Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
ni8MlcH.jpg
yep the hate is bringing me to tears too. Why can't these guys hero-worship Trey like they do the dak.?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley: :muttley: :muttley:
Check out this tremendous touchdown throw by Lance

He was playing against camp bodies in the 2nd preseason game, but as you pointed out, he was also playing WITH the 49ers camp bodies...hmm
What does that tell you about what the 49ers thought of him ?..He is awful

Wonder why that doesn't apply to Darnold when Lance started? You have kind of a double standard.

The way you twist it, playing early in a preseason game and not putting up monster numbers is an indictment of Lance, but not with other QB's, and putting up big numbers playing late in a preseason game is still a negative to Lance, but not with other QB's.

Regardless, I already acknowledged that it appeared Lance had fallen at least somewhat out of favor by 2023, so you aren't actually arguing a point in contention. And I never have claimed Lance is or will be anything special. I merely questioned your claim that Lance played horribly in preseason. You made several claims that weren't true.

Bottom line for me is I'm not expecting great things from Lance, but I'm not closing the book on him either. Time will tell.

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s gotten much tougher to play QB in the NFL than during the 90s with all the passing and RBs being devalued. Look at Aikman’s numbers during the 90s. No QB could win with those numbers in today’s game. It’s all about the QB today.
Lol. It is all relative. The QBs playing today would not last 2 seasons back then

NotForLong

Reaction score
Disagree. Quarterbacks were pinpoint accurate back then because they had to learn to be in college, which ran very similar offenses to the NFL. Now it's spread, which is very hard to defend in college just because there isn't enough defensive secondary talent to go around. Guys are running wide open in college now; they weren't back then. So quarterbacks today aren't asked to read defenses and throw into tight coverage much.

Aikman, Moon, Kelly, Young, Farve, Cunningham, Elway, Marino, Simms, Brunell, Warner, Manning, Kosar, Montana, Testeverde, Gannon.......they were everywhere.

Now, it's Mahomes and Burrow, maybe a couple more, and that's it.
Preach

NotForLong

Reaction score
His low numbers mean he had the all-time leading rusher and a great defense. Everything revolved around Emmitt Smith. Aikman didn’t throw the ball near as much as our last two QBs. That’s not a knock on him. QB is harder to play today. It’s a passing league and no longer 4 yards and a cloud of dust.
Tell me you don't know 80s and 90s football without telling me you don't know anything about 80s and 90s football

Are you under the age of 25?

NotForLong

Reaction score
And defenses could blow up QB's with brutal hits without drawing penalty flags. The rules favor the offense drastically these days for sure.
Not to mention intentional grounding rules and there was no sliding to avoid a hit. How many times a game would a QB have to make a mad dash for the sidelines

These kids got it made now a days

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol. It is all relative. The QBs playing today would not last 2 seasons back then
You’re so WRONG! :rolleyes: The QBs today are much bigger and stronger than years ago. Most of them today are mobile and take huge hits running the football. Just because the rules protect QBs more doesn’t mean they aren’t as tough. lol The defensive players today are a lot bigger and faster than years ago. Roger Staubach was listed a 197 pounds. He would have been killed running the football today.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tell me you don't know 80s and 90s football without telling me you don't know anything about 80s and 90s football

I’ve been following the game since 1972. You’re claiming the QBs today wouldn’t have been able to hold up years ago. Lol

Chasing6

Reaction score

You mean like when the offensive lineman weighed 265 lbs instead of 330?

Do you mean like when DE's never came close to running a 4.4?

No reason at all to compare different generations.

Zero.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The QB today are scrawny or pumped up for the Olympics not natural strong nor can they take a hit because they are protected from it

You’re so WRONG! :rolleyes: The QBs today are much bigger and stronger than years ago. Most of them today are mobile and take huge hits running the football. Just because the rules protect QBs more doesn’t mean they aren’t as tough. lol The defensive players today are a lot bigger and faster than years ago. Roger Staubach was listed a 197 pounds. He would have been killed running the football today.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The QB today are scrawny or pumped up for the Olympics not natural strong nor can they take a hit because they are protected from it

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’ve been following the game since 1972. You’re claiming the QBs today wouldn’t have been able to hold up years ago. Lol
Wow . . . I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because I thought your youth was ghe cause of your ignorance . . . wow

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Totally disagree and we’ll leave it at that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow . . . I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because I thought your youth was ghe cause of your ignorance . . . wow
I see you’re back at it again with the insults. Not wasting anymore time with you.:thumbup: