Trysten Hill

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Yes.

But that's the point.

The would, stupid, ridiculous, infuriating, point.

This team doesn't.

Despite how it continues to haunt them, hurt them, and ultimately get them bounced from the playoffs. They keep sticking with the same failed plan.
Total move out of necessity because Marinelli convinced the team they could get by with slop at the 1T. Then when some guys sucked and we had injuries (Paea), they had no choice.

Like you, it's perplexing they keep this guy around. His effectiveness has run it's course.

I had high hopes when the cowboys signed Covington but was disappointed when i read
That he lost thirty pounds and he hen I saw how poorly he played during the niners game. Once again , the cowboys had several opportunities to upgrade the one tech in the later rounds with players like Daylon Mack,Dontavius Russell,Renell Wren,Demarcus Christmas,and Albert Huggins yet choosing to pass on everyone of those players. However the cowboys drafted rico gathers in the sixth round and kept him on the roster for almost four years while he did almost nothing.i remember cz homers claimed the cowboys would be fine with Brian Price,Richard Ash and Jihad Ward at dt last season and none of them made the final roster

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I think Marinelli retires after this year and leaves someone holding the bag on Hill. Then you will see Jerry, Stephen, Will and maybe Richard having to apologize for him. You know, like they are doing for Charlton now.
God I hope Rod retires after this season. It would be hilarious if the cowboys draft a 330 pound dt after Rod leaves and people at cowboys zone started hyping said dt

Reaction score
And out of that list of 9 from the last 9 years of 2nd round draft picks, 3 of them have been either total busts, let go or unable to get on the field and perform up to their draft status for whatever reason (Escobar, Carter, Gregory), 1 has never had 1 full healthy season (Lee), 1 has been drastically overpaid for the average contributions he has performed on the field (Crawford), and the remaining 4 are still working to write their own stories while wearing the star on their helmets.

That leaves you batting 0.444444 at best with the last 9 years' worth of 2nd round picks (9 total picks). Doesn't sound too good to be thumping your chest and bragging about, does it? Plus, like I said before, that's not including the previous 5+ years of 2nd round picks that were total duds! :confused:

Wanna try again? :facepalm:

:popcorn:
Lolololololol. The only true bust on this list is Escobar! Gregory is still to be determined. You get Nothing! You lose! Good day Sir!

Sydla

Reaction score
I had high hopes when the cowboys signed Covington but was disappointed when i read
That he lost thirty pounds and he hen I saw how poorly he played during the niners game. Once again , the cowboys had several opportunities to upgrade the one tech in the later rounds with players like Daylon Mack,Dontavius Russell,Renell Wren,Demarcus Christmas,and Albert Huggins yet choosing to pass on everyone of those players. However the cowboys drafted rico gathers in the sixth round and kept him on the roster for almost four years while he did almost nothing.i remember cz homers claimed the cowboys would be fine with Brian Price,Richard Ash and Jihad Ward at dt last season and none of them made the final roster

They yo-yo’d Crawford’s weight too, if I recall.

They had him lose a ton of weight to play DE and then started playing him as an undersized DT during the season.

This franchise just needs to rid itself of Marinelli soon.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Multiple media have said he is their pick as the "Star" performer in training camp this year. It the 1st year he had remained healthy in camp (Rumors are that they finally found the correct shoes/orthotic(s) for him).

He has been the most underrated player on the team the past few years. The injuries and being forced to play 1-tech too often (most of 2017) have limited him but he is a terrific 3-tech when healthy.
I'm with you on Collins.

When truly healthy and playing his proper position I love what we get out of him. If the feet are finally healed I think he will blow up this year.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Collins will have a decent year and then bolt in free agency since they won't be able to afford him. They drafted Hill to be his replacement so Hill will be safe for a long time. There won't be much pressure for Hill to do much this season

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They drafted Hill to be his replacement so Hill will be safe for a long time. There won't be much pressure for Hill to do much this season
The second 3-tech DT is a key position and plays a lot of snaps.

They play both DTs as 3-techs in many obvious passing situations.

They play a 3-tech type player at 1-tech when they expect pass but a run is a reasonable possibility.

With 200% total for 2 DT positions, they play something similar to:
Starting 1-tech: 65%
Starting 3-tech: 65%
Second 3-tech type player: 40%
4th DT: 30%

kskboys

Reaction score
They yo-yo’d Crawford’s weight too, if I recall.

They had him lose a ton of weight to play DE and then started playing him as an undersized DT during the season.

This franchise just needs to rid itself of Marinelli soon.
Marinelli has a great knack for getting players to play hard, but his ideas are simply nutty. He is terrible selecting personnel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup. PO's me constantly. Marinelli simply doesn't comprehend personnel.