Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I do?

I remember being the only one on this forum or anywhere that had Josh Allen as the #1 QB in his class.

I remember a lot of Justin Herbert hate when I had him as the most talented QB in that class.

I didn’t like Baker Mayfield when he was all the buzz.

If anything I’m ridiculously good at evaluating a position that’s difficult to evaluate.

Even when I’m wrong the NFL usually sees it the same way as I do.

For instance I had Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, and Fields in that order well before the draft when most had Fields as QB 2 and the NFL ended up agreeing with me.

Also, I’ve already blocked 3 of the clowns like you on here yesterday if you want to get added keep talking trash and you can join them.
OMG...you get 10s, even 100s of other picks wrong, but man, the blind squirl finds a nut and he is now an expert in nut finding, thumping his chest. I can guess a 1000 times and I can get at least 5 of them right. should I gloat?

and you are ridiculously awful, bad at evaluating a position...you have no talent in that area. none. you just guess based on somebody else's evaluation on the big wide internet.

stop thumping your chest and gloating for something 1000s of others on this board do....GUESS and then eventually hit on one, after guessing so often.

my GAWD....this explains so much about you. Its interesting.

khiladi

Reaction score
At least Troy isn't saying he thinks Dak is a better QB than he was, like he did with Tony Romo.

I think Tony already is a better quarterback than I was,” Aikman said. “I know how quarterbacks are judged but as far as his play-making ability and the things that he is capable of doing, he is a far more athletic quarterback, capable of making more plays than I ever was able to. He has a good team around him and hopefully, and I believe this will happen, I believe that he will win a Super Bowl before he is done playing.”

This was way after Cabo and Romo's it's a punt and if it's the worst think that ever happened comment. Don't let facts get in the way of the narrtive though.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tony-romo-is-a-better-quarterback-than-i-was/

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I do?

I remember being the only one on this forum or anywhere that had Josh Allen as the #1 QB in his class.

I remember a lot of Justin Herbert hate when I had him as the most talented QB in that class.

I didn’t like Baker Mayfield when he was all the buzz.

If anything I’m ridiculously good at evaluating a position that’s difficult to evaluate.

Even when I’m wrong the NFL usually sees it the same way as I do.

For instance I had Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, and Fields in that order well before the draft when most had Fields as QB 2 and the NFL ended up agreeing with me.

Also, I’ve already blocked 3 of the clowns like you on here yesterday if you want to get added keep talking trash and you can join them.
Honestly, if you were actually as good at talent evaluation as you think you are, you would be a part of a team and not on a fan forum.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Honestly, if you were actually as good at talent evaluation as you think you are, you would be a part of a team and not on a fan forum.
:hammer:
and tooting your own horn trying to prove you are....after so many misses....like I said, even a blind squirl finds a nut now and then

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This same guy that said he is amazing at talent evaluation said Micah and Jaylon Smith had similar skill sets.

Let that sink in.
oh, he knows football. just trust him as he says....

and I just forwarded an email to cowboys organization about someone named Catch17 on our board who is a fantastic talent evaluator that should be on cowboys staff.

@CATCH17 you should be on the look out for them to message you soon.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At least Troy isn't saying he thinks Dak is a better QB than he was, like he did with Tony Romo.

This was way after Cabo and Romo's it's a punt and if it's the worst think that ever happened comment. Don't let facts get in the way of the narrtive though.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tony-romo-is-a-better-quarterback-than-i-was/
It’s funny a lot of these guys who say I can’t evaluate talent are the same guys who think Dak’s better than Romo lol.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL destroyed fallacies? It's an Internet forum with people providing OPINIONS. There's nothing you nor I can provide statistically to "prove our points." THEY'RE OPINIONS.
By destroy fallacies, he means post incorrect data. For example, he was trying to claim the Cowboys gave up 27.5 points per game last year.

starman22

Reaction score
lol...no. It's really about what Troy said about Dak. But since you brought up Romo, why did Troy say what he said and not include Romo with the praise he just gave Dak?
I didn't bring up Romo, the poster I replied to did. If I had to guess, he did that because you can't help but bring up Romo anytime someone criticizes Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL destroyed fallacies? It's an Internet forum with people providing OPINIONS. There's nothing you nor I can provide statistically to "prove our points." THEY'RE OPINIONS.
Wrong. I provided statistical end-of-year rankings on the Olines, Defenses and All Pros Romo was surrounded by during certain years that his apologists constantly say he did not have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't bring up Romo, the poster I replied to did. If I had to guess, he did that because you can't help but bring up Romo anytime someone criticizes Dak.
Uh, hello? Troy directly praised Dak as the only QB since Troy's playing days who has vocally demanded winning a Super Bowl should always be the standard for a Dallas Cowboy QB.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Wrong. I provided statistical end-of-year rankings on the Olines, Defenses and All Pros Romo was surrounded by during certain years that his apologists constantly say he did not have.
Stats don't "prove" anything. They help you form an opinion. There's a difference between truth and opinion. It's solely subjective. You can provide me with every stat favoring Tom Brady as the greatest QB in NFL history, but it doesn't prove anything. It only formulates one to make an opinion.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stats don't "prove" anything. They help you form an opinion. There's a difference between truth and opinion. It's solely subjective. You can provide me with every stat favoring Tom Brady as the greatest QB in NFL history, but it doesn't prove anything. It only formulates one to make an opinion.
Are you serious? Without stats, you have no evidence to prove facts. Anything short of stats is pure hearsay.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Are you serious? Without stats, you have no evidence to prove facts. Anything short of stats is pure hearsay.
It's sports, not science. Stats help to formulate conclusions and opinions, but that doesn't make it true. You aren't performing scientific studies to prove anything. Sports are subjective. Power rankings, top 10 lists, radio sports talk, it's all SUBJECTIVE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's sports, not science. Stats help to formulate conclusions and opinions, but that doesn't make it true. You aren't performing scientific studies to prove anything. Sports are subjective. Power rankings, top 10 lists, radio sports talk, it's all SUBJECTIVE.
So both player and team statistical results are subjective? So the Cowboys win a game, but in your mind they lost? Is that what you're saying?

TheSport78

Reaction score
So both player and team statistical results are subjective? So the Cowboys win a game, but in your mind they lost? Is that what you're saying?
There's a difference between a result in a game and using stats to prove "truth." Unless there's a tie, a team will win and a team will lose; that's truth and a certainty.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There's a difference between a result in a game and using stats to prove "truth." Unless there's a tie, a team will win and a team will lose; that's truth and a certainty.
What? You're spinning and not even making any sense. Stats are used to support game facts. Without stats, you have no proof. You're spinning because you know you've already lost this debate.

TheSport78

Reaction score
What? You're spinning and not even making any sense. Stats are used to support game facts. Without stats, you have no proof. You're spinning because you know you've already lost this debate.
No, you’re just a confused human. You can find stats that support different opinions/arguments. Your stats don’t prove anything.