Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Admit I was wrong about something I was right about?

You still don’t get it do you lol.

Let me ask you something…

Can a coach who is an expert at reading a defense but absolutely suck at playing football know more about reading a defense than Mahomes who admittedly said he couldn’t read a defense?

Or does Mahomes know more than the coach because he can actually play the position?

Now that you hopefully see how flawed your logic is please shut your mouth.
What exactly were you right about? Mahomes? Parsons?

BWAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You act like you know more about these players than the coaching staff and the scouts do. I’m just showing that you don’t.
Lol you’re pulling up 1 quote and making a broad story about something that’s difficult to do.

Both guys coming out of school looked similar and if anything Kelvin Joseph looked better because

If anything Joseph’s college film was better because

1. Diggs hadn’t played much corner.

2. Joseph was likely a round 1 pick had he not got kicked from LSU.

It’s not like I hated Diggs lol. He just had a long way to go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said Micah Parsons and Jaylon Smith had the same skill set.

So let me explain what that means since you don’t understand these things.

Jaylon Smiths skill set was playing sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Micah Parsons Skill set was sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Both guys struggled anytime they had to turn and go backwards and cover.

So a middle school kid can have the same skill set as Lamar Jackson…

Does that mean I think the middle school kid is Lamar Jackson? No.

Are you smart enough to understand this?

Parsons had no tape as an edge rusher. We all knew he could blitz but so what.. You going to blitz your middle linebacker all game?

Playing the edge and pass rushing is completely different than being a off ball linebacker and blitzing up the middle.
"Jaylon and Parsons have the same skillset"

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yah buddy, you nailed it!!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Imagine a narcissist with no reason to be one. What would you call that? Delusional?
Hey I’ll do you 3 a favor.. Since all 3 of you add absolutely nothing to this board and you’re obsessed with my posts I’ll just block you.

Your dumb opinions mean squat to me anyways.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You were right about parsons? Lol no you weren’t. Jaylon smith right?

You don’t get it. Mahomes is arguably the most talented QB anyone has ever seen. And you said flat out that 2 guys who can barely crack an nfl roster were better. Let that sink into your thick skull.

Go ahead and tell me you were right about parsons. Go ahead
I was 100% right about Parsons. I completely nailed it 100%. All of it.

Tell me I was wrong about Parsons.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol you’re pulling up 1 quote and making a broad story about something that’s difficult to do.

Both guys coming out of school looked similar and if anything Kelvin Joseph looked better because

If anything Joseph’s college film was better because

1. Diggs hadn’t played much corner.

2. Joseph was likely a round 1 pick had he not got kicked from LSU.

It’s not like I hated Diggs lol. He just had a long way to go.
You were wrong AGAIN!!!! End of story.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey all do you 3 a favor.. Since all 3 of you add absolutely nothing to this board and you’re obsessed with my posts I’ll just block you.

What I bring to this board, that you never will is accuracy. I get things right.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Scrolling thru all the responses was hilarious at how Catch17 continuously embarrassed all comers with fact supported data and yet kept fielding rebuttals when they had already been embarrassed and then continued to make their cluelessness even more obvious with every response.
Reading these reminded me of my favorite all time post here which said how some fans here can be described as needing to have someone sit beside them on Sundays to explain what they're watching, lol.

So very true.
And to Catch17, you could have pulled your old reliable, and one of my recent faves where you just said "We need to stop trying to figure out ways to win with Dak. We paid him to be the answer not the problem."

That kinda covers ALL the bases in a general way without having to explain how football is actually played to the ignorant.
I love when people who probably never laced up a pair of cleats talk about others needing people to explain the game to them. It’s laughable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hey I’ll do you 3 a favor.. Since all 3 of you add absolutely nothing to this board and you’re obsessed with my posts I’ll just block you.

If you want to block everyone who disagrees with you, there won’t be many people left on the board for you to get your opinions wrong in front of

J_Allen

Reaction score
Well if Dak hangs in there long enough maybe some of the top teams in the NFC will have their QBs retire. We saw the Bucs lose Brady who was pretty bad last year anyways. GB may lose Rodgers. Seattle lost Wilson who was fading. Rams have Stafford who is on his last legs. The only real obstacles are the 49ers and Eagles. But Daks gonna have to put up more than 12 to get by the 49ers. I mean they were on their 3rd string QB and he ends up outplaying Dak. Dak plays the Eagles tough but you make it a playoff game and he probably is good for 10 points. The NFC is about as wide open as it will ever get.
He was out played by Mr. Irrelevant. If that's not enough fuel to light a fire under him then nothing will. If he plays like he did last season, I hope this season is his last.

bewp7

Reaction score
oh but if i hold him to that standard im a dak hater

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah this quote by Romo gave me that impression too. Left me shaking my head that’s for sure.

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”
he was just being logical, what he said was very true.
And it was after losing in either wc round or div round.

what people want to hear I guess is " I am devastated and this is worse than a close family member dying"
Tony always gave his all to win every game, that was evident if you watched him play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That’s probably true, but, also no Cowboys team will win the SB w/ Dak as QB.Dak is a nice guy and says the right things and works hard, but the fact remains that he just doesn’t have the physical tools or mental makeup to win SB.
to be fair, he has always had lackluster coaches on offense,and lackluster HC. Same as Romo.
Tony never had a good defense to help him out, and dak didnt have one till quinn got here.

Dallas defense sucked for a long time and quinn got here, and BOOM! big turnaround to a good defense.
Coaches make a difference, bad and good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak cares so much that he wanted 40 million a year and hurt the talent pool of the team. Dak cares so much that he keeps making the same rookie mistakes in the playoffs.

If his next contract has him accepting a pay cut to help the team, then I'll say he actually cares and isn't just looking for more payday.
It isnt about the pay as much as it is the length of the contract.
Mahomes got a 500 mil deal, but it was the longest ever? which is team friendly for many reasons.
Hurts did a 7 year deal , also team friendly and will help the next 4 years.

Dak wanted and got a max 4 year deal because he wanted another deal whereby he would get pay raise based on future market prices.
Also the no trade clause is also not team friendly .

Every qb wants the new market price only a few which are not highly rated have taken less, like the seattle qb.
While lamar is still holding out, watson got his insane deal,Rodgers got 50 mil a year, and the ones coming soon, will want
current market or more.