News: TS: Cowboys Have Reportedly Inquired About WR Brandin Cooks Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Actually, they do know what they are doing.
I'm gonna give you a like and not take the bait.

Thanks though.

Plenty of others to have football conversations with around here.

I dont come here to argue.

The sky is actually probably purple. Debate that with someone else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That could be....and we are all just speculating....but he was clearly upset over the Cooper thing in November.

I dont recall him publicly getting nuts over Gregory and his weed suspensions.
He didn’t…which I found wierd…I really don’t get why he got so sour on Amari….I'm not against it…just seems like it came out of nowhere.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I'd be real interested to see how his numbers compare to the elites over the last 7 years, while he's had 6 1k seasons. Has to be top 10 no?

Thats not a proper standard to define his value, because you’re not paying him for his 2015 season. You’re paying him for what you’ve seen of him and what you project he’ll give you over the next 5 years of the deal he signed. At no point since he came to Dallas has he been consider a top 5 guy. In Fact, his career numbers are eeerily similar to Brandin Cooks. Lots of 1000 yard seasons, but 1200 yards is foreign language to him. Gets 2-3 monster games a year and then just kinda costs by with 40-yard games the rest of the season. Doesn’t do double digit TDs, doesn’t do 100-catches, he’s just a good solid tweener. Will make the occasional pro bowl, and that’s worth 20m a year now.

By the “well, since 2014….” metric, he’s 5-6 times the receiver Ja’Marr Chase is. Tyreek Hill hasn’t been around long enough to get as many 1000 yard seasons as Amari, neither has Deebo, neither has Cooper. What does that mean, he’s better than all of them?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No question........ZERO to due with salary. Something some fans/posters are overlooking is the March 20th drop-dead deadline before his 2022 salary would become guaranteed. We have to remember several teams were interested but ONLY the Browns were willing to pay/guarantee $40M of the $60M he had left on his contract.

BTW......Keep in mind Lamb is up for a new deal in a couple of years. They need to know if he can be the guy. Kinda hard if you're having to feed Armari. So I'm sure that was part of why he's not here but the biggest reason is he got stuck in Jerry's doghouse.
Yeah we all kind of speculated that they'd chose Gallup over Amari when the time came. They structured his contract to do so. Hell most fans on this site wanted it to happen...I'm very shocked by the reaction people had to that move.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah we all kind of speculated that they'd chose Gallup over Amari when the time came. They structured his contract to do so. Hell most fans on this site wanted it to happen...I'm very shocked by the reaction people had to that move.
Ya know I wonder if the draft were held before FA if they would have signed Cooper once Lamb slipped.

I'm just dumbfounded as to why so many don't want to give the guy a shot as the lead guy at WR.

Dropsies are fixable.

I desperately hope that they don't spend 24 on that position.

rambo2

Reaction score
Ya know I wonder if the draft were held before FA if they would have signed Cooper once Lamb slipped.

I'm just dumbfounded as to why so many don't want to give the guy a shot as the lead guy at WR.

Dropsies are fixable.

I desperately hope that they don't spend 24 on that position.
If they did, it certainly would open up cap space for the next several years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if he was signed he would sour on dak after one season and would be talking about him too. then dak would cry to jerry and he would be gone like the others. sad but true.

CWR

Reaction score
Thank god no one would use that to define the top WRs in the NFL today

It is what it is, just their numbers. Not a ranking system. Coop has been very good when given opportunities and Cook finds a way despite circumstances.

I'd obviously agree I'd rather have Tyreek or Chase or one of the up and coming stars, but there is no guarantee they follow the same trajectory. Look for both Devontee Adams and Hill to drop off this year, especially Hill. Circumstances matter a lot with these guys. It's almost more relevant to value the tools they bring, because circumstances dictate so much.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It is what it is, just their numbers. Not a ranking system. Coop has been very good when given opportunities and Cook finds a way despite circumstances.

I'd obviously agree I'd rather have Tyreek or Chase or one of the up and coming stars, but there is no guarantee they follow the same trajectory. Look for both Devontee Adams and Hill to drop off this year, especially Hill. Circumstances matter a lot with these guys. It's almost more relevant to value the tools they bring.

Cooper has had multiple multi-time pro bowl QBs throwing him the ball, and he’s had the same problems with both teams. At some point people have to put their arms up and accept this is the player that he is. If he still can’t break 75.0 yards per game with Deshaun Watson throwing him the ball, is it now Deshaun’s fault too?

The biggest issue I have I think is just people throwing the top 10 thing around Willy Nilly and not actually working out who all the WR’s in the league are right now. It’s debatable if Cooper is even top 15. I do believe paying him 20m$ set a bar for long term receivers who may not be superstars.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Same reason why the national media and fans are freaking out over the loss of La’el and Gregory. Cowboys drama is best for business. Anybody that has watched Cooper and La’el the last two seasons could see they needed to go. Gregory plays one average season and the national media acts like the Cowboys lost Lawrence Taylor. The Cowboys are ok.

CWR

Reaction score
Cooper has had multiple multi-time pro bowl QBs throwing him the ball, and he’s had the same problems with both teams. At some point people have to put their arms up and accept this is the player that he is. If he still can’t break 75.0 yards per game with Deshaun Watson throwing him the ball, is it now Deshaun’s fault too?

The biggest issue I have I think is just people throwing the top 10 thing around Willy Nilly and not actually working out who all the WR’s in the league are right now. It’s debatable if Cooper is even top 15. I do believe paying him 20m$ set a bar for long term receivers who may not be superstars.

He averaged aprox 1100 and 6 in Dallas. That's before the second half of last season when he became 32nd in targets. Its also combining numbers his trade year. Is the difference between 70 and 75 yds per game that huge?

Where is the brunt of the blame? If you're putting it on Coop, then you are propping up Dak and/or KM and/or vice versa. There's a tendency on this board to say everyone sucks, yet someone has to get credit for padding the numbers.

I think they all had a part in his lackluster season, and I put most of that on the coordinator who couldn't scheme his way past a cover 2. Dak fell apart from there, and Coop was all but done.

You'll be hard pressed to rank many 28 year old wrs very high because you aren't banking on more than a couple of years production. The only ones that get that treatment are the top 5 or so, Adams, for example.

CWR

Reaction score
Same reason why the national media and fans are freaking out over the loss of La’el and Gregory. Cowboys drama is best for business. Anybody that has watched Cooper and La’el the last two seasons could see they needed to go. Gregory plays one average season and the national media acts like the Cowboys lost Lawrence Taylor. The Cowboys are ok.

The biggest reason losing Coop gets so much attention is remembering how bad the offense was before him. Of course, we only had Allen Hurns and a rookie Gallup at that point. We are in a much better position now.

Status
Not open for further replies.