Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

kimrose

Reaction score
Channel 2, I forgot the weatherman's name. Then he predicted 30-40+

Hmmm. I wonder if it was Frank Billingsley. He's the only weather man I know over there, I usually watch 13. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that much, except for them pulling us out of the worst case rain scenario now. I hope they didn't do that prematurely.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, RGV! What weatherman was this and channel?? Lane's got it on the filthy eagles game, so I can't stay up to the minute anymore, unless I want to live in the bedroom tonight, which I don't. lol. I did just run back there to see the new update on weather channel, and it's still at 85mph, but it is now going NW and not NNW. They also took us here in Brazoria County out of the worst rain total area!

Mandatory evacuation for coastal regions in brazoria county per channel 2

kimrose

Reaction score
Mandatory evacuation for coastal regions in brazoria county per channel 2

Yes, I did hear this. Luckily we are not on the coast. But our town has been phoning in updates for everyone twice a day, and the one we got at 6pm said that when the winds reach over 40mph, no emergency services will be operating and will not come to help, but the hospital will remain open. That is kind of scary and final sounding. Like a door being slammed in your face. Gulp! :(

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Yes, I did hear this. Luckily we are not on the coast. But our town has been phoning in updates for everyone twice a day, and the one we got at 6pm said that when the winds reach over 40mph, no emergency services will be operating and will not come to help, but the hospital will remain open. That is kind of scary and final sounding. Like a door being slammed in your face. Gulp! :(

whoa that's cold

diefree666

Reaction score

ambulances and fire trucks are tall boxy vehicles. Add the wet conditions to 40+ mph winds and there you have it.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Well if it's going 70 miles or so north of Corpus for it's landfall, it's gonna have to make a REAL SHARP turn to the North soon....

6fe6fe585480733.jpg

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Latest update: 100 mph winds, a cat 2. It is still headed towards Corpus, slightly North a bit. The pressure dropped some more which means intensifying.