True Crime thread

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One of the best crime shows I’ve seen is On the Case With Paula Zahn. It’s on ID. You can watch all the seasons on Spectrum On Demand. I watched an episode last night from season 18 where 2 teenage girls were abducted and murdered in 1973. DNA led to both killers in 2016.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm actually skeptical of this one. Many have said former Long Island Police Chief James Burke was the guy behind these murders. We've seen cases like the Golden State killer where police obviously know the killer is someone in law enforcement, and don't do the right thing, because they don't want to "tarnish the badge" or cross that proverbial blue line.

We'll see, I guess. Looks like there's still a possibility of two killers here.

https://pix11.com/news/local-news/l...ief-james-burke-unsolved-gilgo-beach-murders/
I think if there was "Law enforcement bias" in the Golden State Killer case it was early while he only still burglarizing.

Once he shot the policeman in the face, I think that went away. But by that time law enforcement wasn't able to connect one series of crimes with another.

Could be more than one LISK, but I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect that was just arrested doesn't end up being connected to all the bodies.

Long Island seems to have had more than their share of serial killers.

They had one in 1959, who ended up killing 3 people, was eventually caught, sent to prison and paroled.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best crime shows I’ve seen is On the Case With Paula Zahn. It’s on ID. You can watch all the seasons on Spectrum On Demand. I watched an episode last night from season 18 where 2 teenage girls were abducted and murdered in 1973. DNA led to both killers in 2016.
Big Paula Zahn fan.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The wife and I have been stuck on a Dateline/48 Hours rabbit hole lately. lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I read this on CNN and thought about this thread. What a weird story.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2023/12/us/johnny-gosch-missing-iowa-boy-cec-cnnphotos/

Something isn't right. I think the mother is lying about the mysterious meeting with her son years later.

But there is some hard evidence linking some of those people to the sick crimes they're accused of, like the former military officer.

But it sounds like some type of satanic cult story to me. Someone is making up something for some reason.

The actual crime itself (and way I think it probably happened) sort of reminds me of that newer horror movie The Black Phone, with Ethan Hawke.

funkytown817

Reaction score
I read this on CNN and thought about this thread. What a weird story.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2023/12/us/johnny-gosch-missing-iowa-boy-cec-cnnphotos/

Something isn't right. I think the mother is lying about the mysterious meeting with her son years later.

But there is some hard evidence linking some of those people to the sick crimes they're accused of, like the former military officer.

But it sounds like some type of satanic cult story to me. Someone is making up something for some reason.

The actual crime itself (and way I think it probably happened) sort of reminds me of that newer horror movie The Black Phone, with Ethan Hawke.
I just read this story and i dont know what to believe.

What i think i know:

• The boy was kidnapped that day. Probably by more than one person.
  • He was probably forced into some type of child trafficking sex ring. Or was he murdered and they never found his body? I dont know.
  • The suspects who the mom believes are involved are sick individuals. But no evidence they are involved with this case
  • I dont believe this Paul character is linked to Johnny. He was a victim and actor in some very disturbing sex abuse with children but no proof he knew Johnny
  • The only thing giving him credibility is the mom. She claims he knew things that people couldnt have known like birth marks, etc. But i'm not convinced he actually knew that stuff
  • The mom is crazy and i don't believe for one second that the son visited her 15 years later. If so, why would she let him leave? As a parent no way i'm letting that happen
  • I dont believe Johnny is alive. This Paul character claims that Johnny has a family of his own and living a life in fear. Its 41 years later and anyone who took him or forced him into that lifestyle would be dead. He would come home and give his parents their sanity back.
  • The police didnt do enough in the beginning or the following years.

This is a strange case.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Hard to believe this crime was over 20 years ago. This guy abducted my great aunt in a mall parking lot, murdered her and then spent time driving around in her car with her body in the trunk. Did it just so he could go on a spending spree with her credit cards. This was really hard on my family, especially my grandmother.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ex...ly-woman-recites-lengthy-psalm-last-statement
Sorry to hear that my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family .
Now the killer met his maker .