Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

haleyrules

Reaction score
It is the river water that is rolling down from the north, because of all of the bayous and reservoirs that filled the rivers with their raining flood waters that flowed into the rivers, so yes. It has been rolling down and flooding everyone just below Houston that we have seen on the news. The water rescues from houses and trees and vehicles....it is here now. We had a man that had to be rescued from his truck today in the middle of Highway 35! :eek:

And it is nasty water, too. It stinks like sewer and death and mold and funk. And it has a weird sheen in it, like oil or something, and it is covered in some type of I don't know what....mosquito eggs or mold or something?? I have been through several floods in my life, but I have never seen any water as nasty as this! We won't even let our pets out, because we are afraid it will kill them! It is horrible!! We are really actually kind of freaking out right now, it is so close to our house, and already almost IN our neighbor's house. :(
That sounds terrible. Hope you have sufficient supplies to see you thru this mess.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My yard is full of river water, folks. It is 11:23pm. I have no idea what the morning is going to bring. My neighbor's yard is already flooded, even worse than it was when the sun went down. I love all of yall. We will live, it won't be that bad, but it may be that our house gets full of water. I really don't know at this point, so many people in our little area, including dear friends, have already lost everything. But if you don't see me or Lane posting the next few days, you know why. We'll be back asap, if we get water. If we don't, we'll be back tomorrow. Go Cowboys! :)
:starspin:
Good luck today. We all wish you the best.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Irma is going to mess some folks up somewhere on the east coast. I hope you folks are getting ready for it and don't wait till the last second to take action. You have the advantage of time that us folks in Texas did not. Please don't be stupid.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Irma is going to mess some folks up somewhere on the east coast. I hope you folks are getting ready for it and don't wait till the last second to take action. You have the advantage of time that us folks in Texas did not. Please don't be stupid.

I am still predicting Florida but as high as Carolina. I don't think it will be a 4 or 5, the Atlantic isn't as warm.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Had a very long but productive day today. Started off by helping friends rip out their walls this morning and misc. cleanup. Then we went over to Pearland to help package up supplies for those in need partially sponsored by Texas Childrens and various other organizations.

And what do you know........the President stops by! I got to shake his hand(2nd POTUS that I got the honor of with Bush Sr as the other). I think he stayed there about 30 minutes helping out.

We went on to take the in-laws into one of the few dealerships open to help them get a new(used) truck. They own a business in which a truck is needed and they lost all 3 of their vehicles.

Earlier than morning I bought Mets-Astros tickets for the night game but by the time we needed to head out, we were way too tired :(

I gave the tickets away to a total stranger who was not even a Mets fan! Oh well, hope they enjoyed it.

All in all, it was a good day and we were not the only ones out there helping out! Houston will recover as everyone is pitching in :thumbup:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had a very long but productive day today. Started off by helping friends rip out their walls this morning and misc. cleanup. Then we went over to Pearland to help package up supplies for those in need partially sponsored by Texas Childrens and various other organizations.

And what do you know........the President stops by! I got to shake his hand(2nd POTUS that I got the honor of with Bush Sr as the other). I think he stayed there about 30 minutes helping out.

We went on to take the in-laws into one of the few dealerships open to help them get a new(used) truck. They own a business in which a truck is needed and they lost all 3 of their vehicles.

Earlier than morning I bought Mets-Astros tickets for the night game but by the time we needed to head out, we were way too tired :(

I gave the tickets away to a total stranger who was not even a Mets fan! Oh well, hope they enjoyed it.

All in all, it was a good day and we were not the only ones out there helping out! Houston will recover as everyone is pitching in :thumbup:
Awesome. Salud, bro!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Awesome sauce, shaking the President's hand. It's good to see him helping out. Did you see the First Lady too? :thumbup:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's okay, just laying eyes on her would be thrill enough for me. I think she is a classy lady that didn't have to go with her hubby to Texas. I don't remember other First Lady's going to disaster area's with their President husband to help out.
She went with him, because she doesn't trust him. Lol, just kidding. They looked very genuine as they mingled with some of the victims. Good for them.

paladin

Reaction score

You are a very good man, the world is a better place because you are here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Speaking of... I got caught by the presidential motorcade heading to that exact church when I went to pick up pizza. I was just about to make a U-turn when a motorcycle cop rolled up right in front of my truck. So I had to sit a good 15 mins while the convoy passed. My neighborhood FB page like many places had mixed opinions that he was all up in our neighborhood after the church visit.

I personally was annoyed at the inconvenience, but you get used to it when you live that close to Ellington Field.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, Irma is turning into quite a beast. Hopefully the islands don't get too much damage (Wishful thinking) and Florida and the east coast doesn't get hit too hard.

Heck of a season, and we just got to the second half. Hopefully this is it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of... I got caught by the presidential motorcade heading to that exact church when I went to pick up pizza. I was just about to make a U-turn when a motorcycle cop rolled up right in front of my truck. So I had to sit a good 15 mins while the convoy passed. My neighborhood FB page like many places had mixed opinions that he was all up in our neighborhood after the church visit.

I personally was annoyed at the inconvenience, but you get used to it when you live that close to Ellington Field.
My brother used to live about 5 blocks from Obamas house in Chicago, he always knew when the President was home with all the helicopters and security detail. He said it was cool at first, but got old real quick.