Trey Lance vs NYG

jwitten82

Reaction score
These next 3 games we are winning big, it's the best time if they want to give him some playing time. I honestly don't care if he does play, he's a bust, if you can't look good in the 49ers offense and get beat out by Sam Darnold then that says a lot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any chance he is made active and not just the 3rd emergency QB vs NYG?
source.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any chance he is made active and not just the 3rd emergency QB vs NYG? My thinking is if we get far ahead we get some actual game action from him.
It is exceedingly unlikely any emergency quarterback would get any playing time if he were activated for a game. The backup quarterback might get the opportunity but not the guy backing him up.

Of course, Lance would get an opportunity if he were active and both Prescott and Rush were injured during the game. The in-game situation for Dallas would then be an emergency.

I doubt teams will be any less cautious using their third string quarterbacks nowadays. Although it is just a couple of instances, examples, like San Francisco ending up with Scott Purdy last season and New York winding up with Tommy Devito this season, demonstrate just how costly depth can be for any team's most valuable position.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You’d probably do more harm than good having him play before he’s ready.
Doubtful - you could easily script some plays he would be comfortable with and not have to make many reads. I would never make him #2 but would consider making him active at the expense of a special teamer just to get him some time, but not for more than a couple series.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That would actually be fun to watch, at least it would be interesting. If we are blowing them out let Lance cook a nice 4th quarter supper.
Too much politics at play.

It would disrespect Rush.

Also, Dak would be butt hurt.

Flamma

Reaction score
That would actually be fun to watch, at least it would be interesting. If we are blowing them out let Lance cook a nice 4th quarter supper.
I think we know what the problem with that would be, right? For example, if Dallas is up 35-3 going into the 4th, what do you expect the Cowboys to do? They're just going to run the ball, and the clock out.

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any chance he is made active and not just the 3rd emergency QB vs NYG? My thinking is if we get far ahead we get some actual game action from him.
He won’t be seeing the field unless we have a package for him as a situational QB. Cooper Rush is our backup QB. He’ll be getting the reps if we have the game wrapped up.

mardwin

Reaction score
These next 3 games we are winning big, it's the best time if they want to give him some playing time. I honestly don't care if he does play, he's a bust, if you can't look good in the 49ers offense and get beat out by Sam Darnold then that says a lot.
The earliest we see Trey Lance on the field would be against the Commanders in January. Assuming either Philly or Dallas wins the division and home-field advantage is not in play.

Praxit

Reaction score
....you wont see Trey, till camp of 24'. If he doesn't get shafted, after season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Barring in jury Lance will not play a down this year.