Trey Lance vs NYG

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The earliest we see Trey Lance on the field would be against the Commanders in January. Assuming either Philly or Dallas wins the division and home-field advantage is not in play.
If you read their forums.....the concensus from their fan base is that he isn't a bust and actually out performed darnold in camp, contrary to the way the media portrayed him. The reason he was traded was that he fell out of favor with some coaches. Apparently he was a lynch pick and not a Shanahan guy.
Their fan forums are pointless. I live in Northern California. 49ers country. 49ers fans think anyone who takes a snap from center for the Niners in a regular season or playoff game is an automatic for the Hall of Fame. The jury on Lance will be out until he’s actually playing for an NFL team. I doubt that will ever be for the Cowboys, it any team at all.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
There will never be a QB controversy in Dallas because that would make our starting QB nervous. Look what happened in 2016, Romo should have come in late in the season to take over. How do you allow a rookie 4th round pick to drive your 1st round bye team to the superbowl over a much better veteran QB? IMO 2016 was the true shot at the super bowl for this team but Jerry's ego blew it. He thought his shiny new toy would take him to the superbowl instead of playing what was proven.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why don’t they just let the third guy be active? Per league rule I mean….a team can decide to do that but has to dress one less other player.

As important as QBs are to the league, why not allow teams to use a developmental guy in a blowout if they choose?

Dress three QBs, all can play unrestricted. Where’s the issue?

Doesn’t cost the owners anything, QB3 is still getting a game check.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why don’t they just let the third guy be active? Per league rule I mean….a team can decide to do that but has to dress one less other player.

As important as QBs are to the league, why not allow teams to use a developmental guy in a blowout if they choose?

Dress three QBs, all can play unrestricted. Where’s the issue?

Doesn’t cost the owners anything, QB3 is still getting a game check.
You can dress 48 players. No rule on how many can play quarterback. If the Cowboys wanted to use Lance sans any injury to Prescott and Rush, they can do it. Just put him on the 48 man game roster. Not dressing another position player is not insignificant, particularly just to horse around sticking a guy in for garbage time. Lance can’t do much, but I’m sure he already knows how to properly hand off the ball to a running back.

plymkr

Reaction score
Any chance he is made active and not just the 3rd emergency QB vs NYG? My thinking is if we get far ahead we get some actual game action from him.
I would love that idea. Let’s see what he can do. I think the defense can handle Devito.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You can dress 48 players. No rule on how many can play quarterback. If the Cowboys wanted to use Lance sans any injury to Prescott and Rush, they can do it. Just put him on the 48 man game roster. Not dressing another position player is not insignificant, particularly just to horse around sticking a guy in for garbage time. Lance can’t do much, but I’m sure he already knows how to properly hand off the ball to a running back.
I get it, just asking what the issue would be with dressing 49 but three have to be QBs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No way Lance gets in a game even in mop up duty until he supplants Rush as the #2. You just cannot do that.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
Doubtful - you could easily script some plays he would be comfortable with and not have to make many reads. I would never make him #2 but would consider making him active at the expense of a special teamer just to get him some time, but not for more than a couple series.
If Dobbs gets traded to a team and plays that well that same week anything is possible.ThePasstranaut.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
gotta pad those stats for number 4

zero chance Trey sees the field

RonWashington

Reaction score
To be honest why not some Wildcat formations in the red zone have both of them on the field . Get Turpin in motion . Create fellas create some misdirection .

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lance will be requesting a trade as soon as Dak get his extension.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It would set off a nightmare scenario if Dallas rested Dak to start, or even play, Trey Lance. This place would be on fire...lol

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
There will never be a QB controversy in Dallas because that would make our starting QB nervous. Look what happened in 2016, Romo should have come in late in the season to take over. How do you allow a rookie 4th round pick to drive your 1st round bye team to the superbowl over a much better veteran QB? IMO 2016 was the true shot at the super bowl for this team but Jerry's ego blew it. He thought his shiny new toy would take him to the superbowl instead of playing what was proven.
He was born nervous.As for Trey he is not that good

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It would scare me if he plays well and everyone starts calling for him. My stomach hurts thinking about the controversy if he did. I hope Jerry trades him. I'm scared.