Trey Lance Is Better Than Gardner Minshew & Aidan O'Connell

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and game what? Wish you guys would stop focusing on the year 4 thing. Dak is year 9, yet here we are
so Love who sat behind Rodgers for years, then managed to come in and play well.

there is plenty of examples of QBs having sat and learned. the fact that this kid is still struggling with basic fundamentals of QB play should be a big tell tale sign.
if he was a 7th round pick all you all would just say lets go with Rush.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are Lance Lovers so keen on playing time? Love was behind Rodgers on the bench for 4 years and he was heck of a lot better.

So now you want to invest years in Teance when all evidence poi ts to nothing more than an average QB and at best....at best a good QB. And you complain intensely about Good QB play.
And it took Love 8 to 10 games to improve. Or was it that the entire team improved as well. They got on a hot streak.
However, you will not accept this fact.

shabazz

Reaction score
Those 4 years are in the past. And it was not a full 4 years. Stop tipping the scales.
I only care what he does here, nothing in the past matters.
I'm with you on this but I just don't know how he can be truly evaluated further without being in regular season games

Short of either Dak getting injured (God forbid) or demoted , I don't envision it.

I guess if we are at some point mathematically eliminated, though.......

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you on this but I just don't know how he can be truly evaluated further without being in regular season games

Short of either Dak getting injured (God forbid) or demoted , I don't envision it.

I guess if we are at some point mathematically eliminated, though.......
Maybe some mop up snaps, or if Dak having a bad game and gets pulled. Or we are behind by too much.
Of course the garbage time stats crowd will say it does not count.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And it took Love 8 to 10 games to improve. Or was it that the entire team improved as well. They got on a hot streak.
However, you will not accept this fact.
so lets give 8 to 10 games to a guy who in year 4 still struggles to read a defense and throws 5 yards over WRs heads and misses what? 5 or 6 open WRs because he can't see the field?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Maybe some mop up snaps, or if Dak having a bad game and gets pulled. Or we are behind by too much.
Dak refuses to leave the game when it's going poorly. He knows once we're getting blown out he can throw 3 TD's in garbage time and pump up that stat line. I mean, he rarely even comes out of the game when we're up big.

shabazz

Reaction score
True. I guess we better see the depth chart switch Rush and Lance before assuming this will happen anyway, lol.

The FO has so neglected drafting a high round QB in the last 30 years that we now look for the next franchise qb however the hell we can get one.

I'll keep an open mind while further evidence comes to us

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so lets give 8 to 10 games to a guy who in year 4 still struggles to read a defense and throws 5 yards over WRs heads and misses what? 5 or 6 open WRs because he can't see the field?
I missed parts of the game as I was at a birthday party. I recorded it, so need to watch it and listen to it. Will do that later today.
So I will not comment as to any improvement or about his ability to see the field or read defenses, accuracy or touch on the ball.

I will say, fans always think they know more than what they do. When it comes to saying if a QB can do either of those things. If they do not like a player, they will extremely exaggerate perceived flaws.

Oh I did see a fantastic fade throw for a TD.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
ok, so you complain about Dak and want to replace him with someone who at best is like him!!!
Lol.... and you want to keep Dak (and overpay him) while complaining about a potential replacement (cheaper by a large margin) who is possibly going to be the same as Dak.

JustChip

Reaction score
Trey has more potential, but he’s not better than Minshew at this time. Minshew has way more NFL starts than Lance. Heck, Minshew may have more NFL starts than Lance had total at all 3 levels. And he’s still too inconsistent passing.

That said, maybe his best play was the run prior to the 1/2. Knew where and when to go down to give Papa Aubrey a chance.