Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

Chasing6

Reaction score
They try to act like Dak missing throws or having bad games is the same as Trey Lance missing throws and having bad games. When Dak still showed he can be a reliable regular season QB who is highly ranked in a lot of statistical categories. Falling short in the postseason is the reason for why many are ready to move on from him. But as far as QB skills and ability goes, he is still way above Lance.

The whole goal of moving on from Dak is to find a QB who is an improvement on him when it comes to QB attributes and skills. And winning in the postseason. Lance has had 2 offseasons with 2 different teams in 2 years and has been fighting for the back up job. And struggled today against 3rd and 4th string defenses. But anyone acknowledging Lance having a long way to go before he can be a legitimate starter in the NFL, has been accused of being "Dak before Dallas." fans.
Yes comparing Dak struggling in the post season against the top teams, to comparing Trance struggling in pre season against scrubs.

Zman5

Reaction score
He'd be better than Dak.
iu

leeblair

Reaction score
So if Trey was elite , he would shine playing with or against the home depot guys .

5 interceptions dont say that .
We don't know what his instructions were.
We don't know if Mike told him ahead of time to do his best and don't be afraid to take chances because the game is only for practice.
You would agree that if the game meant something that Trey would have been reigned in some as far as his passing goes. Would you not?
It only stands to reason that Mike wanted Trey to push it and take some chances, or he would have called different plays rather than let Lance loose the game.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We don't know if Mike told him ahead of time to do his best and don't be afraid to take chances because the game is only for practice.
You would agree that if the game meant something that Trey would have been reigned in some as far as his passing goes. Would you not?
It only stands to reason that Mike wanted Trey to push it and take some chances, or he would have called different plays rather than let Lance loose the game.
He has played with SF , its his 4th year .

We've seen him , he is not a rookie . And what we saw today , SF saw also .

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak fans are so scared of Trey Lance that they can't wait to hover over the interceptions he threw in a preseason game,
Yet they blamed the defense for all of Dak's choking and interceptions in his playoff and big gamelosses for the past eight years.
:laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak fans are so scared of Trey Lance that they can't wait to hover over the interceptions he threw in a preseason game,
Yet they blamed the defense for all of Dak's choking and interceptions in his playoff and big gamelosses for the past eight years.
:laugh:
The point of moving on from Dak is to try and get better at the position.

Not worse.

Trey Lance being “not Dak” isn’t a good enough to reason to hand him the reigns of the team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am pretty sure any coach would tell every player, in any situation, in any game to do your best and don't play afraid.

Cmac

Reaction score
Too funny.....the guy tossed 5 ints against Amazon Drivers, UPS workers and warehouse workers next week.........and we're reading about Dak. SMH.

leeblair

Reaction score
The point of moving on from Dak is to try and get better at the position.

Not worse.

Trey Lance being “not Dak” isn’t a good enough to reason to hand him the reigns of the team.
At this point it can't get much worse.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Says the guy backing a quarterback who continues to be the reason the Cowboys underachieve.
I’ve actually said the cowboys should move on and draft a QB.

Im just not a sensationalist shill like you who is trying to make Lance seem like the next big thing when in reality his preseason has been mid….. at best.

leeblair

Reaction score
I’ve actually said the cowboys should move on and draft a QB.

Im just not a sensationalist shill like you who is trying to make Lance seem like the next big thing when in reality his preseason has been mid….. at best.
I see leadership in Trey Lance and abilities that can't be taught.
They only reveal themselves in certain people when they are trained and put in a situation in which that person has to decide who he, or she, is.
So, while you fret over interceptions in a preseason game, I am impressed with the talent and potential Trey Lance has that you obviously weren't looking at.
That's why I can say he is already better than Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I see leadership in Trey Lance and abilities that can't be taught.
They only reveal themselves in certain people when they are trained and put in a situation in which that person has to decide who he, or she, is.
So, while you fret over interceptions in a preseason game, I am impressed with the talent and potential Trey Lance has that you obviously weren't looking at.
That's why I can say he is already better than Dak.
You need to bring up the “abilities that can’t be taught, that only you can see”

Because the rest of us were watching a QB that had a mostly awful game at you know, playing quarterback.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

GM Jethro missed his mark.