Trey Lance: Cowboys Starter in 2025?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not when he was traded.
Huh? You literally said "Denver carried his ***"

His final season yeah they kinda did. He was traded in 2012. That year Manning went for 4600 yards and 37tds 2nd in the MVP voting, first all pro team. The following year he literally set the all time single season passing yardage record. How was Payton 50% of himself, how did Denver carry him, and how is that a bus driver?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Huh? You literally said "Denver carried his ***"

His final season yeah they kinda did. He was traded in 2012. That year Manning went for 4600 yards and 37tds 2nd in the MVP voting, first all pro team. The following year he literally set the all time single season passing yardage record. How was Payton 50% of himself, how did Denver carry him, and how is that a bus driver?
Do you recall a neck injury???!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Manning was less than 50% of himself when he got traded. Denver carried his ***.
Manning put up some massive numbers his first three years in Denver. You might want to go check his stats. He put up over 5400 yards and 55 TDs his second year in Denver. It wasn’t until his final season with the Broncos, where he was 50% of himself.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Do you recall a neck injury???!
Yeah so the guy was coming off an injury. How is that Denver carrying his *** or Elway just needing a bus driver?

If you're more concerned about the situation pre trade for a QB you really can't knock the Rodgers deal. If you want to look at it from post trade results then knock the Rodgers deal (at least so far) but you can't knock the Manning deal. Quit trying to play both sides to justify your stance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah so the guy was coming off an injury. How is that Denver carrying his *** or Elway just needing a bus driver?

If you're more concerned about the situation pre trade for a QB you really can't knock the Rodgers deal. If you want to look at it from post trade results then knock the Rodgers deal (at least so far) but you can't knock the Manning deal. Quit trying to play both sides to justify your stance.
Just look at the stats. Defense carried Manning. He was garbage in the SB.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Just look at the stats. Defense carried Manning. He was garbage in the SB.
Wait wait wait….so now we are ignoring regular season stats and only judging players based on their performances in the post season?

Where have I heard people do that before?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wait wait wait….so now we are ignoring regular season stats and only judging players based on their performances in the post season?

Where have I heard people do that before?
Hahaha........are you serious. Cowboy fans don't count regular season stats when it comes to Dak.

But we should for Manning. Please explain.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hahaha........are you serious. Cowboy fans don't count regular season stats when it comes to Dak.

But we should for Manning. Please explain.
I’m not the one saying a guy was carried, or was a bus driver despite elite numbers in 3 of the 4 years he was in Denver. Dak is a good QB and Manning was one of the all time best. You’re the one disrespecting every qb that gets brought up not named Dak Prescott.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’m not the one saying a guy was carried, or was a bus driver despite elite numbers in 3 of the 4 years he was in Denver. Dak is a good QB and Manning was one of the all time best. You’re the one disrespecting every qb that gets brought up not named Dak Prescott.
I am stating the obvious. That teams not QB's win the SB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So the years he had the elite numbers in Denver they lost. The year he sucked he wins the SB.

How does that make sense?

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 56.6 with 141 yards and 1 interception in 1 game for the Broncos versus the Panthers in Super Bowls in his career.

Can you say Bus Driver boys and girls????

Defenses win Championship!!!!

Very difficult to lose games when your defense gives up 10 points, scores a TD, and has 4 take always.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
"The team not QB wins the SB"

Super Bowl winners since that Peyton Manning Super Bowl.

Mahomes
Mahomes
Stafford
Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles (outlier)
Brady

9 times out of 10 a great QB wins the Super Bowl. 9 times out of 10 a QB wins Super Bowl MVP and regular season MVP. Just stop it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So the years he had the elite numbers in Denver they lost. The year he sucked he wins the SB.

How does that make sense?

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 56.6 with 141 yards and 1 interception in 1 game for the Broncos versus the Panthers in Super Bowls in his career.

Can you say Bus Driver boys and girls????

Defenses win Championship!!!!

It doesn’t make sense because you keep changing the narrative on what you said. Your original quote was

“ Manning was less than 50% of himself when he got traded. Denver carried his ***.

Elway new he only needed a bus driver”

That’s completely inaccurate. Manning was a legitimate league MVP and set single season records in Denver. He certainly was t “50% of himself when he got traded”. This was not a situation where elway traded for a bus driver QB as you said. Good QBs do occasionally get traded in the NFL which is the point you were arguing against. Manning was clearly a quality qb when he was traded.

I think you’d insult your own mother if it made Dak Prescott look better.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It doesn’t make sense because you keep changing the narrative on what you said. Your original quote was

“ Manning was less than 50% of himself when he got traded. Denver carried his ***.

Elway new he only needed a bus driver”

That’s completely inaccurate. Manning was a legitimate league MVP and set single season records in Denver. He certainly was t “50% of himself when he got traded”. This was not a situation where elway traded for a bus driver QB as you said. Good QBs do occasionally get traded in the NFL which is the point you were arguing against. Manning was clearly a quality qb when he was traded.

I think you’d insult your own mother if it made Dak Prescott look better.
Good QB's get traded at the end of their prime, if and when a legit GM has a plan in place.

Comparing Trance to any successful QB that has been traded is a farce.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'm not going to defend Trey Lance or bash him, because he's an unproven. No it doesn't look good that Shanahan moved on from him, but he's only played in 8 games and was 5 TDs and 3 INTS which isn't all time terrible for first 8 starts, but not great either. We don't know who he is yet because he wasn't given enough of a chance. The only reason he's on our roster is the 49ers struck gold with the last pick in the draft and they only found out because he got injured.

But Dak has had plenty of chances to shine. It would not be an all time blunder if you start Trey Lance and we go 2-15 to me, because I don't care about regular season wins. We know Dak will fail in the playoffs so I'm doing an American Idol audition for the next Dallas Cowboys QB, if Trey Lance fails we look for another one.

This is the way I see it, but I know it's way more likely that the Cowboys cave into Dak's demands and he's the QB for at least the next 5 seasons. And when he's 36 we're still at 5 Super Bowls but won some more divisions, big whoop. Doubtful he ever gets past the Divisional Round, zero proof he is capable of doing so and QBs don't just suddenly change in their 30's.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Good QB's get traded at the end of their prime, if and when a legit GM has a plan in place.

Comparing Trance to any successful QB that has been traded is a farce.
Trey Lance is TBD. Young QBs can get traded too. Favre was traded after not playing as a rookie in Atlanta. Steve young was a similar high potential guy that had flopped in Tampa before getting traded. More recently Jared Goff was traded. Some young qb trades don’t work out, look at Carson Wentz.

There are comps for Lance…oh wait but his high school stats weren’t that good so he should just quit now and go play in the USFL for $40k

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not going to say "starter" in 2025. My hope is that he will compete with another for the starting job and may the best QB win.

I see the Cowboys drafting a QB this year or the next and allowing him and Lance to actually compete. I see a scenario where the starter must play at a high level because the backup is also capable of starting. This provides a safety net in terms of injury while also acting as leverage during contract negotiations.

Besides, with 17 games in the regular season, a team should have two capable QBs if they wish to compete for a full season.