Troy Aikman: he's made it the 'Jerry Jones Ring of Honor'

BossRhino

Reaction score

4:10 - 5:45

On Jimmy Johnson having to wait at least another year:

* "It's beyond disappointing."
* "I wouldn't be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, nor would Emmitt, or Michael, or Charles Haley, or anyone else, if it weren't for what Jimmy meant to those teams."
* "It's a big disappointment to me."
* "I just thought it was the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, he's made it the Jerry Jones Ring of Honor, and it's just disappointing that Jimmy is not up there."

pansophy

Reaction score
I think Jerry just wants Jimmy to go in at the same time as him and he can't go in until he passes away. So my bet is that Stephen puts them both in.

plymkr

Reaction score

* "I wouldn't be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, nor would Emmitt, or Michael, or Charles Haley, or anyone else, if it weren't for what Jimmy meant to those teams."
* "I just thought it was the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, he's made it the Jerry Jones Ring of Honor, and it's just disappointing that Jimmy is not up there."

You go Troy

Blitzen

Reaction score

The thing is, Troy does not need Jerry or the golden parachute or access to the team. He gets everything no matter what because of his legacy and his own businesses. Stephen responded to comments Aikman made a year or two ago (saying anything coming from outside the building was just Monday morning quarterbacking-as though Aikman’s opinion was not well informed). The Jones’ cannot touch him, so he remains one of the best voices to listen to when commenting on the franchise and the way it is run. You could tell during that interview that Stephen would love to shut up Aikman.

rags747

Reaction score
Maybe Jimmy needs to make a public apology for being such a big baby back in the day. He’s the one with the sports psychology degree, he sure as hell did not put it to use.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Truth!

visionary

Reaction score

Good :hammer:
Worst owner in sports