Trey Benson

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Man........I still get ticked off every time I think about how we screwed up the 2014 and 2015 seasons. They intentionally ran the hell out of Murray and refused to pay him. He had over 450 touches 2014 season and led the league in rushing and all-purpose yards. Stephen low-balled him with an offer $5M range. Murray wanted $7M but was willing to take a discount but Stephen still refused. Even Romo, Garrett and Jason Witten voiced their support to get him signed but Stephen brought up some silly chart about RBs decline after X number of years. He and Jerry start pumping Joe Randell saying any RN can get 1000 yards behind our OLine.

Romo had his best career season 2014

Something many fans don't realize or remember is agents repping RBs around the league kept receipts. This treatment of Murray was the main reason Zeke refused to play his fourth year w/o a new deal.

Sorryfor the rant but I honestly believe we would made it to the Super Bowl 2015 if we had resigned Murray. We were clicking on all cylinders at the end 2014 season.
:hammer:No problem you just stating facts. 2014 was one of my favorite teams. I was sick to my stomach after the Green Bay game.

raven55

Reaction score
they haven't figured that out that's why there moron brain is bring back zeke

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Man........I still get ticked off every time I think about how we screwed up the 2014 and 2015 seasons. They intentionally ran the hell out of Murray and refused to pay him. He had over 450 touches 2014 season and led the league in rushing and all-purpose yards. Stephen low-balled him with an offer $5M range. Murray wanted $7M but was willing to take a discount but Stephen still refused. Even Romo, Garrett and Jason Witten voiced their support to get him signed but Stephen brought up some silly chart about RBs decline after X number of years. He and Jerry start pumping Joe Randell saying any RN can get 1000 yards behind our OLine.

Something many fans don't realize or remember is agents repping RBs around the league kept receipts. This treatment of Murray was the main reason Zeke refused to play his fourth year w/o a new deal.

Sorry for the rant but I honestly believe we would made it to the Super Bowl 2015 if we had resigned Murray. We were clicking on all cylinders at the end 2014 season.
I understood not paying Murray because he had struggled to stay healthy and the last thing you want to do is give a big second contract to an injury risk, even if he had just had a huge season. My only problem is that we chose to replace him on the cheap and then didn't even draft a back for competition.

However, it wouldn't have mattered in 2015 since Romo was knocked out for the season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RB1 comfortably IMO.

Finding RBs that are 220 and run in the 4.3s is rare. I think he’ll be long gone by our 2nd round pick though.
If you want to trade down and acquire multiple picks this guy is the perfect trade down target.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you don’t have a stud lineman available to pick then why not just trade back and pick him.

You don’t have a RB currently haha
I actually have thought about that. It might happen like that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I love Brooks but boy, Trey Benson is a better fit IMO. This kid is 6'1 221lbs.....for comparison. Zeke was 6'0 226lbs and DeMarco Murray was 6'0 220lbs. Remember Garrett saying the thing loved about Murray is he always falls forward. This kid fits the same mode as Zeke and Murray. If I'm Jerry, there is no way in hell I'm passing on this kid with 56.

Benson has been my guy for a while now. He gives you what we need with his size, big play ability, and is underrated as a receiver.

I like Brooks too, but I just have major reservations about any player, let alone a RB coming fresh off an injury. I do recognize his talent though.

I like Wright but have questions about how good he really is. Tennessee’s offense basically ran a TON of 3-4 receiver sets which creates light boxes and makes it significantly easier for an RB to run between the tackles. I wouldn’t bat an eye if we drafted him but I think he does carry questions of how he’ll translate in a more traditional pro offense.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Benson has been my guy for a while now. He gives you what we need with his size, big play ability, and is underrated as a receiver.

I like Brooks too, but I just have major reservations about any player, let alone a RB coming fresh off an injury. I do recognize his talent though.

I like Wright but have questions about how good he really is. Tennessee’s offense basically ran a TON of 3-4 receiver sets which creates light boxes and makes it significantly easier for an RB to run between the tackles. I wouldn’t bat an eye if we drafted him but I think he does carry questions of how he’ll translate in a more traditional pro offense.
Will Benson make it to 56..........tough question

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Brooks is their guy. Very good prospect but what player are we getting year 1 after the ACL injury ?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Brooks is their guy. Very good prospect but what player are we getting year 1 after the ACL injury ?
Yeah, I think there’s a lot of smoke there:
  1. They had a formal interview with him at the Combine
  2. They have him scheduled for a 30 visit
  3. Their OC was at the Longhorn Pro Day
  4. The team doctor did Brooks surgery

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Yeah, I think there’s a lot of smoke there:
  1. They had a formal interview with him at the Combine
  2. They have him scheduled for a 30 visit
  3. Their OC was at the Longhorn Pro Day
  4. The team doctor did Brooks surgery
As it stands now, I would be mildly surprised if he wasn’t the pick. It just makes too much sense, especially when it comes to the draft tendencies of this team. Really like the player, but unlikely you get the total package in year 1 after the surgery.

1942willys

Reaction score
I frankly would love to get linemen in the first two rds and RB later. That kid from south dakota state can be had in the fifth

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sorry for the rant but I honestly believe we would made it to the Super Bowl 2015 if we had resigned Murray. We were clicking on all cylinders at the end 2014 season.
Zeke wishes he was as good as Demarco in 2014. Man what a wasted season that was. We lost a 3 way tie breaker to Seattle and Green Bay even though we beat Seattle in Seattle in the regular season.
The 2014 OL was the best Cowboys OL in the past 2 decades, especially in the 7 games that JP played RT...

Tyron
Ron Leary
Frederick
Martin
JP/Free