Twitter: Troubling MM response to the D's performance

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'll keep repeating. McCarthy is a POS and no different than Garrett if Nolan isnt gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
I listened to his presser. He also said its the players are not executing and hes not ready to admit/blame the scheme.

With that said, Nolan has to go. I dont want him here with influence on the type of players we bring in.

and once McCarthy fires Nolan ...and he'd then turn around and hire his buddy long time buddy and vastly declined Dom Capers. :(

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That isn't going to happen. A few changes need to be made. But McCarthy didn't get a chance this year. It's clear that having no off season put them behind the 8 ball. When the injury bug hit, that killed them.

While I generally agree that the no offseason really hurt the coaching staff, I keep asking how McCarthy was smart enough to keep the offense much the same but try to overhaul the defense over Zoom calls.. He has to take some of the blame for that. No this defense was not great last year but it was a damn sight better than anything we've seen this year. That falls squarely on Nolan and his hire falls squarely on McCarthy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree, that is just excuse making for mediocre talent and not much better coaching. But it is hard to contain Jackson with LB's failing to even read the plays correctly. Someone said gap and they took off for the mall.

BTW, that comment Aikman made about QB's improving their accuracy and not correcting their bad habits from college, Jackson is the poster boy for that. They should have forced him to throw it all night long.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agree, that is just excuse making for mediocre talent and not much better coaching. But it is hard to contain Jackson with LB's failing to even read the plays correctly. Someone said gap and they took off for the mall.

BTW, that comment Aikman made about QB's improving their accuracy and not correcting their bad habits from college, Jackson is the poster boy for that. They should have forced him to throw it all night long.

How? They were averaging 13 yards a carry at one point. Why would they even bother to throw it except to use it for practice.. ?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been one of his strongest supporters, still is but this comment makes no sense at all. Excuses, excuses, excuses .......c'mon Mike. You had nearly 2 weeks to get ready for a one-dimensional QB and this is how you respond?

McCarthy's greatest qualification for his job was desperation. He's letting Jerry be Jerry. Anyone who still thinks it was Mike's idea to take a new job but let the leftover OC run the offense will believe anything. He's an offensive coach who called his plays for years.

Moore was one of Jerry's conditions. He thinks he's found something in Kellen, just as he once thought he found something in JG. That's why the Cowboys have been so successful the last 25 years. McCarthy knows his place, unlike that ingrate Jimmy Johnson. :rolleyes:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry will mildly surprise people and fire Mike McCarthy and Nolan,Moore etc. I see heads rolling. Jerry tolerates alot of things, but losing in the fashion in which we lose game in, game out may be the final straw. Whats worse is how the players,coaches respond afterwards in the post game pressers.No accountability,just excuse after excuse.Pretty sure he notices what we do. There is no point in continuing the failed MM experiment. The D is terrible, and teh players don't really seem to care either way. THAT is a culture/coaching problem. Time to give the team an enema and start over except for a very small handful of core players.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
MM is easily my least favorite Cowboys head coach ever. Garrett and Campo were absolute pleasures compared to this pos.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've been one of his strongest supporters, still is but this comment makes no sense at all. Excuses, excuses, excuses .......c'mon Mike. You had nearly 2 weeks to get ready for a one-dimensional QB and this is how you respond?

Dude. We don't have the talent to stop Lamaar. Not matter what D we throw at him. We lack talent, plain and simple.

This is quite clearly MM's politically correct Blahblahblah response to a reporter's question. Panties, undwad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM is easily my least favorite Cowboys head coach ever. Garrett and Campo were absolute pleasures compared to this pos.
hes right there with Campo..and honestly..at least the players played hard for Campo and they respected him. The same cannot be said for MM. It shows on the field.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
hes right there with Campo..and honestly..at least the players played hard for Campo and they respected him. The same cannot be said for MM. It shows on the field.

Campo was working with historically bad rosters. MM has a solid base at the very least and he’s done nothing with it.

lukin2006

Reaction score
No way Nolan is back next year. MM will not be picking his next D coordinator or any coaches in the future...

jerry will not trust him in the future...

dacoming

Reaction score

Meaning we didn't expect to be able to win or stop them so let's just go through the motions and collect our free money

MMObserver

Reaction score
NFL Team Opponent Offensive Points per Game

1 Pittsburgh 17.5
2 Miami 17.8
3 Baltimore 17.8
4 LA Rams 18.0
5 New Orleans 20.2
6 Indianapolis 20.7
7 New England 20.8
8 Kansas City 20.9
9 NY Giants 21.2
10 Washington 21.2
11 Tampa Bay 22.3
12 Chicago 22.8
13 Green Bay 22.9
14 San Francisco 22.9
15 Arizona 23.6
16 Minnesota 24.8
17 Cleveland 25.0
18 Denver 25.0
19 Philadelphia 25.1
20 Carolina 25.2
21 Atlanta 25.2
22 Buffalo 25.4
23 Cincinnati 25.4
24 Houston 26.2
25 Seattle 26.8
26 LA Chargers 27.1
27 Tennessee 27.1
28 NY Jets 27.6
29 Las Vegas 28.0
30 Detroit 28.3
31 Jacksonville 29.6
32 Dallas 30.7

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-offensive-points-per-game

csirl

Reaction score
The play that sticks with me is the 14 yard first down run by Lamar in the third quarter - the one right after the 5 yard penalty. The reply view from behind the QB shows that even though the receivers were marked, our safety was way way way downfield. Given that Lamar running was a much bigger threat than extra coverage on a deep pass, this is unbelievable. Team should have been trying to make Lamar beat us through the air.

Reaction score
I listened to his presser. He also said its the players are not executing and hes not ready to admit/blame the scheme.

With that said, Nolan has to go. I dont want him here with influence on the type of players we bring in.
We need an overhaul of players, especially at the back end. But really at all levels.

That being said, I don't see how MM runs back Nolan next year. I just don't see it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why will it cost us over the next few years?

1) Performance and likely games. We saw how bad defenses stunted this team over the last few years, including years when we made the playoffs with great offenses but the defense couldn't hold up.

2) Personnel. Nolan is going to have input into bringing in specific players for his hybrid scheme. I am not sure why we should trust him to give sound advice on drafting. We just got out of a situation where we had a DC/DL coach influence players we took (Charlton, Hill for example) and FAs we should get (Nolan Carroll, etc.) I'd prefer to have a competent DC giving input into players we acquire.