News: Trevor Lawrence and the Jags have agreed to a 5-year, $275M extension

J12B

Reaction score
The guy is 10 games under 500 after three seasons. He has only 58 career TD passes with a career passer rating of 85.0 and his playoff record is 1-1. He hasn’t come close to living up to the high expectations he had coming out of college. No way is he worth $55M per with $200M guaranteed. Dak will want more than him and will have a good case.
Yeah, I have no idea why the Jags gave him that contract. He's been average at best.

J12B

Reaction score
In the three years that Lawrence has been a Jaguar, only one offensive teammate has been a Pro Bowler and only for one season. That is TE Engrams.

The 2023 season was Lawrence's 3rd, There was only one offensive starter left from 2021, Lawrence's rookie season. That was LT Cam Robinson.

Lawrence was the 1st overall pick in the draft, obviously a target rich spot for Super Bowl quarterbacks.

In Lawrence's first season, the Jags were ranked 32nd scoring offense. The previous season, they were ranked 30th. Lawrence took them to 10th scoring offense.

Lawrence should have a long career and is worth the contract.
So you're saying he needs to have a good oline and WR core to be successful.

That is mind blowing.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
For some reason he heavily regressed last year.

Even with the addition of Calvin Ridley.

He looks like JAG at the QB position.
injury and OL issues. Could be a guy who needs everything perfect in front of him to succeed

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
For those here who continue to undervalue Quarterbacks or are ignoring the way teams value Quarterbacks, you simply are not paying attention to the sport you allegedly love.
It's denial more than anything else. And I'm also guilty as charged. This is just stupid and I don't want the Cowboys to pay Dak that much money. I hope they let him hit free agency. Wish him all the dollars he can carry, don't have a personal problem with him. Just not here. Let's rebuild with a young QB and use the cap money to build a good gritty team around him. With an actual rungame and mean guys in the trenches. Kick Dak outta town now.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
look i just say this

if u have a guy u know u want to sign there is ZERO good to wait

zero! the price not going to be going down!

idk why stephen and jerry have a problem to understand this

i also so not under stand how they screw up sitting on their hand with 3 of them at the same time
Duh because they want to reset the market always

plasticman

Reaction score
So you're saying he needs to have a good oline and WR core to be successful.

That is mind blowing.
Which Super Bowl winning quarterbacks didn't have a solid line and some quality receivers?

When you draft a quarterback with the1st overall pick then you are pretty much obligated to arm him and protect such an investment.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think you missed the point. That contract extension worked out really bad for the eagles. They should have waited.
They traded him and his contract for a third round pick and a first round pick. It worked out great for them.

Loso86

Reaction score
He won't, at least not from the cowboys. If he was going to get a big contract it would have been done.

The only way that something changes is if dak performs in the playoffs this year which is highly unlikely.
Sure

Redline360

Reaction score
Sounds like crazy talk and merely based on his "potential" being extremely high.

He's obviously hasn't lived up to his hype however his OL is constantly ranked in the cellar(23 26 28 give or take a few spots depending on website), WR and RB talent hasn't been great either. Belive they might have ranked dead last in the run game last year or close to it.

His defense was trash his first year however finished 12th and 16th overall the last two years.

Still to early to tell if he will ever live up to the hype especially behind a garbage OL and lack of talent around him overall

rambo2

Reaction score
To be clear here TL is a national championship winning QB that is 24. Thought of as one of the best QB prospects in years. Our guy is 31 and has demonstrated expertise in choking during big games. To suggest Dak should get paid anywhere near this is pure stupidity.
Lol, talk about stupid.

Big D

Reaction score
look i just say this

if u have a guy u know u want to sign there is ZERO good to wait

zero! the price not going to be going down!

idk why stephen and jerry have a problem to understand this

i also so not under stand how they screw up sitting on their hand with 3 of them at the same timeI
It's always a delayed reaction with the Jone's . In 2016 we were litterally a DT away from the ring and look how long it took them to address it.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
In 1988, only 12 NFL players made more than 1 million a year. I still remember a MNF Game back around '88 or '89 when I was still just a little chillin', when AL. Frank and Dan were on, and some QB had just signed a TWO mil a year cintract...may have been Kelly or Marino or Cunningham, but I just remember them saying in an astonished voice "TWO MILLION A YEAR..."and the other 2 guys going "WHEW!!!". That was a bit less than 40 years ago.

I wonder what will happen in next 40 years? (Assuming they don't outlaw football).

if the next 40 has same % increase as last 40, we'll be seeing a Billion dollar a year QB.

Well....at least I will be seeing that. Most of you will be with Jerruh. (Bring a fan)

Too soon?
I still don’t know why sports players are even allowed to make that much money. Their jobs aren’t nearly as important or skilled as doctors yet the neurosurgeons who spend years in school paying a fortune in tuition (if no scholarship) are lucky to make the same salary as a low-end NFL player.

I get “demand” and everything, but people overvalue give sports way too much. The greed of the sports world is just insane.

Maybe the wording I’m using isn’t the best to describe my sentiment, but you guys are smart - you know what I’m trying to say.