Trenches: Some proof on why we lose in the playoffs

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And there in lies you’re misunderstanding. You gave equal blame to Dak and the rest of the team. So you’re talking out both sides of your mouth when we all know you don’t like Dak. You’ve made that very obvious so don’t try and be cute.
All this from the guy who created a thread about fans blaming only the QB. I specifically agree with you that other parts of the team failed ALSO failed. Then you don't want any blame on the QB. Which we all know is always your agenda. That's real "talking out of both sides of your mouth"!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
All this from the guy who created a thread about fans blaming only the QB. I specifically agree with you that other parts of the team failed ALSO failed. Then you don't want any blame on the QB. Which we all know is always your agenda. That's real "talking out of both sides of your mouth"!!
No one is saying there is no blame on the QB. However when Cowboy fans with DDS only want to blame Dak, then fans that actually understand the game and don't just watch the football the entire game, come to his defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
According to some, who needs trenches? All we need is a new QB. A great QB is a 1 man team, right?
Look hopefully that'll continue to improve and I believe our offensive line has always been one of the top units they're trying to refresh that right now and our defensive ends are part of the trenches, so right now the biggest thing we need to fix is the center of our defense and hopefully some of the guys we have on this team will take a step and hopefully kendrick's and Mike Zimmer and his new scheme and his new voice can get in the heads and make our linebacking core better as well it it kind of works together in there in the middle..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I and some fellow zoners have been harping about this for years .
We've had some good years On OL and some on DL , but unfortunately not both in meaning ful time.

We need decent pass protection and a mauling run blocking line ( hopefully this young OL will become that) But at the same time need good run blocking DL with decent pass rushers . Hence cant understand Jerry and co. hesitancy in investing some good DL a RB this year.

May be the thinking is young OL needs a season to gel and with possibility of coaching change next year , the direction will change.

Of course cap is a mess, thatswhy I am one of those who do not to waste enormous cap on QB or any one position.
I know we've been saying that but it seems to not stop people from blaming one player or one coach or just trying to find a single reason why we're losing games in the playoffs and it's far more than that I can think of five reasons just since 2016 and every one of those playoff losses that were a bigger cause long before we could start talking about the quarterback..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No one is saying there is no blame on the QB. However when Cowboy fans with DDS only want to blame Dak, then fans that actually understand the game and don't just watch the football the entire game, come to his defense.
We disagree on what his actual goal is.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Look hopefully that'll continue to improve and I believe our offensive line has always been one of the top units they're trying to refresh that right now and our defensive ends are part of the trenches, so right now the biggest thing we need to fix is the center of our defense and hopefully some of the guys we have on this team will take a step and hopefully kendrick's and Mike Zimmer and his new scheme and his new voice can get in the heads and make our linebacking core better as well it it kind of works together in there in the middle..
We don't need an improved OLine. QB's play against QB's.

I guess I have been looking at football wrong my entire life.

I did not realize that QB's play QB's, RB's play RB's, DB's play DB's and so forth and so on.

I always thought an offense played against a defense.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak’s to blame as is the rest of the team, coaches. I’ve said it a billion times.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Arizona game was NOT an anomaly.

Where's the evidence that we've made significant roster improvements to rectify this?

It doesn't exist.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Because you’re a hater.
Who believes some of the same things as you. At least according to some of your words.

You post all these comments about other people going through life negatively and you use the hater label more than anyone here. Yeah, we all notice.

Truth is stranger than fiction. You just couldn't make up some of the stuff you experience on this site.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who believes some of the same things as you. At least according to some of your words.

You post all these comments about other people going through life negatively and you use the hater label more than anyone here. Yeah, we all notice.

Truth is stranger than fiction. You just couldn't make up some of the stuff you experience on this site.
There’s a lot of haters here.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Don't know what that means, but there is a small contingent of fans who believe that Dak is either terrible or great. Neither is true, and both sides continuously lie. It's really a sad little thing. This small number of people dominate every Dak thread so it's impossible to have a decent convo concerning Dak.

If you're putting me on one side or the other, you have grossly misread, try again.
There are lot of posters here who think he is terrible. Not a small contingent on this forum. This is not a both sides issue. I don't see anyone saying Dak is great. He is not, but he is a very good QB. He like any other QB makes mistakes and is called out on them. The problem is alot of posters here only see the mistakes and blame him soley for every loss. If you can't see that here, you have blinders on.

kskboys

Reaction score
There are lot of posters here who think he is terrible. Not a small contingent on this forum. This is not a both sides issue. I don't see anyone saying Dak is great. He is not, but he is a very good QB. He like any other QB makes mistakes and is called out on them. The problem is alot of posters here only see the mistakes and blame him soley for every loss. If you can't see that here, you have blinders on.
You have not done your homework. Only a very few think he is terrible. And several state how great he is all the time.

What you're doing is coming to conclusions using incomplete data. The Dak lovers and haters spat continuously in any thread about him, so the large majority of posters spend little or no time there.

The blinders thing? You might need to apply that to yourself. Quit attacking anyone you perceive as not being a Dak promoter.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
But who wins this way? What team manages to not be able to stop the run or run the football and their QB bails them out? You’re trying to win a way that hasn’t been proven to win.
I'm not a Dak apologizer nor a fan of unreasonable contracts that concentrate on the QB at the expense of building a strong, well balanced team, but neither am I a fan of endlessly harping at a QB over and over and over while pretending not to see the continuous failures of a team to hold up their end of the bargain in the trenches.
There's an old saying that has always held true, that games are won or lost in the trenches. That's not a new concept, it's tried and true. If you can't run the ball and you can't stop the run, you're in serious trouble. You might win the lesser games, but not the big games. Anyone pretending different is being intellectually dishonest, to put it nicely.
You're right MC, championship teams need more than a decent QB, they need to be able to contend in the trenches both defensively and offensively, and the Cowboys FO has continuously failed in that department for years.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And you want the team to retain Dak at a huge amount of money, right? That makes sense.
No, but neither do I want a new QB while ignoring the all important trenches. Balance people, Balance!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a Dak apologizer nor a fan of unreasonable contracts that concentrate on the QB at the expense of building a strong, well balanced team, but neither am I a fan of endlessly harping at a QB over and over and over while pretending not to see the continuous failures of a team to hold up their end of the bargain in the trenches.
There's an old saying that has always held true, that games are won or lost in the trenches. That's not a new concept, it's tried and true. If you can't run the ball and you can't stop the run, you're in serious trouble. You might win the lesser games, but not the big games. Anyone pretending different is being intellectually dishonest, to put it nicely.
You're right MC, championship teams need more than a decent QB, they need to be able to contend in the trenches both defensively and offensively, and the Cowboys FO has continuously failed in that department for years.
You can win a ton of games if you can control the line of scrimmage. Combine that, a good running game and a QB like Dak and the sky is the limit.