News: Troy Aikman rips FOX Sports for hiring Skip Bayless

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman ripped FOX for hiring Skip Bayless away from ESPN and giving Bayless his own First Take knockoff show on FOX Sports 1. Aikman has disliked Bayless since the 1990s, when Bayless wrote a book about the Cowboys that included unsubstantiated rumors that Aikman is gay.

“To say I’m disappointed in the hiring of Skip Bayless would be an enormous understatement,” Aikman told Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated. “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless.”

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/06/troy-aikman-rips-fox-sports-for-hiring-skip-Bayless/

slick325

Reaction score
Not surprising at all and totally understandable based on their history. BUT...WOW! Troy's words hit hard! “Clearly, [Fox Sports president of national networks] Jamie Horowitz and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to building a successful organization. I believe success is achieved by acquiring and developing talented, respected and credible individuals, none of which applies to Skip Bayless.”
Tell us how you feel Troy!

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Love it. That Stephen A/Skip Bayless show represented everything I hated about ESPN and everything that is wrong with not only sports journalism but journalism altogether. All bravado, innuendo, and hits, no substance. I had hope when FS1 first started but sadly they just following the ESPN model. Oh well, but great for Troy, I'm glad he came out and said what 99% of the sporting world has been thinking.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone watch Fox Sports 1? Will putting that dip**** there bring in more audience?

Dang Troy, let'er rip, my man. I always wondered about Troy's desire to forgive and forget, wonder no more.

Sports journalism didn't use to be an oxymoron.

Reactions: BAT
Reaction score
I was shocked too, adding Skip Bayless instantly downgraded the entire FOX sports team,,, and worse than that, he's an object of ridicule and embarrassment. Why the hell would you add someone like that?

pancakeman

Reaction score
Good for Troy. Even when you're near the top of your field, it still takes guts to come out in public with an uncensored rip on uppermost management.
And call me gullible but I think this is about professional standards, not just personal history.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I was shocked too, adding Skip Bayless instantly downgraded the entire FOX sports team,,, and worse than that, he's an object of ridicule and embarrassment. Why the hell would you add someone like that?

Because he helped "First Take" generate ratings for ESPN, and FOX offered him more money to do the same thing with its network.

And Skip might be the object of ridicule with some, but he is the epitome of opinionated sports talk, which is now driving the ratings for failing satellite/cable networks.

And THAT is why they would add him, syphoning off some of ESPN's viewers in the process - which, in the competitive world of sports journalism, is never a bad thing.