Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

Sydla

Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say Lance is nowhere near ready to be a starter in this league, if he ever will be ready that is.
Yeah, I think it was pretty funny that some argued Lance could replicate what Dak could do this season.

He cannot. He clearly has an arm and is a great runner but he needs a ton of refinement as a QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You need to shut up already. Trey Lance threw 5 interceptions today against 3rd and 4th stringers (Chargers). I know exactly what I'm talking about when I created this thread.

Yup, I will give Lance one of them cuz the WR got out muscled, but the other 4 were ones where, if that was Dak throwing even one of them, he'd be outright calling for his immediate cut.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That last drive pretty much summed up Lance. Some nice plays that tease you into thinking maybe some day he'll put it together, then he throws off target.... game over and you're reminded that him ever being a starter is a long shot.

I've certainly been critical of those that believed Lance would be the guy to be Dak's takeout. After preseason game 2 that would still sound crazy, but he atleast showed some backup potential. At this point I don't know where we go from here. His best trait is his mobility, his worst is delivering an on target throw from the pocket.

stiletto

Reaction score
That last drive pretty much summed up Lance. Some nice plays that tease you into thinking maybe some day he'll put it together, then he throws off target.... game over and you're reminded that him ever being a starter is a long shot.

I've certainly been critical of those that believed Lance would be the guy to be Dak's takeout. After preseason game 2 that would still sound crazy, but he atleast showed some backup potential. At this point I don't know where we go from here. His best trait is his mobility, his worst is delivering an on target throw from the pocket.
I'm skeptical he can even be a backup. I don't think he reads defenses real well and he is inaccurate. Terrible combo. He can run the ball. He should convert to a WR/TE hybrid. Depends on if he can catch I guess.