Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not the one who needs to shut my mouth. Your comments on here are laughable. And you back them up by saying “oh but other teams didn’t do it so I’m right” you’re not right. They are also not right.
So sad that a poster cant simply say. "Yah, I blew that one" or "yah you were spot on, nicely done".

They have to lie about it and they think that is saving face. Sad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m not the one who needs to shut my mouth. Your comments on here are laughable. And you back them up by saying “oh but other teams didn’t do it so I’m right” you’re not right. They are also not right.
What’s laughable is your brain trying to comprehend something and even after it’s explained to you it’s still too difficult for you to understand.

Kaaya and Beathard played in pro style systems which is why I said I thought they were more NFL ready than Mahomes.

Mahomes even set out his first year and admitted he couldn’t read an NFL defense until year 3.

So I’m still confident that Kaaya and Beathard were mentally more developed because they played in pro style offenses in college while Mahomes didn’t.

Parsons wasn’t an edge rusher. Had no clue he could do that.

At MLB he lacked instincts and everything was sideways and downhill.

Nobody knew he was going to come into the league, play the edge, and be absolutely dominant doing it.

It was all projected for him to play linebacker and to this day when he plays linebacker he still doesn’t look like anything special at it which is why after we play a team like Green Bay this past season and he’s at linebacker while they rush for 207 yards everyone is asking where was Parsons and why didn’t he do anything.

So I’m not explaining it to you again. Last time.

It’s not my fault that you’re a super fan and Pom Pom when the Jones’s do stupid stuff like paying Dak and Zeke.

I can’t help it that I’m more intelligent then you.

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Says He Didn't Learn to Read Defenses Until Last Year​

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he didn't understand how to read NFL defenses until "halfway through last year."

"I still think there's a long way for me to go there," Mahomes said on The Shop. "And that's where mentally I think I can get better. Physically I feel like I've done a lot of stuff. I always work on the fundamentals and doing that stuff. But I think mentally I can still take my game to a whole another level."

https://syndication.bleacherreport....arn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year.amp.html

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What’s laughable is your brain trying to comprehend something and even after it’s explained to you it’s still too difficult for you to understand.

Kaaya and Beathard played in pro style systems which is why I said I thought they were more NFL ready than Mahomes.

Mahomes even set out his first year and admitted he couldn’t read an NFL defense until year 3.

So I’m still confident that Kaaya and Beathard were mentally more developed because they played in pro style offenses in college while Mahomes didn’t.

Nobody knew he was going to come into the league, play the edge, and be absolutely dominant doing it.

It was all projected for him to play linebacker and to this day when he plays linebacker he still doesn’t look like anything special at it which is why after we play a team like Green Bay this past season and he’s at linebacker while they rush for 207 yards everyone is asking where was Parsons and why didn’t he do anything.

It’s not my fault that you’re a super fan and Pom Pom when the Jones’s do stupid stuff like paying Dak and Zeke.

Or you could just admit you were wrong about it. Much easier.

try it..............."Yah I was wrong about those 3 QB's. The type of offense they played in threw me off"

And your definitely not more intelligent than him. Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Or you could just admit you were wrong about it. Much easier.

try it..............."Yah I was wrong about those 3 QB's. The type of offense they played in threw me off"

And your definitely not more intelligent than him. Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.
No because I make a statement and you guys take it to another planet.

I could say CJ Stroud is more NFL ready than Anthony Richardson which is just common sense but in 2 years if Richardson blows up your brain will be like “CATCH said Stroud was better than Richardso durrrrr”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this quote by Romo gave me that impression too. Left me shaking my head that’s for sure.

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”
I don't think you go from undrafted to one of the best QB's of your time by not caring.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No because I make a statement and you guys take it to another planet.

I could say CJ Stroud is more NFL ready than Anthony Richardson which is just common sense but in 2 years if Richardson blows up your brain will be like “CATCH said Stroud was better than Richardso durrrrr”
Buddy, Mahomes was not only better, but more NFL ready. Parsons could rush the passer already.

Just admit you were wrong. Move on.

If Mayer crashes and burns on the NFL what do you think Im going to do? Deny it? Pretend I didnt like him?

Im going to admit I got it wrong. Not a big deal.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You mean when Romo broke down over time?

The greatest ability is availability.

To be fair there are some players that you wish weren't available if you know what I mean. Kind of like settling for someone because he is available and not trying to improve with an unknown. So not so sure that is true 100% of the time (not throwing Dak in there, just a statement in general, though not a comment about wishing people injured).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Buddy, Mahomes was not only better, but more NFL ready. Parsons could rush the passer already.

Just admit you were wrong. Move on.

If Mayer crashes and burns on the NFL what do you think Im going to do? Deny it? Pretend I didnt like him?

Im going to admit I got it wrong. Not a big deal.
I just posted an article with Mahomes himself saying he couldn’t read a defense lol.

Nobody is debating physical.

I was talking about things like footwork and the ability to read a defense.

There are QBs at the back of the draft that aren’t as talented but are far more mentally ready for the pro game then guys going in the first round.

Stetson Bennett I guarantee can read a defense and is more pro style ready than 95% of the QBs in this draft class.

He may go undrafted…

phildadon86

Reaction score

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Says He Didn't Learn to Read Defenses Until Last Year​

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he didn't understand how to read NFL defenses until "halfway through last year."

"I still think there's a long way for me to go there," Mahomes said on The Shop. "And that's where mentally I think I can get better. Physically I feel like I've done a lot of stuff. I always work on the fundamentals and doing that stuff. But I think mentally I can still take my game to a whole another level."

https://syndication.bleacherreport....arn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year.amp.html
I see a lot of not being able to admit you were wrong. Hence why I keep calling you out. Anyone who watched the cotton bowl knew what Parsons was. He fell because of perceived character issues due to reports of hazing and because he sat out the covid year. That’s it. You can’t just say I blew that call. You need to justify it and then try and say you’re more intelligent than me. No need to go personal. You suck at football analysis. It’s ok. See. Not hard to not go personal. You just have narcissistic tendencies and can’t admit you’re wrong. Have fun with that in life.

PS. On no planet those 2 QBs were better than mahomes at anything. Regardless of the style of football they played. Grow up

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I see a lot of not being able to admit you were wrong. Hence why I keep calling you out. Anyone who watched the cotton bowl knew what Parsons was. He fell because of perceived character issues due to reports of hazing and because he sat out the covid year. That’s it. You can’t just say I blew that call. You need to justify it and then try and say you’re more intelligent than me. No need to go personal. You suck at football analysis. It’s ok. See. Not hard to not go personal. You just have narcissistic tendencies and can’t admit you’re wrong. Have fun with that in life.

PS. On no planet those 2 QBs were better than mahomes at anything. Regardless of the style of football they played. Grow up
Admit I was wrong about something I was right about?

You still don’t get it do you lol.

Let me ask you something…

Can a coach who is an expert at reading a defense but absolutely suck at playing football know more about reading a defense than Mahomes who admittedly said he couldn’t read a defense?

Or does Mahomes know more than the coach because he can actually play the position?

Now that you hopefully see how flawed your logic is please shut your mouth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Admit I was wrong about something I was right about?

You still don’t get it do you lol.

Let me ask you something…

Can a coach who is an expert at reading a defense but absolutely suck at playing football know more about reading a defense than Mahomes who admittedly said he couldn’t read a defense?

Or does Mahomes know more than the coach because he can actually play the position?
You were right about parsons? Lol no you weren’t. Jaylon smith right?

You don’t get it. Mahomes is arguably the most talented QB anyone has ever seen. And you said flat out that 2 guys who can barely crack an nfl roster were better. Let that sink into your thick skull.

Go ahead and tell me you were right about parsons. Go ahead

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You don’t get it. Mahomes is arguably the most talented QB anyone has ever seen. And you said flat out that 2 guys who can barely crack an nfl roster were better. Let that sink into your thick skull.

I said Micah Parsons and Jaylon Smith had the same skill set.

So let me explain what that means since you don’t understand these things.

Jaylon Smiths skill set was playing sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Micah Parsons Skill set was sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Both guys struggled anytime they had to turn and go backwards and cover.

So a middle school kid can have the same skill set as Lamar Jackson…

Does that mean I think the middle school kid is Lamar Jackson? No.

Are you smart enough to understand this?

Parsons had no tape as an edge rusher. We all knew he could blitz but so what.. You going to blitz your middle linebacker all game?

Playing the edge and pass rushing is completely different than being a off ball linebacker and blitzing up the middle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You still don’t understand.. Sad..

Anthony Richardson is more talented than Stetson Bennett.

Stetson Bennett is more NFL ready today than Richardson because he was developed through a pro style offense.

I am fully aware that Richardson is 100x a better prospect lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I said Micah Parsons and Jaylon Smith had the same skill set.

So let me explain what that means since you don’t understand these things.

Jaylon Smiths skill set was playing sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Micah Parsons Skill set was sideline to sideline and coming down hill as a blitzer.

Both guys struggled anytime they had to turn and go backwards and cover.

So a middle school kid can have the same skill set as Lamar Jackson…

Does that mean I think the middle school kid is Lamar Jackson? No.

Are you smart enough to understand this?

Parsons had no tape as an edge rusher. We all knew he could blitz but so what.. You going to blitz your middle linebacker all game?

Playing the edge and pass rushing is completely different than being an off ball linebacker and blitzing up the middle.
Parsons literally played corner one snap in his rookie year better than Wright has in his tenure here. So no. You’re wrong again. Parsons is a unicorn. And anyone who watched the cotton bowl knew that. Just stop