CFZ Trying to decode/translate what JJ means by all in

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything that but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Vin Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

What do you think “all in“ in 2024 means?
I think scenario 1 with retaining some of our current free agents is most likely. However, I do think Henry will be a good possibility, along with some other free agents that aren't likely to be splashes but are solid players that fill needs. All in could also mean we're trading for a receiver, lol.

plymkr

Reaction score
I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything that but clear.
Lol, example of Jerry speak:

“Let me be clear, an extension of Dak is toxic masculinity melting the Swiss Alps. A new water source is available to us through this approach and um sometimes um water is needed and always water keeps a person from dehydration. Clearly, um, as specified, we all know Dak is the best chance we have to drink, but um our fans are thirsty and um we need to be sure the Swiss Alps are okay”

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Vin Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

Another great post, BH!

But I’m afraid “all in“ to us is gonna look like a failure salad in a sadness bowl kind of “all in”.

They‘ll like their guys, resign them too, draft from a very low position, and all of them will be skill position players, with little to no attention to the trenches. Another broke TE in the 2nd. RB in the 1st. I have no faith at all. Next season might get ugly quick.

GMO415

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

Bullet, #1 All day, everyday

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

All In as in every player, coach, or staff is expected to excel and produce or else.
Blimey! Accountability!
Lads, if we fail to make the playoffs or it is one and done, All in is a metaphor for heads will roll --- mostly the rich and entitled.
Jerald really means it this time

CCBoy

Reaction score
One time, Jerry threw his resources in on an all in view and put on roster both Deion Sanders and Charles Haley.

• CB Jaylon Johnson
Jaylon Johnson had an overall grade of 90.8 and a coverage grade of 91.0 according to PFF. He also tied for fifth in the league with four INT's. Pairing him with Trevon Diggs and DaRon Bland would be the best CB trio in the entire league, creating a no-fly zone for Dallas' secondary.

Projected contract - 5 yrs, $78,718,435 ($15.7 million annually) - per Spotrac

• DT Chris Jones
Pairing Chris Jones with Micah Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence would give the Cowboys the best pass-rushing trio in the entire league. Jones has 26 QB sacks over the last two seasons alone and his versatility to lineup all across the defensive front would turn Dallas' defense from being good to great.

Projected contract - 3 yrs, $85,450,884 ($28.4 million annually) - per Spotrac

2024 free agency: If Jerry Jones wants to go ‘all-in’ in 2024 here are some possible targets for the Cowboys

That would give the Dallas Cowboys the top secondary in the NFL as well as strongest rushing defensive line in the NFL as well...Jerry wants in, there it is for him and the Cowboys.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the same scenario he has used, lie to the fan base. make as much money as he can. make enough moves to make you guys fall for it.

WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN DOING?

how many years do you guys need? how many years does it take? the board needs to know. this is beyond pathetic.

you know deep down whats going to happen, exactly what i wrote. the players are only names, the same names over the decades used to sell to keep teh fan base giving.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
the same scenario he has used, lie to the fan base. make as much money as he can. make enough moves to make you guys fall for it.

WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN DOING?

how many years do you guys need? how many years does it take? the board needs to know. this is beyond pathetic.

you know deep down whats going to happen, exactly what i wrote. the players are only names, the same names over the decades used to sell to keep teh fan base giving.
Where have you been? We all know how many years its been.. its talked about non-stop.

But school us oh great one *tugs forelock* sorry for being "beyond pathetic" sir.

Thank goodness we have MENSA members such as yourself to make sure we don't fall for it.

You people that like to slag off other fans give me the complete irrits.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Where have you been? We all know how many years its been.. its talked about non-stop.

But school us oh great one *tugs forelock* sorry for being "beyond pathetic" sir.

Thank goodness we have MENSA members such as yourself to make sure we don't fall for it.

You people that like to slag off other fans give me the complete irrits.

what more do you need? are you buying into the all in? while we have no DC and will most likely lose Harris as well?

Do you think the next DC will fill it immediately and ahve all the players he needs in one off season?

do you still beleive in MM?

Do you think that Oline can stand up wtihout being dinged up?

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Trying to think if I've seen 1 person buy into it.. well maybe one or two.. but the other 5000 people.. no

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yes , #1 scenario . He’s already decided to keep MM. And he’s stated he’s basically all in on Dak too. That’s the two most important pieces most critics and fans wanted to change .

I’m sure he’s all in on a few of our Star players as well like Lamb while there is expected to be some Cap casualties . Pollard and Gallup are most certain to be gone . Maybe Tyron. And that’s just on starting offense.

But overall “ All In” to Jethro means he still likes this team. He thinks it’s close . And basically status quo continues .

Bob we know that comfortability is most important to our old fool. 12 win 3 peat playoff team regardless the end result is a good situation for him.

And he seems content in going as Dak goes . Even if that comes up short .

Aven8

Reaction score
When he said all in I made the assumption that it was with the three bigs ones, Dak, Micah, and Lamb. He then said not pushing anything into the future, but this one year. You’re right it was word salad, but he’s been known to do this.

For me personally I would like to see all in, meaning talent brought in all over the place. Just one time to see if it makes a difference. The problem is I don’t see how with Dak’s salary.

I would try to trade a few pieces as well. Martin is on the top of that list.

rambo2

Reaction score

Bucs won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs lost their offensive tackles. Our board claims Brady wasn't good because the Cowboys beat them in the playoffs the next season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything that but clear.

Well, I don't try to decode or translate anything, we just sit and watch because this is the best reality TV show because sports are a giant reality TV show ,as we watch because we don't know what's going to happen. entrainment at its best..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

7db0417a5843467a3594e833470144fdf169d5b9_540_960_82611.jpeg

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry also said there would be accountability and we have yet to see what that means either.

But I think all in means he will finally be a player in the first week of free agency. To me, it means signing a top tier player at a position where Jerry has avoided paying big money. That's DT. But I think what Jerry means by all in is he will sign 1 player to a big contract, but it will be a name everyone knows, not necessarily the best choice at his position. Then Jerry will claim the guy is our saviors and all is well again in Texas. Then he will sign back a few of our FA players.

Or,it could be McKenzie Bernadeau and Nate Livings all over again. Jerry will sign two mid guys instead of 1 impact guy. He will claim the two guys are going to anchor the squad and lead us to better days.

It also means he will extend Dak and probably CeeDee, if CeeDee is willing to sign an extension.

What I am pretty sure it does not mean is Jerry will sign 3 or 4 quality free agents to help this team over the hump.