Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These insurance agents are working fast out here. They already came out to look at the car and house is scheduled for tomorrow :thumbup:
Adjusters.....not agents :)

I'm in that field and here working it right now. FYI - I've worked IKE, RITA, and KATRINA and the year Florida was hit w/ 4 and this one has been worse than all of those. The fact that is just sat has created far more damage than those storms.

kimrose

Reaction score

I'm in that field and here working it right now. FYI - I've worked IKE, RITA, and KATRINA and the year Florida was hit w/ 4 and this one has been worse than all of those. The fact that is just sat has created far more damage than those storms.

Wow, you have a tough job, sir. My hat is off to you.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yea, I meant everyone from the agents to adjustors, they seem on top of things.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, you have a tough job, sir. My hat is off to you.
Thanks...not a lot of people say that too often. Insurance companies overall get a pretty bad rep, when really it's the attorney's that sue us that should be exposed. I really wish majority of people understood what attorney's are doing to the insurance companies around the state.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The gulf waters cooled off since Harvey made it's long, slow path in. I can't see how it hits a 5.

I agree if it is headed to Texas it won't have the warm water fuel to hit Cat 5. If it hits elsewhere in the gulf it could possibly become a Cat 5. Whether it grows larger or diminishes to a Tropical Depression, we really don't need it. Hopefully it veers out into the North Atlantic and avoids everyone.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks...not a lot of people say that too often. Insurance companies overall get a pretty bad rep, when really it's the attorney's that sue us that should be exposed. I really wish majority of people understood what attorney's are doing to the insurance companies around the state.
I was hit by Dolly in 2008, my adjuster was prompt and courteous. Salud to you and take care of those people. You have a tough job.

kimrose

Reaction score

Lawyers have a worse reputation than insurance adjusters, really. Until someone needs one of you. Then you are their best friend, if you (the lawyer) or you (the insurance company) does them right. ;)

I understand insurance adjusters because you are just doing your job, that you need to feed your family. You do not own the company, and you do not make the rules. And when the rules change, you did not change them. You are me with a different job. Bless you, sir. <3

kimrose

Reaction score
My yard is full of river water, folks. It is 11:23pm. I have no idea what the morning is going to bring. My neighbor's yard is already flooded, even worse than it was when the sun went down. I love all of yall. We will live, it won't be that bad, but it may be that our house gets full of water. I really don't know at this point, so many people in our little area, including dear friends, have already lost everything. But if you don't see me or Lane posting the next few days, you know why. We'll be back asap, if we get water. If we don't, we'll be back tomorrow. Go Cowboys! :)
:starspin:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My yard is full of river water, folks. It is 11:23pm. I have no idea what the morning is going to bring. My neighbor's yard is already flooded, even worse than it was when the sun went down. I love all of yall. We will live, it won't be that bad, but it may be that our house gets full of water. I really don't know at this point, so many people in our little area, including dear friends, have already lost everything. But if you don't see me or Lane posting the next few days, you know why. We'll be back asap, if we get water. If we don't, we'll be back tomorrow. Go Cowboys! :)

Is the backwas from the reservoirs and drainage now threatening your area?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lawyers have a worse reputation than insurance adjusters, really. Until someone needs one of you. Then you are their best friend, if your company does them right. ;)

I understand insurance adjusters because you are just doing your job, that you need to feed your family. You do not own the company, and you do not make the rules. And when the rules change, you did not change them. You are me with a different job. Bless you, sir. <3

If the public only knew what attorneys are doing in regards to insurance claims. They tell you they care about you and the damages your big bad insurance company didn't pay you. It has nothing to do with that, it's all about attorney fees they stick to the insurance companies if we are found to miss $50.00 of a claim. They take in thousands, you recoup 50.00. Your insurance rates go up, attorneys make money hand over fist.

Want to know why deductibles are 1%, why rates keep going up, why items keep getting excluded. It's not because insurance companies are banking.....see who is making the money and who is losing it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good luck and stay safe!

kimrose

Reaction score
Is the backwas from the reservoirs and drainage now threatening your area?

It is the river water that is rolling down from the north, because of all of the bayous and reservoirs that filled the rivers with their raining flood waters that flowed into the rivers, so yes. It has been rolling down and flooding everyone just below Houston that we have seen on the news. The water rescues from houses and trees and vehicles....it is here now. We had a man that had to be rescued from his truck today in the middle of Highway 35! :eek:

And it is nasty water, too. It stinks like sewer and death and mold and funk. And it has a weird sheen in it, like oil or something, and it is covered in some type of I don't know what....mosquito eggs or mold or something?? I have been through several floods in my life, but I have never seen any water as nasty as this! We won't even let our pets out, because we are afraid it will kill them! It is horrible!! We are really actually kind of freaking out right now, it is so close to our house, and already almost IN our neighbor's house. :(

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is the river water that is rolling down from the north, because of all of the bayous and reservoirs that filled the rivers with their raining flood waters that flowed into the rivers, so yes. It has been rolling down and flooding everyone just below Houston that we have seen on the news. The water rescues from houses and trees and vehicles....it is here now. We had a man that had to be rescued from his truck today in the middle of Highway 35! :eek:

And it is nasty water, too. It stinks like sewer and death and mold and funk. And it has a weird sheen in it, like oil or something, and it is covered in some type of I don't know what....mosquito eggs or mold or something?? I have been through several floods in my life, but I have never seen any water as nasty as this! We won't even let our pets out, because we are afraid it will kill them! It is horrible!! We are really actually kind of freaking out right now, it is so close to our house, and already almost IN our neighbor's house. :(

Dang, not sure what kind of advice to give. Sounds like yall can't get out either. Lets hope it doesn't go inside. Get your stuff on top of things and be prepared :(

I am sure you have prepared already though, sucks just sitting there and waiting.....

a.stovall2

Reaction score
Yep I'm in Beaumont. Got lucky though. No flooding. Most people lost their houses in the golden triangle and surrounding areas. Terrible
Yeah, looks to be bad rain wise. I'm just north of Beaumont, luckily no flood threat in my neighborhood, but a lot of folks are with amount of rain they're talking about.
I just hope no power outage, that crap sucks.