Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

Qcard

Reaction score
lol...no. It's really about what Troy said about Dak. But since you brought up Romo, why did Troy say what he said and not include Romo with the praise he just gave Dak?
This is why the Tony Romo Superbowl Era (remember Romo wins a Superbowl with every team Prescott lost with in the Playoffs) myth promoters feel snubbed :laugh: :lmao:

Prescott got THE CALL!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I lost confidence in Romo early on. And while it's true I think he matured and became a better QB in his later years his body was breaking down. He wasted a lot of years. With Dak I just feel he's getting worse. I hope I'm wrong but two straight deer in the headlight games with the 49ers isn't making me feel better. And his promises to fix the interceptions is falling flat too. Both QBs are great guys but I'm afraid Dak is going to end up the same as Romo. The biggest culprit is Jerry. He lucked into these 2 qbs without much effort.

starfan1

Reaction score
I lost confidence in Romo early on. And while it's true I think he matured and became a better QB in his later years his body was breaking down. He wasted a lot of years. With Dak I just feel he's getting worse. I hope I'm wrong but two straight deer in the headlight games with the 49ers isn't making me feel better. And his promises to fix the interceptions is falling flat too. Both QBs are great guys but I'm afraid Dak is going to end up the same as Romo. The biggest culprit is Jerry. He lucked into these 2 qbs without much effort.
This^. Yet here we are at the zone still fighting over 2 qbs failed by same owner

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak cares so much that he wanted 40 million a year and hurt the talent pool of the team. Dak cares so much that he keeps making the same rookie mistakes in the playoffs.

If his next contract has him accepting a pay cut to help the team, then I'll say he actually cares and isn't just looking for more payday.
What an awful take.

What QB, other than a a guy on his fifth contract, married to a billionaire, takes a pay cut?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak always says the right things but his mouth writes checks his arse can't cash.
Dak is great when he is leading and able to bully a bad team but when resistance and pressure put him in a fight he mentally folds.
Absolutely not true. We all know wins/losses are a team game, but let's attribute such wins/losses against Dak.
Dak actually has the 8th best winning record against .500+ teams vs his QB peers career records.

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/active-nfl-quarterback-records-against-winning-teams/

Since entering the NFL in 2016, Dak Prescott is 22-25 (.468) against teams that finished the season with a winning record.

In 2022, Dak Prescott was 4-1 (.800) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

Lions (win)
Vikings (win)
Giants (win)
Jaguars (loss)
Eagles (win)

In 2021, Dak Prescott was 5-4 (.555) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

Buccaneers (loss)
Chargers (win)
Eagles (win)
Patriots (win)
Chiefs (loss)
Raiders (loss)
Saints (win)
Cardinals (loss)
Eagles (win)

In 2020, Dak Prescott was 0-3 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

Rams (loss)
Seahawks (loss)
Browns (loss)

In 2019, Dak Prescott was 2-6 (.250) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

Saints (loss)
Packers (loss)
Eagles (win)
Vikings (loss)
Patriots (loss)
Bills (loss)
Rams (win)
Eagles (loss)

In 2018, Dak Prescott was 3-4 (.428) against winning teams as the starting quarterback.

Seahawks (loss)
Texans (loss)
Titans (loss)
Eagles (win)
Saints (win)
Eagles (win)
Colts (loss)

https://sportsandfitnessdigest.com/dak-prescott-record-against-winning-teams/

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman has been a Prescott cheerleader ever since he admitted he was wrong about a player improving his accuracy. Wonder how he feels about accuracy regression?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aikman has been a Prescott cheerleader ever since he admitted he was wrong about a player improving his accuracy. Wonder how he feels about accuracy regression?
I predict he'd say its just one year. If he does it again then yeah those comments will be very interesting from Aikman. Might change his tune to "I Told You So".

phildadon86

Reaction score
Should’ve won it on his rookie deal.
Like Brad Kaaya or Beathard?

We get it. You’d rather draft a QB every 5 years praying we hit on a mahomes. Because they come around so often. Your opinions regarding prospects and football in general are laughable. Remember when parsons was a bad pick? Just sit in the corner already.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Like Brad Kaaya or Beathard?

We get it. You’d rather draft a QB every 5 years praying we hit on a mahomes. Because they come around so often. Your opinions regarding prospects and football in general are laughable. Remember when parsons was a bad pick? Just sit in the corner already.
You’re such a weirdo and don’t understand context so until you do you should probably shut your mouth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You’re such a weirdo and don’t understand context so until you do you should probably shut your mouth.
I’m not the one who needs to shut my mouth. Your comments on here are laughable. And you back them up by saying “oh but other teams didn’t do it so I’m right” you’re not right. They are also not right.