Trent Dilfer Predicts Romo as MVP

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2456653 said:
I said he wasnt cause he wasnt. And quit being a fool. Everyone knows Romo's the best QB in the NFC, but his absence and the Boys record pulled him back.
Spin it, brotha.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The Panch;2456616 said:
So Troy's career was a waste with his lack of 300 yard games? Eli plays for team that runs the ball first. Of course he's not gonna light it up. Bottom line is, he's playing well in all phases and isnt turning the ball over nearly as much as he used to. 3 of his 8 INTs have came in the Giants' lone loss and he's hardly fumbling these days.

Troy played in a different era and had Emmitt Smith to run the ball multiple times for 100-yard games. If you had to pick an MVP on those teams, it would more often than not be Emmitt.

Either you're a Giants fan, or you're a half-way Cowboys fan by attempting to stick up for Eli Manning at ALL.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Romo should be MVP....his numbers are sick and he missed 3 games...it's not even close IMO.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
If Romo throws 300+ yards and 3 TD's against the Steelers does that make him MVP for the nay sayers?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I think Favre gets it if he gets to the playoffs. If they go far in the playoffs, possibly even the Super Bowl, it's a given.

Rudy

Reaction score
jobberone;2456424 said:
No one on our team is 11-1. He's become a very good QB. He just isn't going to take over a game like a Favre, Romo, his brother, Brees. etc. He's a manager but he has started to hit some longer passes. He doesn't lose games either.

Matter of fact, he wins them. Remember the Super Bowl??
I hate him, but give it where it's due.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Eli deserves the MVP about as much as Kerry Collins deserves it. Both have leaned heavily on the run game this year and don't have MVP type numbers, imo.

If Romo has a good december, there is no way he is not the MVP.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2456964 said:
Eli deserves the MVP about as much as Kerry Collins deserves it. Both have leaned heavily on the run game this year and don't have MVP type numbers, imo.

both also lean on very good defenses too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
casmith07;2456610 said:
No you don't. He's had ONE 300-yard game all season.

Give him Terrell Owens, Jason Witten and Roy Williams and see what kind of numbers he puts up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Good comparison. Aside from a 10 point difference in QB rating, 9 TDs and 500 yards, they are almost exactly alike.

The Panch

Reaction score
Either you're a Giants fan, or you're a half-way Cowboys fan by attempting to stick up for Eli Manning at ALL.
Or maybe Im seeing that the Giants are the best team in football and he's the defending SB MVP that QBs the #1 scoring offense in football that doesnt turn the ball over and moves the ball thru the air with relative ease when teams take away the run. :eek:

While I think that comparison holds some weight based on how those teams are built, you cant compare....

9 TDs to 19
177 ypg to 218
58.5% completion to 62%
An 81.9 passer rating to a 91.3 rating

Cowboys2008 said:
I think Favre gets it if he gets to the playoffs. If they go far in the playoffs, possibly even the Super Bowl, it's a given.
The MVP is decided well before the SB. But I kind of agree. The media stays slurpin Farva's foam.

DaBoys4Life said:
If Romo throws 300+ yards and 3 TD's against the Steelers does that make him MVP for the nay sayers?
It's not about what he does in one game. It's about what he does the rest of the season and more importantly, if it shows in the Win column. And I dont see how you say it's not even close when the only thing he leads the league in is passer rating.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
did you see the shot last week of Romo trying to hi5 the official who ignored him...Romo just grinned...I did too......

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
dfense;2456553 said:
That's because he's played the position. Even Jaws gives it up for Romo.

Who else is there, a couple egotistical receivers, an old school linebacker and an old school coach. Berman has no business even being there.

oh god youre not one of those r u? you think you have to have played to be qualified to have a job talking about it on tv?:confused: :rolleyes:

the jockocracy lives

zeroburrito

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2456808 said:

if that happens he will be mvp even if they don't make the playoffs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Here are some stats for your gee whiz collection.

Romo has 21 TD passes. Warner and Brees lead with 24. They've played 3 more games than Tony has. If Tony had played 12 games at his current pace he would have 28 right now and would finish with 37 for the year.

Tony leads the league in yards per attempt at 8.53. So if he threw the ball anywhere near what Brees and Warner do (they have 170 more passes attempted than he does) He would be blowing them away and would probably have a lot more TDs too.

His TD % of 7.0 is the highest in the NFL.

His QB Rating is the highest in the NFL.

No wonder we struggled without him.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2457159 said:
Here are some stats for your gee whiz collection.

Romo has 21 TD passes. Warner and Brees lead with 24. They've played 3 more games than Tony has. If Tony had played 12 games at his current pace he would have 28 right now and would finish with 37 for the year.

Tony leads the league in yards per attempt at 8.53. So if he threw the ball anywhere near what Brees and Warner do (they have 170 more passes attempted than he does) He would be blowing them away and would probably have a lot more TDs too.

His TD % of 7.0 is the highest in the NFL.

His QB Rating is the highest in the NFL.

No wonder we struggled without him.

Struggled? That's putting it mildly.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I've been enjoying Dilfer's analysis all year. He's especially good on Cowherd's radio show.

He's more analytical than the other guys that ESPN employs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2457039 said:
Give him Terrell Owens, Jason Witten and Roy Williams and see what kind of numbers he puts up.

Why are you Acting as if Eli is this great talent all of a sudden? He has been surrounded by good players and never put up great numbers

The Panch;2457055 said:
It's not about what he does in one game. It's about what he does the rest of the season and more importantly, if it shows in the Win column. And I dont see how you say it's not even close when the only thing he leads the league in is passer rating.

He has had a great season. He's missed 3 games and the numbers he's put up are ridic.....I would love to see any of those other candidates numbers if they missed 3 games.......