Trey Lance is likely our 2 after this season

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
I liked Rush, but I think he will be shown the door after this season and Trey Lance will be promoted to substitute QB. No matter how this season ends, 2024 will probably be the time we will see if Trey Lance can win the starting job. I’m very excited about this player and from the rumors, he has finally settled in as a Dallas Cowboy. Yeehaw!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re jumping to conclusions way too soon and I wouldn’t be getting real excited about Trey Lance. We haven’t even seen him take a snap as a Cowboy. There’s certainly isn’t anything he did as a 49er to get anyone excited.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
You’re jumping to conclusions way too soon and I wouldn’t be getting real excited about Trey Lance. We haven’t even seen him take a snap as a Cowboy. There’s certainly isn’t anything he did as a 49er to get anyone excited.
I see people writing him off. We need to give this man a fair chance. It would be wrong and he might be our starter eventually.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I see people writing him off. We need to give this man a fair chance. It would be wrong and he might be our starter eventually.
I’m not writing him off, but I’m certainly not going get excited about him. I remember when Jerry traded a third round pick to the Texas for Drew Henson. Everyone on the board I was posting on at the time was jumping for joy, thinking we found our next great QB. Lol The Texans didn’t see anything in him which is why they traded him. We ended up seeing the same things they saw. He only lasted one season with the Cowboys. I’m hoping like everyone Trey Lance amounts to something positive but I’ll be surprised if he lasts more than two seasons with the Cowboys.

Motorola

Reaction score
I liked Rush, but I think he will be shown the door after this season and Trey Lance will be promoted to substitute QB. No matter how this season ends, 2024 will probably be the time we will see if Trey Lance can win the starting job. I’m very excited about this player and from the rumors, he has finally settled in as a Dallas Cowboy. Yeehaw!
With regards to Cooper Rush - he's only 4 months younger than Prescott (turns 30 Thanksgiving week), so everyone knows he's not the future longterm starter for the Cowboys.
But if Lance progresses well in the offseason to supplant Rush as the backup QB, Dallas may still want him remain in the fold as the No. 3 guy.
Since Rush has basically spent his entire NFL career in some form or fashion with the Cowboys (since 2017 = 7 seasons), I could see him remaining, unless another team wants him as a No. 2...and will pay him more than Dallas.

shabazz

Reaction score
What is exactly meant as him “settling in”?

Does it mean he had all his things arrive at the new crib here from San Fran?
Does it mean he can party later at night knowing that he memorized our generic playbook in 3 days?
Does it mean that he’s lined up a bunch of endorsement deals that comes with the Star on the helmet?

Enquiring minds want to know…….

Jarntt

Reaction score
If Lance is not at least the #2 next year he will be cut. He will not be the #3 next year with that cap hit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Salary cap says he might be starting in 2024 or 2025. Its early, but if we do a rough estimate on what it will take to resign guys and extend Dak, we can't pay them all. Its gonna come down to Micah or Dak.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Would someone please explain his exact contract situation?

Did we actually deal a fourth for someone who won’t be here next season? His draft status has to mean a reasonably high base salary.

I’m sure SF is absorbing most of that for this year, but what happens moving ahead?

I mean, please tell me this is about more than Jerrys dumb way of pressuring the incumbent into being better than he is.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
next year his cap hit is 5M...

cooper rush cap hit is 2.8M...

money talks. they want to use Lance...no way they traded a 4th and are paying him 5M with zero plan in place. We gave you a chance, give us a discount - sound familiar?

Post june 1 cut for Dak or Trade Post June 1 is

DEAD CAP - 25M
CAP SAVINGS - $34M

football is a business...
thank me for the numbers later. follow the money.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
What is exactly meant as him “settling in”?

Does it mean he had all his things arrive at the new crib here from San Fran?
Does it mean he can party later at night knowing that he memorized our generic playbook in 3 days?
Does it mean that he’s lined up a bunch of endorsement deals that comes with the Star on the helmet?

Enquiring minds want to know…….

Check to all three.

Settled in.

Carson

Reaction score
I would put Lance at the 2 and Rush as the emergency QB. If Dak goes out and Lance stinks it up, just fake a banged up hammy and Rush can play

conner01

Reaction score
He’s shown the door every season. Lance will get a shot in camp to show he can be the second and we will go from there

conner01

Reaction score
Would someone please explain his exact contract situation?

Did we actually deal a fourth for someone who won’t be here next season? His draft status has to mean a reasonably high base salary.

I’m sure SF is absorbing most of that for this year, but what happens moving ahead?

I mean, please tell me this is about more than Jerrys dumb way of pressuring the incumbent into being better than he is.
He’s signed thru 2024