Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm in San Antonio and a couple of local weathermen are worried that after it hits land that it may stall and stay hovering around the Victoria area for a day or so due to the high pressure system, kinda holding it in place. If that happens it will be so much worse for the entire area since it will have a never ending supply of water from the Gulf. The forecast here in SA is for anywhere from 7"-20" :eek:

kimrose

Reaction score
The rain bands have started to come inland already. Gulp. Wasn't supposed to start so soon. It has been pouring hard with thunder and lightening for almost an hour now. And we've only just begun. Good luck to everyone involved in Hurricane Harvey. Stay safe and dry, please don't drive if you don't have to.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The rain bands have started to come inland already. Gulp. Wasn't supposed to start so soon. It has been pouring hard with thunder and lightening for almost an hour now. And we've only just begun. Good luck to everyone involved in Hurricane Harvey. Stay safe and dry, please don't drive if you don't have to.
We had a big lightning strike yesterday afternoon and lost power for about 3 hours and I was thinking, "Really? This is already happening?" This is gonna be a long weekend for alotta people. Be careful and stay dry!

John813

Reaction score
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...39e9b1bb0aa15772f5382430ef584a55d216b7355.gif

Eye could be getting bigger.

https://dsx.weather.com/util/image/...=366&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0

Potential Rainfall through wednesday

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...085b9be32347bc64fabba9bf847126c954f4499bb.png

18 hours from now, possibly still not even on shore.

Pressure has dropped to 950mb. Cat 4 is definitely not out of the question. Add in the stalling, we may see a decent amount of lost life in those coastal areas.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Hope you and your family are ok.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well guys, this will be my last post for a few days...

I'm part of the hurricane ride out crew for Citgo here in Corpus Christi. I'll be fighting to keep catastrophy from happening at their plant, which has docks in the surge area of the storm. We will be fighting to keep explosions and real disaster from expanding via the plant. We'll give it our all!

Our love with all of you...

erod

Reaction score
Yep, they're talking 35 inches of rain on parts of the coast, and 20+ on a huge swath of it.

We just had a 3.8 earthquake in Irving and North Dallas apparently. It's all over Twitter.

When was the last time Texas had an earthquake, a hurricane, and a solar eclipse in the same week?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, they're talking 35 inches of rain on parts of the coast, and 20+ on a huge swath of it.

We just had a 3.8 earthquake in Irving and North Dallas apparently. It's all over Twitter.

When was the last time Texas had an earthquake, a hurricane, and a solar eclipse in the same week?

Didn't hear about this, I am in Euless, didn't feel anything or hear about it. but I don't do twitter either.

the last time this happened, was when Hurricane Goodell hit the DFW area with a Quake eclipsing Zeke and Cowboys Nation.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well guys, this will be my last post for a few days...

I'm part of the hurricane ride out crew for Citgo here in Corpus Christi. I'll be fighting to keep catastrophy from happening at their plant, which has docks in the surge area of the storm. We will be fighting to keep explosions and real disaster from expanding via the plant. We'll give it our all!

Our love with all of you...
Good luck and God bless!

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

Is this next?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgIAAAAJGM1YjE2ZTAyLTMwNTUtNGUzZC1hMTU0LWI0NjliMGMzOWZiMA.jpg

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We're suppose to get up to 50 MPH winds and up to 20 inches of rain here in San Antonio, depending on what forecaster you watch. We're stocked up and ready, even bought an HD antennae in case Direct TV goes out...... you know it will.