CFZ Trying to decode/translate what JJ means by all in

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 tier two FA
3 veteran minimum FAs
1 trade (low comp pick for aging vet, on minimum contract of course duhhh)
draft consisting of 1st rd: WR (Wak NEVER has enough weapons), 2nd rd: TE (because, it's a SECOND ROUND TE), 3rd rd: S 4th rd: LB 5th rd: RB 6th rd: DT
7th rd: traded on last day to SF for their 7th rd
Joe Whitt or the French coach as DC

We ALL IN and ready for the 2024 season

Right?:muttley:
Joe Witt has already left with Dan Quinn for Washington.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Vin Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

What do you think “all in“ in 2024 means?
he means nothing. he is appeasing the ticked off fans. he is saying words. he is doing damage control.

what does it mean? he is going to sign a big name FA, a popular name to excite the fans. will that player fit? doesn't matter. its a big name. fans rejoice. he generates hope and wash, rinse, repeat....
then he will sign a bunch of token FA to fill the gaps, maybe a couple of small trades ala Gilmore and Cooks. focus on regular season. put fans in seats. sell merchandise. maybe go to playoffs. lose again and then same promises.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he means nothing. he is appeasing the ticked off fans. he is saying words. he is doing damage control.

what does it mean? he is going to sign a big name FA, a popular name to excite the fans. will that player fit? doesn't matter. its a big name. fans rejoice. he generates hope and wash, rinse, repeat....
then he will sign a bunch of token FA to fill the gaps, maybe a couple of small trades ala Gilmore and Cooks. focus on regular season. put fans in seats. sell merchandise. maybe go to playoffs. lose again and then same promises.
I’m sensing a….what do they call it…a pattern here in Big D. :laugh:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sensing a….what do they call it…a pattern here in Big D. :laugh:
giphy.gif

After exhaustive research and deliberation, analysts have stumbled upon a definitive synopsis of the Jerry Jones' All In offseason plan.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm finding it tougher and tougher to care what the Jones' boys have to say anymore. That's not a knock on your post Bobhaze (excellent post btw), it's just me growing tiresome of their act.

I'm expecting nothing, but will allow that very slim shimmer of hope that I have left with this team, to keep me interested enough under the possibility we could be surprised. I'll be shocked, as in picking up my jaw from the floor kind of shocked, if they go "all in" by it's true definition.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be surprised if it’s anything else. You could argue Scenario 1 also includes the “run it back” mindset of keeping Mike McCarthy.
Jerry means that he is bringing back as much as possible. He’s “All in” on a 2023 Cowboys reboot. We don’t have the front office expertise to do what LA , Tampa, and Philly did.

Brax

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Von Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

All in means,
1 Accountability for everyone except the major players, coaches and family.
2 Holistic approach to everyone except , see 1.
3 Extensions for everyone Jerry deems core players regardless of performance.
4 Selective FA additions at bargain basement prices.
5 Keeping Cowboys relevant by any means possible.
6 Country Club atmosphere with no player or coach accountability.
7 Non stop gibberish pressers to expound on the championship caliber of his team.
8 Extolling extensions, FA signing and draft selection especially the second round injured, druggy or police blotter problem child.
So nothing will really change, see you next year so we can discuss another season of Jerry’s 29 year odyssey of mediocrity doing it his way.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To be simple bob.....nothing!

Jerry doesnt even know, he just says it as part of his sales pitch.
Jerry is a snake oil salesman, and a liar, so it is pointless to try and understand what he means by what he says.
He is also cheapo tightwad, if he brought mike back to avoid paying him his last year to do nothing,. +Bill would cost 20 mil and jones boys are just too cheap to pay that much for a HC. even if the guy has won more SB than any other coach.

This was the time to hire a new HC, and jerry quickly decided to bring back all who would come back.
Dan and one of his asst bailed to wash, they didnt want to come back. I think Dan might have been promised the HC job here in 24
by jerry so dan bailed when that didnt happen. He seemed determined to go elsewhere.

I like that Dan went to Wash, that will make dallas vs wash games interesting again.
Kellen at phil might make those games interesting too.
NOw if only giants would get rid of the idiot daboll and get a good hc, nfc east games would all be fun !
NYG were idiots too ,passing on a bunch of good coaches to keep daboll who is awful.
They will be in the cellar of nfce for near future.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All in means,
1 Accountability for everyone except the major players, coaches and family.
2 Holistic approach to everyone except , see 1.
3 Extensions for everyone Jerry deems core players regardless of performance.
4 Selective FA additions at bargain basement prices.
5 Keeping Cowboys relevant by any means possible.
6 Country Club atmosphere with no player or coach accountability.
7 Non stop gibberish pressers to expound on the championship caliber of his team.
8 Extolling extensions, FA signing and draft selection especially the second round injured, druggy or police blotter problem child.
So nothing will really change, see you next year so we can discuss another season of Jerry’s 29 year odyssey of mediocrity doing it his way.
This is sad yet very accurate.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Jerry is at home with a smile on his face, thinking I bet my fans are wondering what I meant by all in. LOL
Jerry got you again. That sly old perv.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bucs won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs lost their offensive tackles. Our board claims Brady wasn't good because the Cowboys beat them in the playoffs the next season.
The Bucs sucked the year Dallas beat them. Arians retired. They went from 2 to 25 in scoring. And their defense was lights out when TB one. Their defense was a mess going into 2022 season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Our defense was eventually going to implode, when you are constantly refining your skills against Dak as QB. Bland became very good at timing inerrant throws for pick 6s, because he probably saw Dak doing it all the time in practice. But when you play good QBs, that doesn’t happen.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Jerry - "All In"

Cowboys fans and media alike hear this expecting action as a result.

As Bill Parcells would say, "you got sucked"

rambo2

Reaction score
The Bucs sucked the year Dallas beat them. Arians retired. They went from 2 to 25 in scoring. And their defense was lights out when TB one. Their defense was a mess going into 2022 season.
Did they suck this year?