Trey Lance Is Better Than Gardner Minshew & Aidan O'Connell

Ken

Reaction score
Gardner Minshew & Aidan O'Connell...? :muttley:

Breaking: Sources Say Raiders Front Office May Look to The Availability For Trey Lance..JK LOL..

Jerry Says No Deal Here's Why..
Trey Lance: "He's a great athlete. If we were really trying to win a game during the season, there’d be a different game plan. And you'd use his legs a lot. … You're gonna see Trey tonight working out of the pocket, working on his footwork. … I can see why San Francisco gave three ones to draft..

Jerry Been Wrong On a Number Of Issues..However He Might be Right On Lance..:omg:
And Daniel Jones.

johneric8

Reaction score
I use to be a Dak lover but I've fallen off the wagon a bit, but I will say what I saw of Trey last night was all the intangibles you want to see from a young stud. Make good reads, his instincts to run were way better than Dak's for sure right out of the gate plus he is way more explosive. His arm strength is much better than Dak's if you don't believe me do your research.. He is still very young. What he did yesterday wasn't fools gold it's actually the talent the kid has. He has a pretty darn calm demeanor as well. I really like the growth I've seen from him after the first pre season game. I really believe he just needs reps and confidence, but his intangibles are pretty nice. I honestly would like to see him groomed to take over and I honestly would rather roll with him than Rush at this point as the backup.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
so Love who sat behind Rodgers for years, then managed to come in and play well.

there is plenty of examples of QBs having sat and learned. the fact that this kid is still struggling with basic fundamentals of QB play should be a big tell tale sign.
if he was a 7th round pick all you all would just say lets go with Rush.very well could be
Jordan Love enjoyed a complete NCAA career, we know what that was for Trey. He made strides last night, and what it means is who the heck knows. The fact is many on here want to think Trey played 3 years in the NCAA then had no covid/injury problems that stalled his development. I don't think this is to hard to understand, and the exact comparisons are not exact. He may turn out to be a nothing burger, but I for one am not at that point quite yet nor do I know if there will be a chance for him here

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
maybe the Raiders will give us a 4th Rd pick or him.
Since Trey Been Under Development, It Would Be Hard Press For Any Team To Trade For TL..He would have to learn a new OF/Playbook.

The only Scenario I could see it happening only for an Emergency Backup..

Other than that, I Think MM & The Coaching Staff Are Doing a Pretty Good Job In Development While Being Patient With TL.:thumbup:

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jordan Love enjoyed a complete NCAA career, we know what that was for Trey. He made strides last night, and what it means is who the heck knows. The fact is many on here want to think Trey played 3 years in the NCAA then had no covid/injury problems that stalled his development. I don't think this is to hard to understand, and the exact comparisons are not exact. He may turn out to be a nothing burger, but I for one am not at that point quite yet nor do I know if there will be a chance for him here
exactly. this kid is over rated...so why the infatuations. its painfully obvious he was way way way over drafted, but because he is that #3 over all pick associated with him, people want to give 6,7, 8 years to see how he turns out. then they complain from the other side of their mouth that Dak has had 8 years...

if he was a 7th round pick, you would have walked away already.

the fact you stated is that he has no experience. he is not good. he has a long way to go....and only maybe, maybe he may turn into not an elite (too late for that), but perhaps just a good QB.

is he worth 25M to invest next year to see if he progresses? the fact is the cowboys coaches didn't think so and thus he is a FA next year.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The thread title is more of an indictment against Minshew and O'Connell than it is an endorsement of Lance.

Just my opinion.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol.... and you want to keep Dak (and overpay him) while complaining about a potential replacement (cheaper by a large margin) who is possibly going to be the same as Dak.
I never said to keep Dak. but I am not going to waste time on someone who I am sure 99% is not going to turn into a high level QB in this league...time to move on from both.

the point is you complain incessently about Dak, yet you want at best his clone? why? you have too much Dak on your mind.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean the Raiders QB who played the 4th quarter with his mouthpiece stuck in his facemask was better than Minshew/O'Connell.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is this not what is said about a QB going into year 9?
who cares about Dak. time to move on. this is not a Dak vs. Lance (because Dak blows him away) and if Dak is not the answer, for sure Lance is not and its time to move on. stop drooling and going gaga over a below average QB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We've been giving 8 years to a guy who still does that especially when it counts
so you made a mistake..right? now you want to do it again? just because he is cheaper but not better? do you work for Dallas Cowboys Finance dept. by any chance?

I am pretty sure the next words you post will be, we will have so much money to sign a whole bunch of FAs...right? tell me you didn't think that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I missed parts of the game as I was at a birthday party. I recorded it, so need to watch it and listen to it. Will do that later today.
So I will not comment as to any improvement or about his ability to see the field or read defenses, accuracy or touch on the ball.

I will say, fans always think they know more than what they do. When it comes to saying if a QB can do either of those things. If they do not like a player, they will extremely exaggerate perceived flaws.

Oh I did see a fantastic fade throw for a TD.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. hope you had a great time and enjoyed it to the fullest.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who cares about Dak. time to move on. this is not a Dak vs. Lance (because Dak blows him away) and if Dak is not the answer, for sure Lance is not and its time to move on. stop drooling and going gaga over a below average QB
Not drooling over any player. Maybe you should stop hating on him and pull for him for the betterment of the team.
Stop being Trey fail over Dallas success.

pansophy

Reaction score
Trey Lance is a more athletic version of Dak. Like Dak early in his career, Trey lacks the best mechanics and footwork to throw accurate passes. Too many passes are low, high, and behind. He is at his best throwing in the middle of the field. But over several seasons Dak has been able to correct his his throwing motion and footwork, and this helped him throw outside. So if we keep Trey on the roster for the long term he can make those same kinds of adjustments and become a player in the league. Whether that's with us as an eventual Dak replacement (after this next contract) or we trade him to another team, I can see why they have interest in continuing to develop him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not drooling over any player. Maybe you should stop hating on him and pull for him for the betterment of the team.
Stop being Trey fail over Dallas success.
I don't hate him. I just being a realist based on what I have seen in past 4 years. but everybody else wants to give him another 4, then complain about Dak having had 8 years.

if Trey succeeds, I will eat crow. two platful's in a row. perhaps this Trey over Dallas fanbase should kool it off a bit

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don't hate him. I just being a realist based on what I have seen in past 4 years. but everybody else wants to give him another 4, then complain about Dak having had 8 years.

if Trey succeeds, I will eat crow. two platful's in a row. perhaps this Trey over Dallas fanbase should kool it off a bit
There's no Trey over Dallas, unlike the Dakvidians. There's let's hope he can be the next QB because the current one is an all time playoff failure and already wasted one large long term deal.

That's pro-Dallas. But you'll never get that.

Blab away you're ignored