Trey Lance last game action

plymkr

Reaction score
8 years with the same loser, heck I'd rather see a blind guy with no arms out there. It would be no difference, except the guy would have a real excuse.
Don’t underestimate blind guys. All their other senses are heightened to a super human level. And Dak played like he was blind. IDK maybe Dak was trying to use the force. Strong he is not in the force.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Ready to move on from Dak. Give the kid a chance. Nothing to lose other than regular season wins.
I agree. If Trey can do what he is doing in that preseason clip give the kid a chance. He can't do any damage really. I think we need a different look and maybe folks will not feel as safe if their star QB gets the axe. No one has the answers really but Jerry just do something!!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Maybe Lamb wants Trey Lance. He sees him every time in practice. He might do better then Dak.
You mean Lamb wants to replace Dak who helped him have a career year for a QB who he doesn't know how he will play vs the starters? Yeah I am sure Lamb is thinking that.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Oh, so now the Dolphins, Eagles, Rams and Lions were all sub 500...gotcha.
Dolphins are our AFC equivalent. They did the same thing as us! Beat up on crap teams! Eagles are trash, look at what they did after going 10-1. Rams hadn't even got it going yet when we played them. Lions is probably our only lone "good win" of the season. Dak is not the answer, take off your goggles and put down the koolaid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look I'm not even gonna read any of these responses and I hope some level headed people or Pooh poohing this idea look it's insane to think trade lands can even be anywhere close to as good as Prescott seriously I don't see how we could just have a conversation where Prescott put himself at least in consideration for MVP this year and you wanna do that was traded for a fourth round pick because his other team couldn't find a place for him even though everybody was getting injured over there they got rid of a guy they invested 3 first round picks in for a fourth you think that they thought he has any kind of talent at all they would have not kept him as a backup or project even long term??

Everybody somehow has selective memory or entire team played bad playing the quarterback you think the answers at quarterback a guy who was thrown away by his last team versus the guy who was just being discussed as a possible MVP candidate...

Cooper rush did not play that well during his little 5 game stretch where he went four and one everyone says he did no what happened was the team played great defense the offensive line played great they had a run game and the special teams are making special plays lots of people can win like that maybe even Trey Lance but where does that happen when Prescott's gotta do what he did in Seattle and a lot of games this year you guys are forgetting Prescott carried this team and I'm not saying he wasn't part of the blame for the playoffs but the defense was worse the run game was sad the offensive line once again was not physical enough lance was the dude that was let go by a team that offered three firsts for him and then took a fourth to get rid of the dude.....

This place is always insane with the overreactions and I get we're all blown away shocked we have PTSD we're upset but this is dumb you think there's gonna be any quarterback that you can draft or bring it in free agency that's better than Prescott so much more that we're gonna eat $30 million to cut a guy who was a MVP candidate for some unknowns So what we could take five giant steps back to make fans happy because they hate Prescott they couldn't wait for a loss the haters are back in full force,,,

why aren't there 42 threads with potential linebackers sucking and corners sucking and receivers not making any effort sucking and talking about all their future replacements because there's a lot of players and coaches that should be replaced that we're just judging them by the last game like 75% of the team... So no let's just talk about the quarterback that's the easy target the man who was an MVP candidate at least in consideration one of his best seasons yeah let's use the unproven guy that's what we should do and it's not a big money saving cap relief it's barely any savings at all first you've gotta eat the dead cap and then a couple years from now we're out from underneath it in the meantime I hope this fanbase gets what it wants get rid of Prescott get rid of all the coaches and then end up the next three years struggling to get to 8 wins just so you all could be happy...

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Look I'm not even gonna read any of these responses and I hope some level headed people or Pooh poohing this idea look it's insane to think trade lands can even be anywhere close to as good as Prescott seriously I don't see how we could just have a conversation where Prescott put himself at least in consideration for MVP this year and you wanna do that was traded for a fourth round pick because his other team couldn't find a place for him even though everybody was getting injured over there they got rid of a guy they invested 3 first round picks in for a fourth you think that they thought he has any kind of talent at all they would have not kept him as a backup or project even long term??

Everybody somehow has selective memory or entire team played bad playing the quarterback you think the answers at quarterback a guy who was thrown away by his last team versus the guy who was just being discussed as a possible MVP candidate...

Cooper rush did not play that well during his little 5 game stretch where he went four and one everyone says he did no what happened was the team played great defense the offensive line played great they had a run game and the special teams are making special plays lots of people can win like that maybe even Trey Lance but where does that happen when Prescott's gotta do what he did in Seattle and a lot of games this year you guys are forgetting Prescott carried this team and I'm not saying he wasn't part of the blame for the playoffs but the defense was worse the run game was sad the offensive line once again was not physical enough lance was the dude that was let go by a team that offered three firsts for him and then took a fourth to get rid of the dude.....

This place is always insane with the overreactions and I get we're all blown away shocked we have PTSD we're upset but this is dumb you think there's gonna be any quarterback that you can draft or bring it in free agency that's better than Prescott so much more that we're gonna eat $30 million to cut a guy who was a MVP candidate for some unknowns So what we could take five giant steps back to make fans happy because they hate Prescott they couldn't wait for a loss the haters are back in full force,,,

why aren't there 42 threads with potential linebackers sucking and corners sucking and receivers not making any effort sucking and talking about all their future replacements because there's a lot of players and coaches that should be replaced that we're just judging them by the last game like 75% of the team... So no let's just talk about the quarterback that's the easy target the man who was an MVP candidate at least in consideration one of his best seasons yeah let's use the unproven guy that's what we should do and it's not a big money saving cap relief it's barely any savings at all first you've gotta eat the dead cap and then a couple years from now we're out from underneath it in the meantime I hope this fanbase gets what it wants get rid of Prescott get rid of all the coaches and then end up the next three years struggling to get to 8 wins just so you all could be happy...
Have you ever noticed Dak got better under MM and MM might be the reason for Dak's All-Pro and Ceedee's All-Pro?

Maybe just maybe he is a QB Guru and has something he can do with Lance. We have a 1-2 read offense - very simplified. Dak should have been benched in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6. Get real, they had no shot to win the game with him on Sunday. Imagine how that makes your whole team feel? the WHOLE WORLD says Dak sucks. This year he proved it. It will take his whole extension and a SB win for him to get this dirt off his reputation.

I'm sorry man...he's in year 9. Guy has been figured out and is DONE. Maybe he goes to a team like DET and takes them to a playoff game, he damn sure won't win it for them - when have you seen him will us to playoff win solely on his own?

Steve007

Reaction score
This is a huge IF, but assuming Jerry does decide to clean house and get rid of Dak what realistically would a Trey Lance extension look like? Could Jerry lock him up for a 4/$50 type of deal? Would that be realistic for a guy on his second team and just got moved for a 4th round pick to be your starter?
The Cowboys have a 4th round pick as their starter now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is a huge IF, but assuming Jerry does decide to clean house and get rid of Dak what realistically would a Trey Lance extension look like? Could Jerry lock him up for a 4/$50 type of deal? Would that be realistic for a guy on his second team and just got moved for a 4th round pick to be your starter?
On what basis? What has Lance done to say he is worth 40 or 50?

robertfchew

Reaction score
You ok buddy?

Really upset huh?

Not sure if you are aware or not...Dak lead the league in Tds this year and was top 3 in int percentage.
And none of it matters cause he can’t do it when it counts. He’s proven that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't wait to see him in action in preseason!
Don't get too excited! If he was any good Shanahan wouldn't of traded him. Shanahan knows QBs and I trust him more than anyone in the Cowboys organization.
I don't think Lance is the answer and think the Cowboys were fleeced out of a 4th round pick.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You ok buddy?

Really upset huh?

Not sure if you are aware or not...Dak lead the league in Tds this year and was top 3 in int percentage.
Yes and I hope you enjoyed that GB game as much as I did. Looking back how about the Bills and 49ers game. That #1 offense really looked good.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Seems like a college style QB. I don't see it. Why do we insist on attempting to touch up with shinola and believe that does the job. Jerry uses the same philosophy for striking gold or an oil well as picking a QB. I'm not against a guy like Lance as a development project. But let's try our luck with a high draft pick also.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He’s got an arm and he’s accurate. But this kind of action against non-starters won’t determine whether he has “it” or not. There’s a need to see him with starters and see how quickly he can go through his reads and decisively make the accurate throw to the right receiver.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not getting any playing time bc Dak needs to play every minute to pad those stats.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed Dak got better under MM and MM might be the reason for Dak's All-Pro and Ceedee's All-Pro?

Maybe just maybe he is a QB Guru and has something he can do with Lance. We have a 1-2 read offense - very simplified. Dak should have been benched in the 2nd Quarter after the pick 6. Get real, they had no shot to win the game with him on Sunday. Imagine how that makes your whole team feel? the WHOLE WORLD says Dak sucks. This year he proved it. It will take his whole extension and a SB win for him to get this dirt off his reputation.

I'm sorry man...he's in year 9. Guy has been figured out and is DONE. Maybe he goes to a team like DET and takes them to a playoff game, he damn sure won't win it for them - when have you seen him will us to playoff win solely on his own?
That's what fans like you say and I say that I saw Prescott be rookie of the year I also saw Prescott have 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions after a broken ankle after he got paid in 2021 I watched him come back from a broken thumb and take our offense who by the way with Cooper rush was not very good everyone says we could win with him yeah if everything else was perfect but I saw Prescott take that offense to the highest scoring offense best red zone and 3rd down percentage in the league they were top three all of a sudden after being bottom 10 and now this year he has another great year that's another great year not a new thing..

So as much as I wanna give credit to Mike McCarthy it took him five games before he took the leash off the offense when he realized the defense was really bad but then again there were games that he went into that he looked like he was playing to not lose instead of playing to win including the Green Bay game which yes the defense was more to blame for most of our losses and I'm not upset Mike McCarthy still around but I'm just telling you right now you're giving too much credit to Mike McCarthy and not enough to dak Prescott and CD lamb they're just good and they will succeed with any coaches..