Trey Lance Averages 60 Rushing YPG When He Plays The Majority Of The Snaps

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath in your head.
And you have Dak in your head, rent free, 24/7...

1000020132.jpg

g6f86flh-Hf-Rug.gif

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
People keep getting excited about running QB's, and the passing QB's just keep winning super bowls.
Mahomes can move.

He had 400 rushing yards last year and his mobility extends plays every single week.

Nothing wrong with a QBs legs being an extra weapon.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mahomes can move.

He had 400 rushing yards last year and his mobility extends plays every single week.

Mahomes is a passing QB. Yes, running a bit makes him even better, but my post specifically stated that passing QB's win super bowls. It all comes down to what a QB does when he's in trouble. If he goes to running first, then playoff D's will punish him for it.

Mobility is a highly desired trait in a QB. Running the ball prolifically is not.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Mahomes is a passing QB. Yes, running a bit makes him even better, but my post specifically stated that passing QB's win super bowls. It all comes down to what a QB does when he's in trouble. If he goes to running first, then playoff D's will punish him for it.

Mobility is a highly desired trait in a QB. Running the ball prolifically is not.
Lance will get his chance to show what he can do soon enough.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Anybody but Dak.
so again, doesn't sound like you are looking for improvement, just change.

but you definitely missed the forest because of the trees. the goal is to improve. change is not improve. getting worse is not improve. which is what lance will bring.
now if you said, we should move Lance to the Backfield to bolster our depth. then you would have had something everybody would be onboard with.

let me jump ahead and just put your response here.

" but staying with Dak isn't getting better, its staying the same"....

which again you miss the forest because of the trees.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath in your head.
Dak seemingly has a 12 bedroom, 18000 sq ft, 14 bathroom, with an infiniti pool and a practice football field in your head, given its the only thing you ever write about.

I am sure your response is going to be.

"I live in your head rent free, blah blah blah"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Mahomes can move.

OMG, you are such an NFL amatuer.

there is a difference between a QB that's pass first who can scramble. vs. a running QB, ala Jackson and as you seemingly outlined Lance.

let me know if you want me to order this for you. couple of your buddies took me up on the offer. more than glad to help a fellow zoner
https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dum...05&sprefix=football+for+dummie,aps,248&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Football-Dum...05&sprefix=football+for+dummie,aps,248&sr=8-1

RonnieT24

Reaction score

To be clear NO ONE wants a QB who can just run. It doesn't work in the NFL as has been proven a few thousand times over the years. Any attempt to characterize Mahomes is just stoopid. Dude is a super athlete who also happens to be one of the best passers of all time. He COULD run for 1000 yards if he wanted to.. but he understands that is a) not the way to win the Super Bowl and b) an easy way to shorten one's career. The biggest fallacy in all of this is that "Dak can't get any better." Dak has already proven so many of those naysayers wrong on that count they will never forgive him. First he was "never going to be an NFL starter." Then it was "he can't win games in the NFL." Then it pivoted to "he is limited as a passer and has to be carried by the running game." Then when Zeke started to slow down and we started winning games with Dak's arm it became "he needs an all pro receiver and the best line in football to be successful." Then we dumped Cooper and the line started to become a merry go round because of injuries and we kept winning ... well you get the picture. It's always going to be something with these guys. I mean I get it. Until Dak leads this team on a deep playoff run some of the criticism is fair. But a lot of it is just plain ole Hater-ade. Dak has his flaws but I think those will diminish every year he gets to work with McCarthy and by the same token they weren't going anywhere while he was working with Moore. I'm excited about Dak's future with the Cowboys for that reason. He's in the prime of his career and still improving. If Lance passes him up and takes over the job... I will simply start screaming arse off for Lance to be the best QB in football. It's not that complicated.

kskboys

Reaction score
To be clear NO ONE wants a QB who can just run. It doesn't work in the NFL as has been proven a few thousand times over the years. Any attempt to characterize Mahomes is just stoopid. Dude is a super athlete who also happens to be one of the best passers of all time. He COULD run for 1000 yards if he wanted to.. but he understands that is a) not the way to win the Super Bowl and b) an easy way to shorten one's career. The biggest fallacy in all of this is that "Dak can't get any better." Dak has already proven so many of those naysayers wrong on that count they will never forgive him. First he was "never going to be an NFL starter." Then it was "he can't win games in the NFL." Then it pivoted to "he is limited as a passer and has to be carried by the running game." Then when Zeke started to slow down and we started winning games with Dak's arm it became "he needs an all pro receiver and the best line in football to be successful." Then we dumped Cooper and the line started to become a merry go round because of injuries and we kept winning ... well you get the picture. It's always going to be something with these guys. I mean I get it. Until Dak leads this team on a deep playoff run some of the criticism is fair. But a lot of it is just plain ole Hater-ade. Dak has his flaws but I think those will diminish every year he gets to work with McCarthy and by the same token they weren't going anywhere while he was working with Moore. I'm excited about Dak's future with the Cowboys for that reason. He's in the prime of his career and still improving. If Lance passes him up and takes over the job... I will simply start screaming arse off for Lance to be the best QB in football. It's not that complicated.
Yup. Why I seldom enter a discussion about Dak.