Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He'd be better than Dak.

You can actually say that about Lance after that performance with a straight face? Say what you want about Dak, I don't remember a game where he was THAT bad. If Dak threw ONE of the 4 (I'm not counting one of the picks because it's on the WR) picks that Lance threw, you and some of the others here would be demanding that Dak be tarred, feathered, and released in downtown Dallas in a public square.

stiletto

Reaction score
You can actually say that about Lance after that performance with a straight face? Say what you want about Dak, I don't remember a game where he was THAT bad. If Dak threw ONE of the 4 (I'm not counting one of the picks because it's on the WR) picks that Lance threw, you and some of the others here would be demanding that Dak be tarred, feathered, and released in downtown Dallas in a public square.
Ideology over realism for a couple of folks. They are probably rethinking their battle cry after today's game. It is what it is.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm skeptical he can even be a backup. I don't think he reads defenses real well and he is inaccurate. Terrible combo. He can run the ball. He should convert to a WR/TE hybrid. Depends on if he can catch I guess.
Yep, he should be dominating 3rd stringers, instead he's being dominated. I have no idea what his future holds, but Jerry definitely should have waited to the end of the preseason before stating he made the team, lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ideology over realism for a couple of folks. They are probably rethinking their battle cry after today's game. It is what it is.

Yeah, and, to be clear, I'm NOT saying that we should be paying Dak $60m, but Lance just showed the gulf in class between him and Dak with his performance today. That was as clear a difference as you can get for why Dak is where he is, and Lance is where he is (Despite Lance being a 1st round pick).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He had a great game and some of us wanted to keep him. Lance can't even hit open receivers against guys who won't even be in the nfl. Let's just end this right now.

And Lance is supposed to be a top 15 draft pick at QB by a team that's considered a premier organisation. Just goes to show how hard drafting a QB actually is.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yep, he should be dominating 3rd stringers, instead he's being dominated. I have no idea what his future holds, but Jerry definitely should have waited to the end of the preseason before stating he made the team, lol.
He was going to be here just because of the way his contract is but I am having a hard time believing he will get re-signed now even as a developmental QB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think we'd better take a chance on getting a good QB in the first round of the draft, rather than looking for a mid-round steal. The passes when he faced the most pressure were disastrous picks, due to inaccuracy. Unfortunately, his protection surely wasn't top notch, either. I think Jerry will likely keep him in tow, hoping he'll develop well enough over time. I'm really not confident it's a good idea. Taking a promising QB in the first round of the draft might be a better gamble, imho.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we'd better take a chance on getting a good QB in the first round of the draft, rather than looking for a mid-round steal. The passes when he faced the most pressure were disastrous picks, due to inaccuracy. Unfortunately, his protection surely wasn't top notch, either. I think Jerry will likely keep him in tow, hoping he'll develop well enough over time. I'm really not confident that's a good idea. Taking a promising QB in the first round of the draft might be a better gamble, imho.

Trouble is, the QB options in the 2025 look....less than impressive.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A real man doesn't wait 3 days for Lance to have a bad game to respond to what I said.
A real man owns up to when he is proven wrong, apologizes and either shuts up or says he was wrong and asks forgiveness.

A real man doesn't pretend to be a Cowboys fan, trolling a Cowboys fan site every single day for years upon years, causing dissention and division.

mozafcQ.jpg

You're no man. You're an Eagles troll loser who for some weird reason is allowed to keep trolling this site.

leeblair

Reaction score
Because I saw more good in Trey Lance today than I have seen in Dak in eight seasons.
And he continues to get better.
But as usual you guys are going to hate on him, even though it was PRESEASON!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A real man owns up to when he is proven wrong, apologizes and either shuts up or says he was wrong and asks forgiveness.

A real man doesn't pretend to be a Cowboys fan, trolling a Cowboys fan site every single day for years upon years, causing dissention and division.

mozafcQ.jpg

You're no man. You're an Eagles loser troll who for some weird reason is allowed to keep trolling this site.
It's going to be a joy watching an emotional wreck like you fall apart this season knowing it's your hero's farewell tour.

2 more weeks before the first stop.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Because I saw more good in Trey Lance today than I have seen in Dak in eight seasons.
And he continues to get better.
But as usual you guys are going to hate on him, even though it was PRESEASON!

Pfft, okay, I'll give him that he runs well, but come on, you even have to admit 4 of his picks were horrible. I'm not saying we should pay Dak what he's asking for, but I'm sorry, Dak is a better QB than Lance. Unfortunately, the 2025 class doesn't look enticing. So, we kinda are limited on options until 2026. Starting Lance this or next season would result in us maybe winning 2 games and the NFL slapping us with tanking penalities.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was pretty funny that some argued Lance could replicate what Dak could do this season.

He cannot. He clearly has an arm and is a great runner but he needs a ton of refinement as a QB.
They try to act like Dak missing throws or having bad games is the same as Trey Lance missing throws and having bad games. When Dak still showed he can be a reliable regular season QB who is highly ranked in a lot of statistical categories. Falling short in the postseason is the reason for why many are ready to move on from him. But as far as QB skills and ability goes, he is still way above Lance.

The whole goal of moving on from Dak is to find a QB who is an improvement on him when it comes to QB attributes and skills. And winning in the postseason. Lance has had 2 offseasons with 2 different teams in 2 years and has been fighting for the back up job. And struggled today against 3rd and 4th string defenses. But anyone acknowledging Lance having a long way to go before he can be a legitimate starter in the NFL, has been accused of being "Dak before Dallas." fans.