Trent Dilfer Predicts Romo as MVP

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2456580 said:
At least luxury.

I'd say it will be hard to keep it from him if they win the SB again. That will be a lot of gold for him.
Isn't the MVP chosen before the Super Bowl?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Panch;2456585 said:
If the polls were to end today, I wouldnt even have Romo in the pro bowl. Id have Warner, Brees and yes, Eli ahead of him (even tho he doesnt deserve MVP mention when he has the best O-line and running game in football making things easier for him), but if he can run the table, Romo should be the MVP.
except Romo has played better than Warner this year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
windward;2456598 said:
He's played better than all three. It's not really debatable either.

The Panch

Reaction score
windward;2456598 said:
Not really. Just the past few weeks. Both have alot of turnovers and TDs and the games missed hurt Romo right now. And Warner has completed a good percentage while Romo's is 4% less.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456229 said:
Also, I know most will be upset, but I think at some point you have to start taking a hard look at Eli Manning as well.

No you don't. He's had ONE 300-yard game all season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2456606 said:
Not really. Just the past few weeks. Both have alot of turnovers and TDs and the games missed hurt Romo right now. And Warner has completed a good percentage while Romo's is just ok.
Oh, so you meant, "If the polls ended several weeks ago... ."

Gotcha. You're a hoot!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
windward;2456598 said:
Romo has played better than either Warner or Brees this year.

Brees INT's outnumbered his TD's in 5 games so far, and the Saints lost all 5.

The Panch

Reaction score
casmith07;2456610 said:
No you don't. He's had ONE 300-yard game all season.
So Troy's career was a waste with his lack of 300 yard games? Eli plays for team that runs the ball first. Of course he's not gonna light it up. Bottom line is, he's playing well in all phases and isnt turning the ball over nearly as much as he used to. 3 of his 8 INTs have came in the Giants' lone loss and he's hardly fumbling these days.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2456611 said:
Oh, so you meant, "If the polls ended several weeks ago... ."

Gotcha. You're a hoot!
Will you cut your crap already. You ride my jock around this board like you got a crush on me. Their stats are similar except for the fact that Warner has been healthy all season and has the second highest completion percentage, yards and TDs in the league.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2456622 said:
Will you cut your crap already. You ride my jock around this board like you got a crush on me. Their stats are similar except for the fact that Warner has been healthy all season and has the highest completion percentage in the league.
I can't help it. You just keep posting the dumbest things, leaving yourself open to ridicule. It is pretty funny.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2456625 said:
I can't help it. You just keep posting the dumbest things, leaving yourself open to ridicule. It is pretty funny.
No, I just dont slurp everything involving this team and you cant take it cause you cant give an impartial opinion on anything without catching feelings like a woman.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jobberone;2456580 said:
At least luxury.

I'd say it will be hard to keep it from him if they win the SB again. That will be a lot of gold for him.

What yuo the spelin police?:D

cmacch

Reaction score
The Panch;2456629 said:
No, I just dont slurp everything involving this team and you cant take it cause you cant give an impartial opinion on anything without catching feelings like a woman.

As a proud ****** owner, I resent that remark.

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2456639 said:
I don't think you get that I'm laughing at you.
Oh yeah, laugh at the guy not screaming "Demarcus is the DPOY" and "Romo belongs ahead of Warner despite throwing for less TDs, yards and a lower completion percentage." Hilarious. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;2456646 said:
Oh yeah, laugh at the guy not screaming "Demarcus is the DPOY" and "Romo belongs ahead of Warner despite throwing for less TDs, yards and a lower completion percentage." Hilarious. ;)
I'm laughing at the guy who said Ware wasn't even in the discussion and Romo is the 4th best QB in the NFC this year.
:lmao2:

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;2456650 said:
I'm laughing at the guy who said Ware wasn't even in the discussion and Romo is the 4th best QB in the NFC this year.
:lmao2:
I said he wasnt cause he wasnt. And quit being a fool. Everyone knows Romo's the best QB in the NFC, but his absence and the Boys record pulled him back.

Reaction score
viman96;2456446 said:
Lots of 2nd tier QBs make great coaches and analysts. I bet it has to do with not having as much talent and studying more to compensate.

HEY...i RESEMBLE that remark!!!

kmd24

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2456238 said:
"Why listen to him. He wouldn't know what an MVP looked like if you gave him a magnifying glass and the M and V."

So you're saying that he couldn't find the P?

I think perhaps you're confusing Dilfer with Skip Bayless.