Trysten Hill is not a bust

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Way too early for that label.

However, I haven't liked the criticisms of him out of college.

Doesn't take to coaching well. Doesn't "love" football. Raw talent, but lazy in practice.

That's what they said about David Irving. Randy Gregory had all sorts of red flags. I'm tired of bringing in risky guys like this with high picks.

Juan Thornhill was sitting there, begging to be taken. And we go take a flier like this.....?

Except Hill has no history of drug use unlike your two other comparison.

The lazy and uncoachable label was put on him because he did not like the coaching then scheme change they put on him in his last season. Not exactly what the generic description implies.

And of course your pet cat wasn't chosen so you dislike the pick. Always happens every year: people fixate on a pick then complain when that low percentage chance doesn't happen.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He played 31 snaps which was most at DT . The non starters averaged about 27 .

So Hill took a little more than the average snaps and was reportedly gassed or just lazy.

37 snaps is about a 58% load. That's about what Woods played last year.

On the bright side, that's more load than he likely play each week, but it shouldn't be more than he can handle in a game, and with injuries he may have to play that some weeks.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I used to use this site so much more but seems like there’s hardly ever “insight” just a bunch of threads trying to be first to say they “got it right” which means incessant negativity. Nobody asks you to cheerlead but it’s always same 10 guys that pile on if you have ANYTHING nice to say about a guy lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to use this site so much more but seems like there’s hardly ever “insight” just a bunch of threads trying to be first to say they “got it right” which means incessant negativity. Nobody asks you to cheerlead but it’s always same 10 guys that pile on if you have ANYTHING nice to say about a guy lol
:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And you know that he won’t be that type of player how? I guess we should take your internet GM word over the actual coaches that have years of experience over you.
I could explain, but you wouldn't care...I'm sure. Time will tell.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Where are all these threads calling Hill a bust?

I was going to ask the same thing. I’ve read plenty of threads not liking the pick. Plenty of “haven’t done anything in camp” and plenty of he was invisible last Saturday night, but I don’t think I have read anyone let alone multiple people/post calling him a bust.

Maybe I missed them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
take a look at his size vs others
try to remember cwilliams in the beginning of preseason last year vs. this year
Good comparison. Different style used in college compared to being required in the pros. It takes time to change what they've been used to doing.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Way too early for that label.

However, I haven't liked the criticisms of him out of college.

Doesn't take to coaching well. Doesn't "love" football. Raw talent, but lazy in practice.

That's what they said about David Irving. Randy Gregory had all sorts of red flags. I'm tired of bringing in risky guys like this with high picks.

Juan Thornhill was sitting there, begging to be taken. And we go take a flier like this.....?

.......and it sounds like Thornhill has been tearing it up in camp for the Chiefs and looking really good.