Twitter: Troubling MM response to the D's performance

John813

Reaction score
Only thing I care about is in the offseason and Nolan is shown the door. If not, then to me it's clear MM rather take of his buddies than want to win

Brax

Reaction score
I listened to his presser. He also said its the players are not executing and hes not ready to admit/blame the scheme.

With that said, Nolan has to go. I dont want him here with influence on the type of players we bring in.
12 Days to prep and this was one of the worse coached games I have ever seen, Campo would of done better.
D is a laughing stock with Ravens yelling easy money, how embarrassing. When Rod's D looks like the 85 Bears in comparison you know there is major problems and it just shows MM football IQ when he makes a statement like he did.
ST 3 missed FG's, top notch.
TD 's dropped 1
Points lost 16
MM , KM, MN and bone head should all be gone at some point, at this juncture of the season there just isn't any excuses for this type of play.
Jerry really screwed up on this hire. I was for giving MM and staff (less MN) a pass but after last night Jerry needs to make a statement and start chopping but his ego just will not let this happen.
Because this team needs so much help, what is Jerry going to do, the usual make a splash with the high $$$ Dak signing and tell everyone how great the team is and every thing is in place and they are Super bowl bound in 2021. More mediocracy for a few more years is ready to happen. Heck some idiots want the first round pick used on a O-Lineman to help Stats out. Jerrys ego has screwed this team for over for 25 years and nothing is changing anytime soon.

aria

Reaction score
I've been one of his strongest supporters, still is but this comment makes no sense at all. Excuses, excuses, excuses .......c'mon Mike. You had nearly 2 weeks to get ready for a one-dimensional QB and this is how you respond?

Sounds like most of the posters here, excuse after excuse. Jerry believes it too and coddles his “investment” players. There’s zero accountability which is why this team has sucked for so long.

Roland

Reaction score
Why will it cost us over the next few years?
Why will it cost us over the next few years?
Maybe because he more than likely will get another year due to all of the crazy variables this year. Or because our F.O. is usually slow to respond/react. We can see it isn't working but with our F. O. it may take 2 or 3 seasons to before any action is taken.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I listened to his presser. He also said its the players are not executing and hes not ready to admit/blame the scheme.

With that said, Nolan has to go. I dont want him here with influence on the type of players we bring in.
Dead last in every single defensive category. If Nolan is here next year. I really don’t know

Majic

Reaction score
Maybe because he more than likely will get another year due to all of the crazy variables this year. Or because our F.O. is usually slow to respond/react. We can see it isn't working but with our F. O. it may take 2 or 3 seasons to before any action is taken.

If he's given another year and this level of performance continues I can't see how he wouldn't be fired. If he is given another year with a clean slate to rebuild this DEF (which I think he should) why will, that cost us. If it is because you think he is not able to scout players to rebuild that is not his job, although he would be involved

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJ needs to admit he made a mistake with MM. Yes there are a lot of injuries but I see a ton of coaching issues. I would do a total house cleaning with this staff!
That isn't going to happen. A few changes need to be made. But McCarthy didn't get a chance this year. It's clear that having no off season put them behind the 8 ball. When the injury bug hit, that killed them.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been one of his strongest supporters, still is but this comment makes no sense at all. Excuses, excuses, excuses .......c'mon Mike. You had nearly 2 weeks to get ready for a one-dimensional QB and this is how you respond?

Mike, was sitting at home bored, and thought to himself, "How can I get my hands on some quick cash?" Heeeeere's Jerry! This guy is not interested in coaching.

ondaedg

Reaction score
agree.

also, looking back, it was a mistake to let Jason go.

No it wasn’t. You can’t win big games when your coach loses the Xs and Os battle 75% of the time. He will never be the guy that wins the Sunday coaching battle which puts way too much pressure on the player’s performance.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
That isn't going to happen. A few changes need to be made. But McCarthy didn't get a chance this year. It's clear that having no off season put them behind the 8 ball. When the injury bug hit, that killed them.
I know it isn’t gonna happen but my opinion is it should happen. Green Bay has been much better since firing him.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

Why one is the scapegoat? let them all go

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

That's why they have this thing called film, coach.

See, you can actually get this film, play it. See what they are trying to do and then, you in return, finds strategies or ways to stop it. Like having your moronic defensive players learn to fill gaps. And, coach/teach them to understand where their gap responsibilities.

My lord. I thought I was over hating a coaching staff so much after the red headed guy was gone. NOPE. I think I hate this coaching staff even more. Only took less than a season.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not sure what you want him to say. Most of the players have been here and you can blame the scheme all your want but these players are the common denominator here and there is only so much you can gamble by taking bad players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are no physical players on our defense, no leaders, no high iq players(other than lee).....its a farce.
You guys like to give Lee this claim of being a high IQ guy but he’s goofing up like everyone else just doesn’t get enough snaps to notice.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
JJ needs to admit he made a mistake with MM. Yes there are a lot of injuries but I see a ton of coaching issues. I would do a total house cleaning with this staff!
Yes, I agree. Alot of injuries yes, but not as many on defense. Losing your QB , probowl tackles and guard is a legit hampering to the offense. But losing Diggs, Hill doesn't excuse why the run can't be stopped. They are good but not great. When that mofo on Baltimore said "easy money" that ALONE is on the players. If a rookie CB is getting eaten up by a WR, sure that's easy money. If a shifty RB is in space against a LB I can see that being easy money possibly. But a gut run against a Goal Line defense where the running back never even hit ground? That's easy money? Yeah, heads need to roll. I don't blame nolan for everything but I do want him gone alone with , Jaylon and x.woods.

MMObserver

Reaction score
Last night was not an anomaly.

Big Mac coached teams have a long tradition of offering up little to no resistance to running QBs (and making no adjustments for them).

For example, who can forget Big Mac practically making Colin Kaepernick's career by allowing him to run for 181 yards (and pass for 263 yards) and to account for 4 TDs in a 2013 playoff blowout loss to the 49ers (45-31).

What might be worrisome for Cowboys fans is that after soon to be hall of fame DB Charles Woodson criticized Big Mac's overmatched defensive coordinator Dom Capers' scheme after the loss to Kap and the Niners, Woodson was quickly let go and Capers continued to coordinate Big Mac's D (poorly) for 5 more years.