Trysten Hill is not a bust

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
.......and it sounds like Thornhill has been tearing it up in camp for the Chiefs and looking really good.
This is why some of us get upset because we could have had Thornhill at Safety. Instead, we drafted a struggling Trysten Hill (0 tackles, 0 pressures, 0 sacks) who got outplayed in their 1st preseason game by undrafted rookie Ricky Walker (3 tackles, 0 pressures, 0 sacks).

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is why some of us get upset because we could have had Thornhill at Safety. Instead, we drafted a struggling Trysten Hill (0 tackles, 0 pressures, 0 sacks) who got outplayed in their 1st preseason game by undrafted rookie Ricky Walker (3 tackles, 0 pressures, 0 sacks).

Yeah, I definitely get it. I'm not one of these fans calling Hill a bust yet, but, I would have MUCH rather picked a safety there.

Pharoah

Reaction score
I game not enough to determine bust. But u cheated Walker on one QB hit and 1 tfl

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I game not enough to determine bust. But u cheated Walker on one QB hit and 1 tfl
I'm not one of those calling Trysten a bust, just not happy with his 0 production compared to undrafted rookie Ricky Walker who actually played very well. Apologies for not giving Walker credit for 1 QB hit and 1 tackle for loss. My source was Yahoo Sports. They under-informed.

waldoputty

Reaction score

dl > db
and if u want to compare hill with walker, so my questions are:
1. when did walker play
2. who did walker play against - we know hill played against 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team
3. how many plays did walker get

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
dl > db
and if u want to compare hill with walker, so my questions are:
1. when did walker play
2. who did walker play against - we know hill played against 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team
3. how many plays did walker get
Rewatch the game.

supermanonsteroids

Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2017-08-25-at-10.36.05-AM-832x447.png

Zeke looking thick solid and tight! Natural form, thick build. love the fluidity. Solid build bro.

Go Zeeke!!!

Pharoah

Reaction score
Hill played a few more snaps vs better comp but the majority was apples to apples. I dont think Hill would have been in the game and had as many snaps if he had success. It was a good coaching move to give him extra opportunities to have some success.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm not going to do your homework for you. I know what I'm talking about. Do you?

you mean like when you claimed 44% of the 2nd round picks worked out
and you did not even know crawford was a 3rd round pick
are you even a cowboys fan?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you mean like when you claimed 44% of the 2nd round picks worked out
and you did not even know crawford was a 3rd round pick
are you even a cowboys fan?
Some other poster included Crawford as a 2nd rounder. I simply replied to him, which I'm sure you realized with a comment afterwards, but I'm sure you're acting ignorant.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Some other poster included Crawford as a 2nd rounder. I simply replied to him, which I'm sure you realized with a comment afterwards, but I'm sure you're acting ignorant.

yes so you admit you do not even know crawford was not a 2nd rounder.
and you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to % of players that work out and how long it takes.
then you freak out after the 1st preseason game.
and you say you know what you are talking about.
are you kidding me???

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yes so you admit you do not even know crawford was not a 2nd rounder.
and you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to % of players that work out and how long it takes.
then you freak out after the 1st preseason game.
and you say you know what you are talking about.
are you kidding me???
I stand by my 44%, plus I gave you accurate stats on Trysten Hill: 0!!! Count em... 0 tackles, 0 QB pressures, 0 sacks and 0 assisted tackles. Many of those against the same 3rd stringers Ricky Walker was playing against. Pathetic for a 2nd rounder, but you're ecstatic??? Smh

BermyStar

Reaction score
I keep seeing threads and posts about Hill being a bust.
Now this is the usual crap from the sky is falling and the Debbie downers, and the usuals that do not like anything.

But to listen to the team, they are are happy with his play and his progress. They liked his never give up attitude and the power the shows. They thought he had a good effort and game against SF. Garrett did say he need to learn still. But they like his progress and he looks the player that knew they drafted.

One PS game and the guy did not have 17 sacks like fans want, so now he is the next player such as LVE was last year, labeled a bust. Typical crap.

I signed in just to say thank you. What you've stated here is a big part of the reason I don't post much here or on another Cowboys site I once frequented. It started to feel like I was surrounded by people that hated the team and the players they claimed to love. Half of em in love with Jaylon and LVE now, but shovelled trash on their names until they proved them wrong. There are a few real fans here though so that's off to you and the real Cowboy fans. Keep fighting these posers.

kskboys

Reaction score
DT is prolly the most important position on the DL. I was OK w/ taking a shot on a guy in the 2nd like Hill. He wasn't who I would've taken, but OK. Thing is, he's very raw, and we knew that. So it's going to take a while until we know what we have w/ him. No point in arguing about it at this point, way too soon to know much of anything yet.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I stand by my 44%, plus I gave you accurate stats on Trysten Hill: 0!!! Count em... 0 tackles, 0 QB pressures, 0 sacks and 0 assisted tackles. Many of those against the same 3rd stringers Ricky Walker was playing against. Pathetic for a 2nd rounder, but you're ecstatic??? Smh

there is a very simple reason why i asked you who walker played against and how much did he played.
it is because we should know whether hill was tired out against the 1st team and 2nd team.
rookies typically get tired after a relatively low number of plays.

44% success when you have lee, dlaw, jaylon, chido - that is 4 out of 9 already.
then the remaining is carter, escobar, gregory, cwilliams and hill
cwilliams was a starter last year and likely a starter this year with the weight
that makes it 5 multi year starters out of 9 - that is over 50%
escobar is the total failure.
gregory contributed in 18 and we still have 2 years of cheap salary
carter was a starter with dallas and starter else where.
that is how people grade draft picks - do you get multi year starters.
you were given the statistics and the cowboys are well above average
so now you want to write off hill after his 1st preseason game.
i am taking the trouble to give you the well proven stats over more ten years of draft results across the nfl for drafting multi year starters
and any idiot should be able to see the cowboys do very well compared to the norm for 2nd round picks.
as even an idiot with iq of 90 should be able to read that the average success of dl at 2nd round is 26%
although the 2 idiots i had to ignore may have iq below 80 so they probably lack the ability to understand that.
those are odds of getting a starter in the dl in the 2nd round.
why? because dl is more critical than dbs and it is harder to get them.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015...e-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round
1st Round - OL (83%) LB (70%) TE (67%) DB (64%) QB (63%) WR (58%) RB (58%) DL (58%)
2nd Round - OL (70%) LB (55%) TE (50%) WR (49%) DB (46%) QB (27%) DL (26%) RB (25%)
3rd Round - OL (40%) TE (39%) LB (34%) DL (27%) WR (25%) DB (24%) QB (17%) RB (16%)
4th Round - DL (37%) TE (33%) OL (29%) LB (16%) WR(12%) DB (11%) RB (11%) QB (8%)
5th Round - TE (32%) DB (17%) WR (16%) OL (16%) DL (13%) RB (9%) LB (4%) QB (0%)
6th Round - TE (26%) OL (16%) DL (13%) WR (9%) DB (8%) RB (6%) LB (5%) QB (0%)
7th Round - DB (11%) OL (9%) QB (6%) WR (5%) DL (3%) LB (2%) RB (0%) TE (0%)

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I keep seeing threads and posts about Hill being a bust.
Now this is the usual crap from the sky is falling and the Debbie downers, and the usuals that do not like anything.

But to listen to the team, they are are happy with his play and his progress. They liked his never give up attitude and the power the shows. They thought he had a good effort and game against SF. Garrett did say he need to learn still. But they like his progress and he looks the player that knew they drafted.

One PS game and the guy did not have 17 sacks like fans want, so now he is the next player such as LVE was last year, labeled a bust. Typical crap.
Way too early to make any real adjudications on the kid!