Trey Lance is likely our 2 after this season

Jipper

Reaction score
I am genuinely excited to see what Lance can do - he was a true top draft prospect and could still have a great pro career.

I know it's going to be frustrating at times but at least there is potential upside vs knowing what we're getting with Dak...

Beaker42

Reaction score
I am genuinely excited to see what Lance can do - he was a true top draft prospect and could still have a great pro career.

I know it's going to be frustrating at times but at least there is potential upside vs knowing what we're getting with Dak...
At this point I’d trade for Bagent from the Bears. Kid’s a baller.

morat1959

Reaction score
Roll the dice and draft a 1st round QB no matter what Lance does. We haven’t in 28 years. The rest speaks for itself.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
How would he get that chance? Here's Lance this year against the Broncos backups in preseason. And remember, Lance comes in last. And from what I've heard, it was preseason that elevated Darnold over Lance. And you'll see why....

He does make some good throws. But a lot of it is..........you'll see.

Watched the video. I am sure no expert. But he looked pretty good to me. 3-4 "iffy" throws, only 1 of them ended up an INT. That video shows a very young, inexperienced QB that had a better game than our $40MM/year starter often has.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I’m not writing him off, but I’m certainly not going get excited about him. I remember when Jerry traded a third round pick to the Texas for Drew Henson. Everyone on the board I was posting on at the time was jumping for joy, thinking we found our next great QB. Lol The Texans didn’t see anything in him which is why they traded him. We ended up seeing the same things they saw. He only lasted one season with the Cowboys. I’m hoping like everyone Trey Lance amounts to something positive but I’ll be surprised if he lasts more than two seasons with the Cowboys.
Interesting nugget, Drew Henson is now a scout for the New York Yankees.

Flamma

Reaction score
Watched the video. I am sure no expert. But he looked pretty good to me. 3-4 "iffy" throws, only 1 of them ended up an INT. That video shows a very young, inexperienced QB that had a better game than our $40MM/year starter often has.
Yes, he made some good throws and clearly looked inexperienced. Only one ended up being picked off, and several others should have been. My main concern was that this is a preseason game. Not only that, but the defenders he faced are probably never going to make any NFL team. It's at the end of the game against the scrubs. Daniel Jones, Kenny Pickett, and Sam Darnold look better. Hell, Zach Wilson looked good in preseason the year he was drafted.

I'm just wondering where Lance is going to get the practice. Right now you can't throw him into a real game.