Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

starfan1

Reaction score
I've always taken exception to this quote and here is why. There are several notable exceptions to the so called rule.

1) If I hit a brick wall with a pick ax in exactly the same spot with exactly the same force over and over I will eventually break through that brick wall.

2) If I aim enough water at a structure that structure will eventually collapse. It doesn't even have to be a powerful stream of water. It can just be enough to cause corrosion. Add in a little sea salt and the structure doesn't stand a chance. Eventually it WILL succumb.

All of this is to say that pecking away at a problem is a perfectly legitimate approach. Provided of course one has the time and patience to wait for the eventual outcome. The problem with most fans is lack that patience so we want immediate results and if we don't see them we attack the team, the front office or the players, the trainers, the team doctors even the cheerleaders for not giving us what we want.

I am in no way defending the Joneses or the Cowboys or Dak or anybody else on or associated with the team. Just trying to offer a little different perspective. I have been fortunate enough to seen all of the Cowboys' championship runs as well as the near misses. I gotta admit that these early playoff exits hurt way less than the Super Bowl or NFC Championship game losses. If we aint gonna win the damn thing then I think I'd rather we just give a good accounting of ourselves and bow out in the divisional round. I don't know that my heart could take another Super Bowl loss at my age!! To say nothing of a heartbreaking last minute NFC Championship game loss which sends one of our hated rivals to the Big Dance? No thank you..
prepare for incoming

Jimbo123

Reaction score
5 million to stay on the roster is nothing... Once Dak is gone after this year, pay Lance is 23 mil for his 5 year option and he can start until we find his replacement .It's better than paying 60 million for a QB that would be a backup for any other team...
$5M is a lot when you're a 3rd-string QB. They would be better off starting Rush for a year or two while they find a replacement. BTW, The Cowboys have 9 days to pick up Lance's 5th-year option.

starfan1

Reaction score
You really think it would have been a majority? I can't believe more than half our fans are that stupid..
never underestimate the stupidity of our fanbase at times. 28 year drought brings stupidity in the spotlight. have you been around since GB loss :laugh:

rojan

Reaction score
another example of Stephan bidding vs. himself, what a joke

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You really think it would have been a majority? I can't believe more than half our fans are that stupid..
No question a majority would have taken any one of them over Dak. We have the dumbest fan base in the league. Just look at all the Dak bashing we see on this board day after day. I remember all the posts from fans wishing we could trade up for one of those QBs. Some fans would still take Fields over Dak. I’ve seen the posts! Those QBs were looking real good to a lot of people including many experts when they were coming out of college. But after a few years in the NFL many wonder what anyone saw in them to draft them that high. At least one or two of the QBs that will go off the board in the top 10 on Thursday will end up just like those four QBs.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For all the many stupid trades the Jones dopes have made, I don't think this is one of them. Could they have gotten him for a 5 or 6? Maybe. But that is not a huge risk for the potential upside the kid has. Lets see this kid play one preseason before we declare it an abomination. Sending a top 10 receiver in his prime away for a $&$ 5th rd pick was an abomination.
what upside if I may ask? or is that just a fantasy of this kid having an upside?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I've always taken exception to this quote and here is why. There are several notable exceptions to the so called rule.

1) If I hit a brick wall with a pick ax in exactly the same spot with exactly the same force over and over I will eventually break through that brick wall.

2) If I aim enough water at a structure that structure will eventually collapse. It doesn't even have to be a powerful stream of water. It can just be enough to cause corrosion. Add in a little sea salt and the structure doesn't stand a chance. Eventually it WILL succumb.

All of this is to say that pecking away at a problem is a perfectly legitimate approach. Provided of course one has the time and patience to wait for the eventual outcome. The problem with most fans is lack that patience so we want immediate results and if we don't see them we attack the team, the front office or the players, the trainers, the team doctors even the cheerleaders for not giving us what we want.

I am in no way defending the Joneses or the Cowboys or Dak or anybody else on or associated with the team. Just trying to offer a little different perspective. I have been fortunate enough to seen all of the Cowboys' championship runs as well as the near misses. I gotta admit that these early playoff exits hurt way less than the Super Bowl or NFC Championship game losses. If we aint gonna win the damn thing then I think I'd rather we just give a good accounting of ourselves and bow out in the divisional round. I don't know that my heart could take another Super Bowl loss at my age!! To say nothing of a heartbreaking last minute NFC Championship game loss which sends one of our hated rivals to the Big Dance? No thank you..
Lol...

Then there's this.

What is Thomas Edison's famous quote about the light bulb?
When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It doesn’t exist. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Cowboys have kept quiet on how Lance is progressing until recently when Stephen Jones made a “nothing to write home about” positive comment about it. A thread here mentioned it.

Dunno why this is a big deal. Out of all the QBs listed Lance has the biggest upside. Also, a 4th round pick is pittance compared to what the 49ers gave up, but no one keeps berating them about it.
Truth

DuncanIso

Reaction score
$5M is a lot when you're a 3rd-string QB. They would be better off starting Rush for a year or two while they find a replacement. BTW, The Cowboys have 9 days to pick up Lance's 5th-year option.
Why you think Dallas is willing to pay Lance that much money?

#Phenom

Mikexike

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

Watch him get his chance and be the best of the bunch. :thumbup:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No question a majority would have taken any one of them over Dak. We have the dumbest fan base in the league. Just look at all the Dak bashing we see on this board day after day. I remember all the posts from fans wishing we could trade up for one of those QBs. Some fans would still take Fields over Dak. I’ve seen the posts! Those QBs were looking real good to a lot of people including many experts when they were coming out of college. But after a few years in tbe NFL many wonder what anyone saw in them to draft them that high. At least one or two of the QBs that go off the board in the top 10 on Thursday will end up just like those four QBs.
Yeah, you said "after a few years" many wonder...

Dak has been here for more than "a few years" and what do we have to show for it? Eight friggen years and his fans want more of him? Yeah, we do have some dumb fans for sure.

Mikexike

Reaction score
They went all in last year

Cooks Gilmore and Lance

Mazi and Vander Esche were supposed to stuff the run. Both were injured

Schoonmaker was going to team up with Martin and Steele on the right side and blow open some big running lanes. Steele and Schoonmaker were injured.

Diggs Gilmore and Bland were going to shut down the passing games. Diggs was injured

Overshown was to breathe new life into the line backing core. He was injured.

Lamb. Cooks and Gallup were to light it up. Gallup was a shell of himself.

Even brought in a backup in case Dak missed time

Was a decent plan. Didn’t work.
All the context you need, Yet the same people wants to blame EVERYONE other than the actual problem.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what upside if I may ask? or is that just a fantasy of this kid having an upside?
The upside of being thought of as a 1st or 2nd rd pick by the entire league. And a top 3 pick by the supposed genius in SF. Having a huge arm, can run. Was great in his limited college career. This seems like upside to me.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
9324971ff8c87c61462c83114007f390.jpg