Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s probably true, but, also no Cowboys team will win the SB w/ Dak as QB.
What are the chances that any QB wins a SB? His career is at least half over. YOru not really going out on a limb here. Chance are he will be here for another 3 or 4 years and then go somewhere for his over the hill years. You spend most of your career QBing for Jerry and your pretty much screwed.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yeah this quote by Romo gave me that impression too. Left me shaking my head that’s for sure.

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”
I guess that along with the Cabo trip? Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah this quote by Romo gave me that impression too. Left me shaking my head that’s for sure.

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”
Agreed. Troy Aikman blasted Romo for taking the Cabo trip during the playoffs, and I'm sure this Romo response after losing solidified Aikman's personal feeling as a Cowboys QB not mentally up to standard requirements concerning Romo. If Troy felt differently about Romo, he wouldn't have said what he recently said in my opening post.

btgboys41

Reaction score
comment by Aikman seems meaningless but whatever. Every member of every team especially at QB knows the goal and what they will be judged by is Super Bowls. I don’t think Dak is the best QB since Aikman on this team so I’m not sure what this says about Dak. I could find many ways and reasons to compliment Dak but this ain’t one.

Dak is more media savvy I think and more conscious of his perception. Maybe this is some of that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the-simpsons-enter.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Kwyn

Reaction score
Wow. certain that if we win the Super Bowl we”ll follow up with several examples of does, but hey, my wife is looking out for #1a year or rwo of dominicance.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak cares so much that he wanted 40 million a year and hurt the talent pool of the team. Dak cares so much that he keeps making the same rookie mistakes in the playoffs.

If his next contract has him accepting a pay cut to help the team, then I'll say he actually cares and isn't just looking for more payday.
Dak's last three cap hits were $17M (2021), $19M (2022), and $26M (2023). How did those cap hits hurt the talent pool?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/