Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

kumizi

Reaction score
Dak isn’t good enough to win the Super Bowl just like Romo wasn’t.

He sure is good at giving cliche quotes though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He had horrible luck with injuries. His 2016 preseason injury was a horrible timed slide that resulted in a fracture; how often do you see that happen in the league? The Cowboys made a fantastic decision to have Joseph Randle as the starting RB in 2015 and they didn’t have a back that could pass protect. What do you get? Two collarbone fractures. Yeah, Romo didn’t want to win but he came back midseason earlier than he should have to help a 3-7 team fight for a late season run. If Romo comes back and plays against GB in the playoffs, he absolutely wins that game.

Another team didn't pick him up because he retired. Injuries did catch up, but it wasn't because he couldn't be efficient on the field; he couldn't stay on the field, period.

79 QB rating in 2015? Seriously? The 3-1 record? Let's go over it game by game:

Week 1 VS NYG led a game-winning drive
Week 2 @ PHI: fractured collarbone
Week whatever VS MIA: first game back after the fracture and had a mid 80s QB rating, but was a big reason why they won the game
Thanksgiving VS CAR on a short week: horrible performance, re-breaks collarbone and QB rating of 27.2 (the main reason for the 79.1 QB rating)

You can spin it any way you want, but Romo carried the franchise for years when Dallas did NOT have a top OL or mid tier defense, something Dak has had for the majority of his career.
What a bunch of bull. I've already destroyed such fallacies in other threads about Romo not having a top OL or Defense, plus I have supplied links supporting my statements. Where are your links to support your rhetoric? It's easy to make up stuff online. Backing up your statements is preferable.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and it worked so well didn't it? the dak fanboobs are getting increasingly. desperate as it is now clear to all that Dak never will be an elite QB.
He is a top 10 guy but that is all. The fact that he has not been able to show up vs SF in two straight years in the playoffs pretty much seals the deal
Seals the deal? Only in your biased mind. Both SF playoff losses happened due to various circumstances where the team was not properly prepared, not adequately reinforced and too many mistakes committed. With better preparation, better improvements & in-game adjustments, plus commit lesser mistakes, this team can beat the 49ers if they meet in the playoffs once again.

Last edited:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Dak cares so much that he wanted 40 million a year and hurt the talent pool of the team. Dak cares so much that he keeps making the same rookie mistakes in the playoffs.

If his next contract has him accepting a pay cut to help the team, then I'll say he actually cares and isn't just looking for more payday.
Is Jerry lowering prices for admission? Is Jerry taking less from the revenue sharing on N.F.L. tv contracts? So why should Dak or any other player take a pay cut?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah this quote by Romo gave me that impression too. Left me shaking my head that’s for sure.

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”
The fact that a very intelligent and mature response is taken as a lack of caring says a lot about fans, not Romo.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
What a bunch of bull. I've already destroyed such fallacies in other threads about Romo not having a top OL or Defense, plus I have supplied links supporting my statements. Where are your links to support your rhetoric? It's easy to make up stuff online. Backing up your statements is preferable.
LOL destroyed fallacies? It's an Internet forum with people providing OPINIONS. There's nothing you nor I can provide statistically to "prove our points." THEY'RE OPINIONS.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
To get to the Super Bowl you need to win at least two playoff games in a row. He hasn't been able to do that. I like his attitude though.
we, the cowboys organization haven't been able to do that in 28+ years...let that sink in of our futility over time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What’s laughable is your brain trying to comprehend something and even after it’s explained to you it’s still too difficult for you to understand.

Kaaya and Beathard played in pro style systems which is why I said I thought they were more NFL ready than Mahomes.

Mahomes even set out his first year and admitted he couldn’t read an NFL defense until year 3.

So I’m still confident that Kaaya and Beathard were mentally more developed because they played in pro style offenses in college while Mahomes didn’t.

Parsons wasn’t an edge rusher. Had no clue he could do that.

At MLB he lacked instincts and everything was sideways and downhill.

Nobody knew he was going to come into the league, play the edge, and be absolutely dominant doing it.

It was all projected for him to play linebacker and to this day when he plays linebacker he still doesn’t look like anything special at it which is why after we play a team like Green Bay this past season and he’s at linebacker while they rush for 207 yards everyone is asking where was Parsons and why didn’t he do anything.

So I’m not explaining it to you again. Last time.

It’s not my fault that you’re a super fan and Pom Pom when the Jones’s do stupid stuff like paying Dak and Zeke.

I can’t help it that I’m more intelligent then you.

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Says He Didn't Learn to Read Defenses Until Last Year​

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he didn't understand how to read NFL defenses until "halfway through last year."

"I still think there's a long way for me to go there," Mahomes said on The Shop. "And that's where mentally I think I can get better. Physically I feel like I've done a lot of stuff. I always work on the fundamentals and doing that stuff. But I think mentally I can still take my game to a whole another level."

https://syndication.bleacherreport....arn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year.amp.html
all you did was a spin....and that you have no idea how to project a college QB to NFL. you thought they were in Pro system, therefore they will be better.

that was a big fail on your part, still arguing against Mahomes, perhaps the greatest QB of our generation.

spin I tell ya...but still a fail

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No because I make a statement and you guys take it to another planet.

I could say CJ Stroud is more NFL ready than Anthony Richardson which is just common sense but in 2 years if Richardson blows up your brain will be like “CATCH said Stroud was better than Richardso durrrrr”
NFL ready means being able to play in the NFL. if they fail in two years, it means your assessment was wrong. its really that simple. its really that seemingly you suck at projecting college QBs to NFL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
True but if Dak wants to win, he should follow the template of Brady. He took LESS to keep talent around him
Brady cap hit in 2022, 2021 was 11M and 10M respectively. His cap hit in 2020 was 25M. they won the 2020 season the year his cap hit was the highest.

Dak cap hit the past 2 years 19M, 17M, 31M (franchise because of idiot Jerry)

its about cap management. not averages. this Brady took less, therefore they built a team is total non sense that has been proven wrong 100 times over.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NFL ready means being able to play in the NFL. if they fail in two years, it means your assessment was wrong. its really that simple. its really that seemingly you suck at projecting college QBs to NFL
I do?

I remember being the only one on this forum or anywhere that had Josh Allen as the #1 QB in his class.

I remember a lot of Justin Herbert hate when I had him as the most talented QB in that class.

I didn’t like Baker Mayfield when he was all the buzz.

If anything I’m ridiculously good at evaluating a position that’s difficult to evaluate.

Even when I’m wrong the NFL usually sees it the same way as I do.

For instance I had Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, and Fields in that order well before the draft when most had Fields as QB 2 and the NFL ended up agreeing with me.

Also, I’ve already blocked 3 of the clowns like you on here yesterday if you want to get added keep talking trash and you can join them.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Brady cap hit in 2022, 2021 was 11M and 10M respectively. His cap hit in 2020 was 25M. they won the 2020 season the year his cap hit was the highest.
Brady was perhaps the only QB of his era that understood the need to take less money so that the team around him was better and that a lions share of his income was always going to be investments and endorsements which would dwarf his salary.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I can't remember Troy saying, "He's already better than me". He was alluding to Tony Romo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Brady was perhaps the only QB of his era that understood the need to take less money so that the team around him was better and that a lions share of his income was always going to be investments and endorsements which would dwarf his salary.
also, he was married at a time to soemone who made way more money than him. his situation was different.

and its interesting, there is only Brady. who else did this? they keep comparing Dak to Brady. that's not fair to Brady