Trey Lance Is Better Than Gardner Minshew & Aidan O'Connell

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
634337781280.png

ghst187

Reaction score
The problem for the Cowboys is his contract status. This is his last year of his rookie contract. Will he sign a team friendly contract to stay here? If not, we may be wasting our time developing a QB for another team.
This exactly! This was a super dumb trade when Jerry made it for two reasons, Lance needs about 10 years of development and then the contract issue which coincides with Daks contract….
Gonna spend 60m on one and another big contract for a developmental? It was a dumb move, was always a dumb move.
If we had to roll with Lance as the starter we’d have similar results as the 9ers did…horrible.

khiladi

Reaction score
A lot of times accuracy issues are a result of lack of timing in the offense. You can’t really make a judgment with Trey until he gets more reps.

Dak has accuracy issues in his later progressions, because he’s slow as molasses in reading the field and the offense has to be dumbed down for him. But on his first read he can throw dimes.

That’s why you’ll never win with Dak. When defenses were decent enough all around where they could afford to sit in Lamb, like in GB, Dak in all his glory made his appearance.

khiladi

Reaction score
He needs playing time. He hasn't had but very very little the last 4 years.
He also rarely even practiced, because of injuries. So it’s not really like Love’s situation in terms of experience even prior to starting. The worst thing for development for young guys is when you get an injury, because then the consistent work is no longer there and self-doubts are easier to creep in.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Minshew is better than any of the other QBs previously listed. Lance will take a long time to become a starter at this juncture, while Dak has become much too expensive to continue signing every year. It's also time for Jerry & Son to consider drafting a promising QB in 2025.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
in year 4?
Why do you stans keep throwing that out? Sure, it's year 4, but how much playing time has he had in the last 3 years? It would be a lot easier to agree with your stance if he had played in every game from 2021 to present, but you know as well as anyone that isn't the case. Your argument is laughable and foolish.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Minshew is better than any of the other QBs previously listed. Lance will take a long time to become a starter at this juncture, while Dak has become much too expensive to continue signing every year. It's also time for Jerry & Son to consider drafting a promising QB in 2025.
This is the best plan. Lance is tantalizing but a QB must be a draft priority. Frankly I would take 2.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I see poise (the real poise comes when the big games come around). I see pocket awareness. I see a repetitive ability to go through his progressions and see the field better. I see good scrambling ability and a strong arm. I also see good decisions.

I still see accuracy issues, a lack of touch, and hesitation to let the ball go sometimes.

He looks like he’s gaining some confidence and getting better but he needs reps. Nothing beats actual, random game experience.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trey Lance is making Dak Prescott expendable.
Dak's contract demands are what makes him expendable. Whether Lance is the answer or not is to be determined in the ongoing future. He may or may not be the solution to our QB issues. The FO had better consider drafting a promising QB in the next draft to also favor our cause.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why do you stans keep throwing that out? Sure, it's year 4, but how much playing time has he had in the last 3 years? It would be a lot easier to agree with your stance if he had played in every game from 2021 to present, but you know as well as anyone that isn't the case. Your argument is laughable and foolish.
Why are Lance Lovers so keen on playing time? Love was behind Rodgers on the bench for 4 years and he was heck of a lot better.

So now you want to invest years in Teance when all evidence poi ts to nothing more than an average QB and at best....at best a good QB. And you complain intensely about Good QB play.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The problem for the Cowboys is his contract status. This is his last year of his rookie contract. Will he sign a team friendly contract to stay here? If not, we may be wasting our time developing a QB for another team.
I think that depends on what we do with Daks contract

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A lot of times accuracy issues are a result of lack of timing in the offense. You can’t really make a judgment with Trey until he gets more reps.

Dak has accuracy issues in his later progressions, because he’s slow as molasses in reading the field and the offense has to be dumbed down for him. But on his first read he can throw dimes.

That’s why you’ll never win with Dak. When defenses were decent enough all around where they could afford to sit in Lamb, like in GB, Dak in all his glory made his appearance.
Smart post.

Lance just needs to play.

Hes not comfortable at all yet and you’re still seeing improvement.

His biggest problem is a lack of football played. It’s clear as day.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why are Lance Lovers so keen on playing time? Love was behind Rodgers on the bench for 4 years and he was heck of a lot better.

So now you want to invest years in Teance when all evidence poi ts to nothing more than an average QB and at best....at best a good QB. And you complain intensely about Good QB play.
Lance lover? Did you not read what I said in post #28? I have never once said they need to invest years in the kid. That's nothing more than a fabrication you keep telling yourself.

If you consider than Lance will be nothing more than an average to good QB at best, that puts him right on par with Dak by my estimation. Just remember you are the one who said that, not me or anyone else.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lance lover? Did you not read what I said in post #28? I have never once said they need to invest years in the kid. That's nothing more than a fabrication you keep telling yourself.

If you consider than Lance will be nothing more than an average to good QB at best, that puts him right on par with Dak by my estimation. Just remember you are the one who said that, not me or anyone else.
ok, so you complain about Dak and want to replace him with someone who at best is like him!!!