Trent Dilfer Predicts Romo as MVP

cowboyz

Reaction score
trent dilfer playing the good cop at espn?

he's consistently been giving love to the cowboys

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2456216 said:
For a kid from no where, he's pretty darn good, no?
I always liked this guy as the perfect vet backup QB. Now he's quickly one of the best analysts in the business. Marcellus Wiley is pretty good too. Woody is great. Michael Smith is my favorite on the Draft.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2456218 said:
I always liked this guy as the perfect vet backup QB. Now he's quickly one of the best analysts in the business. Marcellus Wiley is pretty good too. Woody is great. Michael Smith is my favorite on the Draft.
I could be wrong but I think he's talking about Romo.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
If the Jets make it into the Playoffs, I would have to give Brett Favre the edge.

Also, I know most will be upset, but I think at some point you have to start taking a hard look at Eli Manning as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;2456226 said:
I could be wrong but I think he's talking about Romo.
Damn, you're absolutely right. I hate it when you do that to me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2456218 said:

ummmmmmm what?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456229 said:
If the Jets make it into the Playoffs, I would have to give Brett Favre the edge.

Also, I know most will be upset, but I think at some point you have to start taking a hard look at Eli Manning as well.

John Madden already has him in that spot.
I would agree though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All because he says Romo is an MVP candidate.

I wonder what the response would be had he said Romo didn't deserve to be an MVP candidate?

"Perpetual Bus Driver."

"What does he know. He had the best seat in town watching the Ravens defense deliver him a Super Bowl ring."

"Why listen to him. He wouldn't know what an MVP looked like if you gave him a magnifying glass and the M and V."

Interesting how agreement makes an expert analyst out of some commentators. :D ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2456238 said:
All because he says Romo is an MVP candidate.

I wonder what the response would be had he said Romo didn't deserve to be an MVP candidate?

"Perpetual Bus Driver."

"What does he know. He had the best seat in town watching the Ravens defense deliver him a Super Bowl ring."

"Why listen to him. He wouldn't know what an MVP looked like if you gave him a magnifying glass and the M and V."

Interesting how agreement makes an expert analyst out of some commentators. :D ;)
I would still think he's the best analyst out there.

Reaction score
Hostile;2456210 said:
Not only is he a great analyst, he's smart too.

Wow... Hmmm we will see, it will be interesting if Romo leads Dallas to a 4-0 or 3-1 record in December.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dilfer's a good one.

I wanted to sign him in 2001, instead we got Tony Banks :banghead:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
lol dilfer was horrible on the field. i like him as an analyst though.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Hostile;2456244 said:
I would still think he's the best analyst out there.

Me too. I heard him after the Commanders (I think) game and was blown away by his complete lack of an agenda. Isn't that sad? I've come to expect that. His analysis was excellent and he didn't throw out any unnecessary comments about Pac Man or Jerry or whatever. Just good football analysis. You know, I refer to Eli Manning as Eli Dilfer all the time. It pisses off the countless Giants fans that I have to deal with on a daily basis to no end. But now I feel bad about making fun of Trent. He's a good analyst.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree about Dilfer as an analyst. Very articulate and provides some of the same QB-type in-depth analysis as Jaworski does.

He's so much better than Steve Young...as an analyst.

He's an awesome person too. One of the nicest you could meet.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456229 said:

Gag me...I already had a rant about him earlier today. I don't want to get started again.

There are probably 3 guys in his team more deserving than him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Future;2456416 said:
Gag me...I already had a rant about him earlier today. I don't want to get started again.

There are probably 3 guys in his team more deserving than him.

No one on our team is 11-1. He's become a very good QB. He just isn't going to take over a game like a Favre, Romo, his brother, Brees. etc. He's a manager but he has started to hit some longer passes. He doesn't lose games either.