Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Parsons literally played corner one snap in his rookie year better than Wright has in his tenure here. So no. You’re wrong again. Parsons is a unicorn. And anyone who watched the cotton bowl knew that. Just stop
Yep I was so wrong that the Cowboys decided to line him up on the edge and play him at defensive end and tell him to just rush the passer the majority of the time.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is not a shot at Romo - well, maybe a little shot at Romo. But I also think there is truth behind what Aikman is saying. Romo never gave me the impression that winning a Super Bowl was an apex goal for him. I have no doubt he wanted to win, but he just seemed very casual about his role as the Cowboys QB. In some ways he was like Amari Cooper. The talent was there but the dominating competitiveness was was not, or at least that was the impression I got from his demeanor.

Then again, I don't see that fire in Dak either. He has more than Romo but not as much as Aikman or Staubach.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. The repetition is never-ending.

A Dak Prescott thread gets posted. Tony Romo gets introduced into it by involuntary reflex, like blinking. Then it is a classical domino effect, with Romo posts eating up a significant share of the current franchise quarterback's thread.

It is entirely impossible to make this crap up. Romo is STILL more heavily criticized than Prescott. The nonsense is enough to make even Jessica Simpson laugh. From her beach house in Cabo!

CowboysZone:laugh:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep I was so wrong that the Cowboys decided to line him up on the edge and play him at defensive end and tell him to just rush the passer the majority of the time.
My god there is no helping you. Enjoy thinking you’re right. Parsons is arguably one of the best defensive players in the nfl. And you’re still trying to back up that you said he was a bad pick.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I was wrong to think you were smart enough to understand simple things.
Oh and here you go with the personal attacks. Grow up.

You were wrong. Period. And everyone here knows it. You’re just too proud to say it and it makes you look even worse.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Oh and here you go with the personal attacks. Grow up.

You were wrong. Period. And everyone here knows it. You’re just too proud to say it and it makes you look even worse.
Yeah I’m going to personally attack you when you come out of nowhere and repeat the same trash for the million time like a complete bozo who can’t understand things.

From now on when you think I’m wrong ask yourself what I was wrong about and just read what I wrote in the posts above over and over again until it makes sense in your brain.

If Patrick Mahomes himself telling you he couldn’t read a defense for 3 seasons isn’t enough then read it 5 more times.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah I’m going to personally attack you when you come out of nowhere and repeat the same trash for the million time like a complete bozo who can’t understand things.

From now on when you think I’m wrong ask yourself what I was wrong about and just read what I wrote in the posts above over and over again until it makes sense in your brain.

If Patrick Mahomes himself telling you he couldn’t read a defense for 3 seasons isn’t enough then read it 5 more times.
Lol. Where is Brad Kaaya right now?

His ability to read a defense does not make him better than mahomes. Enough with the personal attacks.

Parsons isn’t Jaylon smith. He’s a generational talent. Like I said he was. Period. There’s no discussion. You’re wrong. That’s it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not due to performance; solely injury related. Learn history.
So why didn't any other team pick him up? Performance? The last season (2015) Romo played some games, his passer rating was a 79. He only played in 4 games because his body was breaking down, hence it affected his performance. In 2016, his back broke in preseason, costing him half of the season to heal. He was ready to go by the end of October but this ownership and coaching staff simply didn't and couldn't rely on him. Past performances didn't matter anymore. This was reality here and now. Romo was done. Learn and accept history.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. Where is Brad Kaaya right now?

His ability to read a defense does not make him better than mahomes. Enough with the personal attacks.

Parsons isn’t Jaylon smith. He’s a generational talent. Like I said he was. Period. There’s no discussion. You’re wrong. That’s it.
Ok.. This is where we run into trouble..

See if you scroll up I’ve explained this to you.

Your absolute failure to comprehend is embarrassing.

So scroll up.. Read what I typed out 10 times and maybe you’ll understand.

Please try and be smarter.

You’ve been check mated. Deal with it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol. The repetition is never-ending.

A Dak Prescott thread gets posted. Tony Romo gets introduced into it by involuntary reflex, like blinking. Then it is a classical domino effect, with Romo posts eating up a significant share of the current franchise quarterback's thread.

It is entirely impossible to make this crap up. Romo is STILL more heavily criticized than Prescott. The nonsense is enough to make even Jessica Simpson laugh. From her beach house in Cabo!

CowboysZone:laugh:
Triggered. ^^^^ lol :p

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ok.. This is where we run into trouble..

See if you scroll up I’ve explained this to you.

Your absolute failure to comprehend is embarrassing.

So scroll up.. Read what I typed out 10 times and maybe you’ll understand.

Please try and be smarter.

You’ve been check mated. Deal with it.
Lol. Sure I have. Unlike you. Opinion on here don’t make or break my day. Apparently you can’t admit you’re wrong. Which means you’re someone I can’t discuss things with.

Please try and grow up. You’re childish.

Parsons is a generational football player. You didn’t want him. And hated the pick. Everyone here knows your football knowledge is lacking, as well as your ability to man up and admit mistakes. Pitiful.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. Sure I have. Unlike you. Opinion on here don’t make or break my day. Apparently you can’t admit you’re wrong. Which means you’re someone I can’t discuss things with.

Please try and grow up. You’re childish.

Parsons is a generational football player. You didn’t want him. And hated the pick. Everyone here knows your football knowledge is lacking, as well as your ability to man up and admit mistakes. Pitiful.
Lol it doesn’t make or break your day yet you’ve been interrupting threads for years saying the same thing to me.

So either

1. It does break your day

Or

2. You aren’t smart enough to comprehend what’s been told to you over and over and over

Weirdo

gtb1943

Reaction score
It is not a shot at Romo - well, maybe a little shot at Romo. But I also think there is truth behind what Aikman is saying. Romo never gave me the impression that winning a Super Bowl was an apex goal for him. I have no doubt he wanted to win, but he just seemed very casual about his role as the Cowboys QB. In some ways he was like Amari Cooper. The talent was there but the dominating competitiveness was was not, or at least that was the impression I got from his demeanor.

Then again, I don't see that fire in Dak either. He has more than Romo but not as much as Aikman or Staubach.
Because Romo said losing a football game was not the worst thing that could happen in his life?

This is such an idiotic pile of crap.

For the guy that was playing with a punctured lung and broken ribs.

I find comments like yours frankly disgusting.

gtb1943

Reaction score
So why didn't any other team pick him up? Performance? The last season (2015) Romo played some games, his passer rating was a 79. He only played in 4 games because his body was breaking down, hence it affected his performance. In 2016, his back broke in preseason, costing him half of the season to heal. He was ready to go by the end of October but this ownership and coaching staff simply didn't and couldn't rely on him. Past performances didn't matter anymore. This was reality here and now. Romo was done. Learn and accept history.
and it worked so well didn't it? the dak fanboobs are getting increasingly. desperate as it is now clear to all that Dak never will be an elite QB.
He is a top 10 guy but that is all. The fact that he has not been able to show up vs SF in two straight years in the playoffs pretty much seals the deal

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Triggered. ^^^^ lol :p
True. I do enjoy occasionally proving by example how incorrect anyone's opinion that Prescott has been criticized more than Romo--no matter how unfairly each man has been assessed. The simple fact remains. Prescott's quantity or subjective level of criticism shall never top Romo's as long as Romo keeps getting thrust into the back-and-forth bickering about (drumroll please) Prescott! Virtually EVERY Prescott thread is this scene from the movie UP!:

wVmhyH1.gif

lol

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
He had horrible luck with injuries. His 2016 preseason injury was a horrible timed slide that resulted in a fracture; how often do you see that happen in the league? The Cowboys made a fantastic decision to have Joseph Randle as the starting RB in 2015 and they didn’t have a back that could pass protect. What do you get? Two collarbone fractures. Yeah, Romo didn’t want to win but he came back midseason earlier than he should have to help a 3-7 team fight for a late season run. If Romo comes back and plays against GB in the playoffs, he absolutely wins that game.

Another team didn't pick him up because he retired. Injuries did catch up, but it wasn't because he couldn't be efficient on the field; he couldn't stay on the field, period.

79 QB rating in 2015? Seriously? The 3-1 record? Let's go over it game by game:

Week 1 VS NYG led a game-winning drive
Week 2 @ PHI: fractured collarbone
Week whatever VS MIA: first game back after the fracture and had a mid 80s QB rating, but was a big reason why they won the game
Thanksgiving VS CAR on a short week: horrible performance, re-breaks collarbone and QB rating of 27.2 (the main reason for the 79.1 QB rating)

You can spin it any way you want, but Romo carried the franchise for years when Dallas did NOT have a top OL or mid tier defense, something Dak has had for the majority of his career.