News: Troy Aikman: 'I believe either Manziel or RG3 will be in Dallas' in 2016

CCBoy

Reaction score

Troy Aikman: 'I believe either Manziel or RG3 will be in Dallas' in 2016

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ther-manziel-or-rg3-will-be-in-dallas-in-2016

...In fact, FOX Sports NFL analyst Troy Aikman, a Cowboys legend and Hall of Famer, wouldn't be shocked at all if one of those two scenarios played out.

"I believe as I sit here today that either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III will be in Dallas as a backup (next year)," Aikman told SI.com's Maggie Gray.

Aikman was asked to rate how shocked he'd be by the move on a scale of 1-10 ("1" being not at all, and "10" very much so): "Four and maybe a 1."

Put another way: Aikman -- and just about everybody else -- would be more surprised if Manziel or Griffin don't end up in Dallas, probably because of quotes from Jones like his response to a question about "young backup quarterbacks available this offseason who come with some risk":...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's right. In reality he knows RG3 will be in Dallas and just added Manziel to his comment to seem not too much in the know about what Jerry has told him first hand.

Frozen700

Reaction score
RG3 please. Get him another WR. One that can actually be elite on the future ( we have none). Then boost the D for him, and we are good.

Tony Robo is pretty much done for

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Don't really want either, but I would rather have RG3 if I have to pick.

Manziel is just a name, people.

Dude does not possess either an NFL QB body/skill set nor an NFL QB brain.

He is not going to change, and wearing the star on his helmet would only exacerbate his issues.

RG3 can't read a defense in the NFL anymore-- but at least he's matured in the last year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
RG3 please. Get him another WR. One that can actually be elite on the future ( we have none). Then boost the D for him, and we are good.

You're going to like it when we draft Laquan Treadwell.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

The way Dallas runs the ball the balls that Dez gets Witten gets how many do you expect there to be? Beasley is one of Romos fav targets. Akk these gets another Wr make no sense to me. Maybe next yr or the yr after. I axtually dont see Dez in Dallas in 2018 unless he just has more 2014 yrs. But i dont see that happening

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
RG3 is damaged goods physically. The other mentally. But nomore than Dez. They were able to do something about that. You cant do anything about Griffins legs.I think theyll bring him in and work him out. If he passes i can see them signing him.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The way Dallas runs the ball the balls that Dez gets Witten gets how many do you expect there to be? Beasley is one of Romos fav targets. Akk these gets another Wr make no sense to me. Maybe next yr or the yr after. I axtually dont see Dez in Dallas in 2018 unless he just has more 2014 yrs. But i dont see that happening

Yeah, Dez needs to go. I rather have a guy like AB or Odell prototype, rather than a big body guy, who all he wants to do is take flight for jump balls. Dez has no craft to his game

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yeah, Dez needs to go. I rather have a guy like AB or Odell prototype, rather than a big body guy, who all he wants to do is take flight for jump balls. Dez has no craft to his game

Dez in 2018 will be 29 and 30 before the season finishes. And something Stephen said has stayed with me about Dez. He said they didnt want a deal where they were stuck owing him alot of money the way AZ was with Fitz. But we all saw what Fitz did this yr. I just think Romo Dez and Witten could all be done in 2018 as Cowboys. Romo and Witt i can see retiring and Dez i can see traded or released. Can also see him a Cowboy too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone to replace romo

Dude, did Romo $%^& your girl or something?

And just in case you have not been keeping up with current events, we tried 3 other QBs besides Romo this year and the result was 1-11.

So you wanting "anyone to replace Romo" already happened, it happened 3 times and each time was an epic fail. If not for Desean Jackson having the IQ of a 3 yr old, it would have been 0-12 with those 3 other Qbs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You're going to like it when we draft Laquan Treadwell.

So in addition to Dez, we need another top 5 WR for this offense to function?

Seems like a lot of resources being devoted to the WR core, especially when I look around at the playoff teams this year and a lot of them are trotting out nobodies at WR.........am I missing something:huh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yea, what would a Troy Aikman know about football or the Cowboys?

Oh, and being on the dung heap...most incoming Head Coaches want their own selection in starting quarterbacks...go figure that one out.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dude, did Romo $%^& your girl or something?

And just in case you have not been keeping up with current events, we tried 3 other QBs besides Romo this year and the result was 1-11.

So you wanting "anyone to replace Romo" already happened, it happened 3 times and each time was an epic fail. If not for Desean Jackson having the IQ of a 3 yr old, it would have been 0-12 with those 3 other Qbs.

7ypcUYK.png

Typical fan boy response. Quick to insult, when somebody says something negative about your baby.

Look man, we tried to replace him with proven washed up scrubs. Maybe I need to be more specific. We need to replace Romo with anyone who has some sort of pedigree. Whether they use to be good, or have a good background coming out of college.

I know you love you some Romo, and everyone on the roster. We could even maybe sign Quincy Carter back, and you would find a way to say it's ok. Which is cool, but don't insult people who don't have the same opinion as you, or love everything the cowboys do, good or bad. Just makes you look like a huge teenage cheerleader.

-The cowboys are having a bad year, and MO sucks.

-You- "What? Are you stupid? The cowboys are great, it was the nfl's fault why we had a bad year. The whole cowboys organization must have taken a turn with your thot of a girl. Idiot"

CJLsXKo.png