Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My brother used to live about 5 blocks from Obamas house in Chicago, he always knew when the President was home with all the helicopters and security detail. He said it was cool at first, but got old real quick.
It really does. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten caught by a presidential motorcade when I first moved to this part of Houston. I've learned that when they say the Pres is in town to avoid going anywhere he's supposed to be. This time irked me, because I was trying to get home quickly and almost hit the motorcycle when it pulled right in front of me.

A-nnoy-ing!

diefree666

Reaction score
Speaking of... I got caught by the presidential motorcade heading to that exact church when I went to pick up pizza. I was just about to make a U-turn when a motorcycle cop rolled up right in front of my truck. So I had to sit a good 15 mins while the convoy passed. My neighborhood FB page like many places had mixed opinions that he was all up in our neighborhood after the church visit.

I personally was annoyed at the inconvenience, but you get used to it when you live that close to Ellington Field.

A president really can't win in a situation like that. IF he does not go saying the area needs to put all its resources into rebuilding; then he is accused of not caring. Then when he goes the same idiots that would peck at him about not going now complain that it takes resources from necessary work.