News: Troy Aikman: 'I believe either Manziel or RG3 will be in Dallas' in 2016

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm a scientist. I don't base things on emotions. Nor do I base them just on stats. Every good scientist knows the stats/facts have to make sense. And I've always been a fan of good football play regardless of what team a player is on even an NFC East foe etc. If Romo were a Commander I'd still admire him. He has some shortcomings but most people understand how good a QB he is.

If you feel better then you're entitled to respond with ad hominem attacks. I understand as you really don't have any facts to stand on; just your opinion which we all see is long on opinion and actually, so far, devoid of facts.

Have a great night.

You are the same way. Stop it.

Good night

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Aikman's prediction of our probable QB choices to win the backup QB position doesn't ring my bell in the slightest. While I could reluctantly tolerate RGIII being the choice, the specter of Manziel being awarded that position appalls me. He has done absolutely nothing during his time in the NFL to inspire confidence that he'd be an acceptable signing. Color me unimpressed with Troy's idea.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong if we decide to roll with him next year. Trust me. I want this team to win it all, but we won't and that's fact. You can save this quote till after the season.

OK, so we don't roll with him next year.

Who is our QB? You ready to just turn the team over to an unproven rookie QB in what by most indications isn't considered a great QB class?

Sydla

Reaction score
I hear you, but I really do feel if we had more of an elite QB things would be different.

They wouldn't.

Romo had a rating of 143 in that GB game last year. If anything, the loss was on Murray who had that awful fumble.

The Cowboys have failed to do anything in the playoffs largely due to a multitude of issues. Laying this at Romo's feet is strange. Some blame on Romo? Sure. No question. Most of the blame? Of course not.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think RGIII would cause Garrett to feel like the shadow of Art Briles was peeking over his shoulder all next season.

:) From a 1/31st Bearcat, I think it's time to end this Batan Death March and fix the defensive line and secondary.

See how Garrett feels after getting in the ball park with Seattle, New England, Denver, and Carolina...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
well I could say the same thing. :)

btw I could live with Treadwell, he's a beast! just get Carson Wentz in 2nd round who would be ready to replace Romo in a year or two. I could live with this scenario

I'd love getting Treadwell and Wentz but I just think it's too good to really happen.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think RGIII would cause Garrett to feel like the shadow of Art Briles was peeking over his shoulder all next season.

Never thought of that! May cross his mind but he needs a backup. If Romo goes down again and they mess this up he's probably gone.

Frozen700

Reaction score
OK, so we don't roll with him next year.

Who is our QB? You ready to just turn the team over to an unproven rookie QB in what by most indications isn't considered a great QB class?

Better than "almost" sneaking into the playoffs or getting there just to get eliminated.

That's what Romo has provided.

Jobberone wants stats, that's stats for him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Better than "almost" sneaking into the playoffs or getting there just to get eliminated.

That's what Romo has provided.

Jobberone wants stats, that's stats for him.

Easy, fella'...two directions are being highlighted here.:)

jrumann59

Reaction score
Let's see here. The fact we gave this guy almost everything, and the results have been the same, lack of playoffs, the fact we can't skate by the second round when we do go to the playoffs.

So one year he had a great running game and the next he broke a collarbone twice. All the years prior he did not have everything, and some would say he still does not have defense.

Let's also not pretend that Romo was the pick master at one point. Yes he has had some good years, but he has also had some very awful ones.

Pick master, he has never had more picks than TDs, and the worst year he had for TD to INT rate was 2012 when he was 28 TDs and 19 INTs, that being the year where the OL was garbage and were throwing it 60% of the time, he was the offense.

He's not elite. Elite QB's don't need to play bus driver role aka Alex Smith. That's what he is. Alex Smith is a damn good QB but he's not elite.

Tony is hardly a bus driver, he should probably have some more bus driver mentality but same could be said for other elite QBs that have not had success like Marino, Farve, Bledsoe, etc.

You don't see belichick making Brady run the ball over 50% of the time.

Manning, because of his drop off in play and age has to become a bit of a bus driver, but 2 years ago? Nope

Big Ben, he's elite, is he playing bus driver? Nope

We have Dez, but yet here we are running the ball 50%+ of the time because we need to take a load off Romo. The elite QB.

Face it, we are not winning with him(championship) and we have not even come close.

Every time we decide to let Romo be Romo and play the role of Manning or Brady at the los its pick city, then this here forum starts calling for heads because we lack a running game or didn't run enough. So there is your proof, not everything is done or told by stats. You won't fool me, I watch the games.

When Romo is asked to take over, he gets overwhelmed and starts throwing ints. He has his occasional game where he dominates, but for the most part he can't do it consistently. Not an elite QB

The crux of your argument is based on a mediocre management not the player, Romo would be the darling of the media if he was playing in organization like NE.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The crux of your argument is based on a mediocre management not the player, Romo would be the darling of the media if he was playing in organization like NE.

Romo wouldn't be able to make it work with the those type of weapons in NE. Which is what puts Brady on a whole other level

CCBoy

Reaction score
Robert Griffin III's future remains uncertain, and there has been speculation that he could end up with the Dallas Cowboys.

His college head coach, Baylor's Art Briles, hopes to see that happen.

"You could have a dream. That would probably be making it come true," Briles said at Senior Bowl practices in Alabama on Thursday, according to the Dallas Morning News. "That would be a great place for him."

Tony Romo is still the unquestioned Cowboys starting quarterback, but they desperately need a reliable backup after this past season's debacle.

"It's a great organization; being back in Texas and with the Cowboys and having a chance to get in there under Romo for three years," Briles said...

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/...in-to-cowboys-would-be-dream-come-true-012816

CCBoy

Reaction score
  • Well, it looks like Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel has Brown’s support and we’re not talking Cleveland. According to Pro Football Talk, Jim Brown aka the franchise’s most decorated player is in full support of Manziel, urging patience and support for the troubled first-round pick to his former team. “To be honest, I don’t want to see him traded or anything like that,” Brown said, via Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I just never feel that’s the answer to anything. But that’s my opinion and I don’t expect you to feel that way. I like Johnny.” It’s unclear if Browns owner Jimmy Haslam or coach Hue Jackson share that view. Haslam said he thought the relationship with the QB could be “fixed,” while on the other hand, Jackson hasn’t talked to Manziel since taking over two weeks ago – ouch. Even if the coach has already made up his mind in the starting QB conversation, it can’t hurt to have Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown in your corner for a shot at a redemption.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post/_/id/29530/nfl-rumors-roundup-189

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
johnny-manziel-dez-bryant-pool.jpg

All I needed to see to know Aikman might be right.....And the end of the Cowboys as we knew them will be over. I'm cashing out if this BS goes down.....

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Troy Aikman: 'I believe either Manziel or RG3 will be in Dallas' in 2016
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ther-manziel-or-rg3-will-be-in-dallas-in-2016

...In fact, FOX Sports NFL analyst Troy Aikman, a Cowboys legend and Hall of Famer, wouldn't be shocked at all if one of those two scenarios played out.

"I believe as I sit here today that either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III will be in Dallas as a backup (next year)," Aikman told SI.com's Maggie Gray.

Aikman was asked to rate how shocked he'd be by the move on a scale of 1-10 ("1" being not at all, and "10" very much so): "Four and maybe a 1."

Put another way: Aikman -- and just about everybody else -- would be more surprised if Manziel or Griffin don't end up in Dallas, probably because of quotes from Jones like his response to a question about "young backup quarterbacks available this offseason who come with some risk":...

Troy is getting worse and worse as the years go by. What makes him think either one of them will fit in a Garrett offense?

Concussions are a turrible thang.