Troy Aikman: he's made it the 'Jerry Jones Ring of Honor'

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On Jimmy Johnson having to wait at least another year:

* "It's beyond disappointing."
* "I wouldn't be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, nor would Emmitt, or Michael, or Charles Haley, or anyone else, if it weren't for what Jimmy meant to those teams."
* "It's a big disappointment to me."
* "I just thought it was the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, he's made it the Jerry Jones Ring of Honor, and it's just disappointing that Jimmy is not up there."
tenor.gif

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If the day ever comes for Jerry to put Jimmy in the ring, I hope Jimmy tells him to go...

T-RO

Reaction score
I call it the FOJ....(friends of Jerry).....you gotta kiss his arse and drink with him to be up there. Has lost any kind of honor for me.
100%.

If the day ever comes for Jerry to put Jimmy in the ring, I hope Jimmy tells him to go...
I do too.

Jerry is a self absorbed insecure tool. He's an embarrassment.
He really is. Billionaires are often blights on the rest of humanity. Now maybe I wouldn't call Jerry that...perhaps not*...but he's certainly a pet stain on our common human sofa.

*Some of the things he's done are utterly inhuman and unless he does a 180...quite unforgivable.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
Jimmy was a great football coach, but the arrangement was for him to coach the players and Jerry was the GM.

When you challenge your Boss, the owner, when you tell the whole world he sucked at football operations, (even though he hired you)
and that most of the player personnel choices that led to success wasn't his doing but your own, that's going to create negative animosity...for life.

No Ring of Honor for Jimmy, he may never get in. Jerry would have to win the SB, IMO.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The more people complain, the less chance he has to get in. He deserves it, but I would just tell Jerry to stuff it up his butt and move on.
Yep, it's become something that gets talked about every year. Jerry loves it when people talk about Dallas, positive or negative. Jimmy will never get in because Jerry loves the buzz.

Jerry will put himself in before Jimmy, maybe when he knows the end is near, just to bring the whole house down.

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe Jimmy needs to make a public apology for being such a big baby back in the day. He’s the one with the sports psychology degree, he sure as hell did not put it to use.
He absolutely put it to use. He didn't want to stay and he engineered his departure while making Jerry look like the only bad guy at the time. They were both egomaniacs. Does Jimmy deserve to be in? Yes. Will he get in? Not likely unless Jimmy publicly apologizes. Will Jerry publicly apologize for his part too? Not likely either. Both men have too much ego for that.

DAL1180

Reaction score
Maybe Jimmy needs to make a public apology for being such a big baby back in the day. He’s the one with the sports psychology degree, he sure as hell did not put it to use.
What? OMG. This is the frontrunner for most ridiculous post reply of the decade. Unless of course you were being sarcastic in which case I apologize. Lol

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Jimmy was a great football coach, but the arrangement was for him to coach the players and Jerry was the GM.

When you challenge your Boss, the owner, when you tell the whole world he sucked at football operations, (even though he hired you)
and that most of the player personnel choices that led to success wasn't his doing but your own, that's going to create negative animosity...for life.

No Ring of Honor for Jimmy, he may never get in. Jerry would have to win the SB, IMO.
Once again, it was in Jimmy's contract that he was both coach and GM. There has been links to this fact many times on this forum.

Motorola

Reaction score
I call it the FOJ....(friends of Jerry).....you gotta kiss his arse and drink with him to be up there. Has lost any kind of honor for me.
Too many worthy players plus Jimmy who will never be up there because of him. Glad Troy has brought this up.
I feel the time has passed for any Cowboys great deserving the ROH tribute, who played before Jones purchased the franchise, will be honored.

After Demarcus Ware's induction later this season, the next three players we can expect to be honored are Witten, Romo, and Dez.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again, it was in Jimmy's contract that he was both coach and GM. There has been links to this fact many times on this forum.
Jerry said from the start and his title has always been GM as well as owner.
No I am not siding with Jerry either.

Jimmy belongs in and way past due. Jerry is petty over this.
Great for Troy to speak out. This needs to grow wings from here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It supports what most of us have always thought.

Winning championships isn’t enough for Jethro unless he’s the man and Face of his franchise .

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry said from the start and his title has always been GM as well as owner.
No I am not siding with Jerry either.

Jimmy belongs in and way past due. Jerry is petty over this.
Great for Troy to speak out. This needs to grow wings from here.
In service they would have classified his departure as a General Discharge. Still entitled to medical and rights...