CFZ Trying to decode/translate what JJ means by all in

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bucs won the Super Bowl because the Chiefs lost their offensive tackles. Our board claims Brady wasn't good because the Cowboys beat them in the playoffs the next season.
It’s interesting because Brady wasn’t that great in the 2020 playoffs except for the SB game. In the NFC championship game, he threw 3 int’s and was rescued by the Bucs great defense. Brady was still good, but he was not what he had been for so many years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Vin Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

What do you think “all in“ in 2024 means?
It actually means nothing. He uses this phrasing to get fans to believe, that's all.

kskboys

Reaction score
Listening to a Jerry Jones presser requires the ability to try and make sense out of a word salad that frankly doesn’t usually make much sense. I couldn’t count how many times I’ve listened to him speak and thought, “What is he saying?” I find it quite humorous how often the man says, “Let me be clear“, followed by sentences that are anything but clear.

So in the aftermath of Jerry’s most recent run on sentence extravaganza this week, all most of us could translate from that Jones goulash was that Jerry is now proclaiming that in the upcoming 2024 season, he’s “All in”. (Making me and many others wonder, “I thought we were all in this past season”)

Here are some possible decoded Jones translations to what that “all in” statement actually means:
  • Scenario 1: In this scenario “all in“ simply means that Jerry is planning to make new contractual arrangements with the players he believes are the centerpieces of talent here. A new contract for Cedee Lamb, Micah Parsons, and (to the dismay and anger for many here) an extension for Dak Prescott. He already has several other big names already nailed down like Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence. He would sprinkle in some new draft picks, and a couple of mid-level FAs. The scary thing to me about this scenario is JJs long standing habit of “running it back” with teams of players that haven’t really done much of anything in the playoffs. Is the next year bound to somehow be the magic number?

• Scenario 2: The LA Rams and Tampa Bay models from 2020 and 2021. The Bucs behind their aggressive GM Jason Licht in 2020 threw an all in roster around Tom Brady, traded for some big name players like Leonard Fournette, and pushed a lot of cap chips to the center of the table on FAs, especially on defense. They won the SB. In 2021, Rams GM Les Snead got uber aggressive trading QB Jared Goff and some draft picks to Detroit in exchange for Matt Stafford. They also traded for star LB Vin Miller with Denver, traded for CB Jalen Ramsey, and were also aggressive in FA, signing guys like S Eric Weddle and WR Odell Beckham. They won the SB in 2021. In this scenario, it’s a philosophy of “Who cares about tomorrow, we’re going for it today.” To do something like this, it would also probably require trading Dak for picks (which I would be for)

• Scenario 3: I would call this the aggressive young roster “all in”. Trade Dak, get some picks, roll with Trey Lance, draft a QB in round 1 and use the other extra picks to bring a large infusion of young talent along with some sprinkled in medium level FAs. If they could draft a good RB in round 2-4 that could play immediately, add some OL talent that could bring back a running game, young talent at LB, they could possibly have a year similar to what the packers and lions had this year where they got better as the year went on and actually have a bright future.
I‘m sure there are other scenarios for “all in”. These just seemed the easiest to conceive. Of all these options I listed, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd scenarios. If I were to guess which one we will actually see, it will probably be the first scenario which is basically what Jerry always does. He believes in his own talent too much.

Actually, I don't believe Jerry is capable of anything but #1. He would have no idea how.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He'll probably pick up that piece of trash Odell and think he's all in. you guys will love it and will be back on the super bowl wagon.

smh, good day.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s interesting because Brady wasn’t that great in the 2020 playoffs except for the SB game. In the NFC championship game, he threw 3 int’s and was rescued by the Bucs great defense. Brady was still good, but he was not what he had been for so many years.
That's why he was smart enough to go to a team w/ a really good D.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My middle school English teacher would have sent Jerry back to grade school for poor sentence structure.
Jerry's "All in" and circling the drain.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Clearly #1

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Let me be clear, lol I don't get it either Haze as he reassures us that he's telling the truth or something lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Great post Bob. Scenario 1 is the most likely as Stephens job of managing the salary cap will prevent the other 2 scenario’s. However, they will try and fill holes with tier 2 free agents. And then there’s the draft where they usually do very well. Let’s face it, they have a lot of holes to fill mostly on the defensive side. LB’s and DT’s. Scenario 2 is the only way to fix that but I don’t think they will do that. Whatever they do, we’ll find out soon enough in March.

Unfortunately, this thread has turned into another pity party thread for the usual haters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the interesting part is trying to find one player one side of the ball that's blowing up games for us when we all see this I mean teams picked up Tom Brady in that situation but we watched Matthew Stafford throw 20 interceptions two of them in the Super bowl and somehow his team walked out with a Lombardi no one blamed him for the two interceptions their team just picked him up you have to be able to play all three phases and you have to have coaches to adjust and dig themselves out of these holes when they happen this is a team sport it will always be a team sport and whatever all it means it just needs to be an overall philosophy on doing whatever it takes from the front office to the person booking transportation and locker room stuff I mean literally things just need to go right with a little luck sprinkled in...

I just find it ironic that they go back and talk about you know we were down big before halftime against the Packers and they blame Prescott for the two interceptions even though we go breakdown the interceptions one truly bad decisions one of them there was a pass interference that should have been called over the back through the receiver it wasn't called no big deal where you said the rest making mistakes but I'm tired of blaming Prescott also the other one they weren't on the same page Prescott let the ball go he thought lamb was gonna break inside for that ball and instead took his route up field it happens but we all got to witness the 49ers getting the same type of hole the problem with the Cowboys it's their defense did not make any stops at all in this game gave up too many touchdowns they gave up 21 straight points out of the halftime they had no shot at coming back....​

So if you just look at the interceptions or when a player fumbles or make some mistake gives up a big play it doesn't matter if you still have sufficient time on the clock to dig yourself out the Cowboys as a team just didn't get it done they didn't make adjustments they didn't call the right schemes and play calls they didn't execute it just didn't work for us but yet you just watch it work for other teams...

So that's what we need all in philosophy everyone being accountable but doing all they can no matter the situation in a game to do everything they can to come out with a win.....

Not just beat up on bad teams I mean I saw this in last year's playoffs you saw Josh Allen have nearly 4 turnovers and they won a game you literally saw the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence have 4 interceptions in a game and they win how is that possible when around here they think of a quarterback doesn't play perfect the game is over and it's all on him....

I've saw Troy Aikman throw plenty of interceptions or make plenty of mistakes including one of the Super bowls that we talked about the first half they were down like 13-7 because of Troy Aikman throwing a critical interception he wasn't playing well at all throwing balls all over the place and they have a great run game and a great defense and a great coaching staff and they bailed Troy out...

So, I'm tired of hearing where the blame should be and this is really from top to bottom if you want to win a championship you have to pick each other up all season and in the biggest moments step up and try to do your job at the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else don't worry about the score just go do your damn job...

I think that's the problem around here lots of people played hero ball on defense just trying to go make the big sack the big interception the big fumble and also guys maybe on offense breaking off their route trying to go deep and doing something more than they should have on a play that's the problem around here recently from my observation that needs to change...​
So all in to me it's just that remind them of accountability and having your coach on a one year deal maybe even withholding the extension from Prescott could say a lot it's like go show me that you want it and maybe 2 liters can get that resonated to the rest of the guys....​
It will be interesting seeing what Jerry does probably at least starting in March the new year I mean I don't know when free agency starts in April and just see what he does early on we have no clue on what he means by all in.​
I mean if I remember from what he said he literally says he's not gonna worry about the salary cap as much or getting players say in the draft like you did last draft that were more building for the future project type role players future starters and I think even in the draft to be going for the best player available the stud on the board no matter his position you're going after day one starters in the draft and being a little more aggressive in free agency could be all in in his mind but he did say he's not going to be worrying about the future when building this team for 2024.​

starfan1

Reaction score
One time, Jerry threw his resources in on an all in view and put on roster both Deion Sanders and Charles Haley.

• CB Jaylon Johnson
Jaylon Johnson had an overall grade of 90.8 and a coverage grade of 91.0 according to PFF. He also tied for fifth in the league with four INT's. Pairing him with Trevon Diggs and DaRon Bland would be the best CB trio in the entire league, creating a no-fly zone for Dallas' secondary.

Projected contract - 5 yrs, $78,718,435 ($15.7 million annually) - per Spotrac

• DT Chris Jones
Pairing Chris Jones with Micah Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence would give the Cowboys the best pass-rushing trio in the entire league. Jones has 26 QB sacks over the last two seasons alone and his versatility to lineup all across the defensive front would turn Dallas' defense from being good to great.

Projected contract - 3 yrs, $85,450,884 ($28.4 million annually) - per Spotrac

2024 free agency: If Jerry Jones wants to go ‘all-in’ in 2024 here are some possible targets for the Cowboys

That would give the Dallas Cowboys the top secondary in the NFL as well as strongest rushing defensive line in the NFL as well...Jerry wants in, there it is for him and the Cowboys.
this would be sooooo good and soo unlike jerry since the very example you provided. While we dont have Troy aikman I thing something like this along with hitting on a LB would be enough to push this team over the edge.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry saying all in = complete lie. They haven't gone all in since stephen jones took on a bigger role the last few years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Great post Bob. Scenario 1 is the most likely as Stephens job of managing the salary cap will prevent the other 2 scenario’s. However, they will try and fill holes with tier 2 free agents. And then there’s the draft where they usually do very well. Let’s face it, they have a lot of holes to fill mostly on the defensive side. LB’s and DT’s. Scenario 2 is the only way to fix that but I don’t think they will do that. Whatever they do, we’ll find out soon enough in March.

Unfortunately, this thread has turned into another pity party thread for the usual haters.
keep hope alive.

good day

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry: Uh, let me be clear about it, uh, I am with the whole team. We have been at the rim all year, uh, getting there.
Jethro: Uh, what Daddy means is we, uh, you know, a basketball, you know, and, uh, the more we play, the closer, you know, the team, gets closer, uh...
Jerry: The rim! Quick, son, grab the rim...
Jethro: Uh, it's real slippery...I got it!!
Jerry: That ain't the rim son...