Trysten Hill: What Do Inactive Mean?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No. That’s the IVEY dance. But it might as well have been for Hill too.
He invested a lot in Hill. From going and spending time with him in a hotel lobby on Hill's birthday to camp and OTAs.

He is likely to be Marinelli's heirloom gift to the organization.

He pretty much looks like the rose bushes left to Charlie Babbitt at this point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
“I didn’t even know that this existed, that you only dress 46 and not all 53,” Hill said. “I didn’t even know what being ‘inactive’ was.”

----
VkVxgu0.gif

So, honest question here, you came up with the post title "What DO inactive mean" on your own?

Because either his grammar is far better than you're giving him credit for, or yours is that bad.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So, honest question here, you came up with the post title "What DO inactive mean" on your own?

Because either his grammar is far better than you're giving him credit for, or yours is that bad.
LOL, that's a reference to only the greatest RB to directly replace Emmitt Smith!

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
LOL, that's a reference to only the greatest RB to directly replace Emmitt Smith!

I'm unfamiliar with whom you are referring. That said, Emmitt, as great as he was on the field, was not the most eloquent speaker.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. A few minutes. I've followed for 45 years. He was quoted, accurately, one would assume, and seemed to speak intelligently.

One wonders where the "do" comes from.

How do you feel about trading Dexter Coakley for a 1st in the 2020 draft?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys rookie defender did not know what being inactive means. He knows now.
1 hour ago

jrswsn9prtjvyirg3fsk.jpg

by Mac Engel

FRISCO

Trysten Hill did not see it coming, because he did not even know the term existed.

The Dallas Cowboys rookie defensive tackle from Central Florida was unaware that there existed a possibility he would not at least suit up for the season opener against the New York Giants.

He said he was told of the Cowboys decision to make him inactive for the opener on Sunday, the day of the game, hours before kickoff. That’s a fairly standard procedure for the inactive players.

“I didn’t even know that this existed, that you only dress 46 and not all 53,” Hill said. “I didn’t even know what being ‘inactive’ was.”

Safe to say he knows now.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article234991837.html

----
VkVxgu0.gif
Roddle

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enlighten me.
It is a long time running joke.

LB Darren Hambrick once said on camera "What do voluntary mean?" when the media questioned him about missing voluntary off-season practices.

Note: It was LB Darren not his brother Troy that made the original statement.

There is another long running joke about trading Coakley for "fill in the blank". This started in the later years of Coakley's time with the Cowboys because people kept posting stupid trade ideas that all seemed to involve trading Coakley.

If you follow the Texas Rangers baseball team there is a long running joke about one time manager also known in the media as "the old school brotha" for his statement 'That's how baseball go".

Long running joke is probably not the best description of these axioms but I'm not sure what you call them. Maybe inside joke is a better description.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
It is a long time running joke.

LB Darren Hambrick once said on camera "What do voluntary mean?" when the media questioned him about missing voluntary off-season practices.

Note: It was LB Darren not his brother Troy that made the original statement.

There is another long running joke about trading Coakley for "fill in the blank". This started in the later years of Coakley's time with the Cowboys because people kept posting stupid trade ideas that all seemed to involve trading Coakley.

If you follow the Texas Rangers baseball team there is a long running joke about one time manager also known in the media as "the old school brotha" for his statement 'That's how baseball go".

Long running joke is probably not the best description of these axioms but I'm not sure what you call them. Maybe inside joke is a better description.

I might have believed that about Hambrick!

I was a big Coakley fan. Don't remember the running trade theme tho. Seems there is always someone everyone wants to trade.

Speaking of...I really thought we might get some idea about Taco by now