News: TS: Cowboys Have Reportedly Inquired About WR Brandin Cooks Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep_South

Reaction score
The Texans were holding all of the cards here, so it's no big loss, IMO.

Carson

Reaction score
Sweet. Who will be the rumor tomorrow? Running out of big game guys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% agree.........they wanted him gone, as in off the team.
I agree. I don't know where this notion or opinion is coming from they couldn't' afford Amari. They most definitely could. Now you can debate why they did it but its clear that if they are in the market for receivers that it wasn't about salary.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That idea makes a lot of sense, but probably more along the lines of he pissed off Jerry w the Vax thing.

That in addition to, his contract was structured in a team friendly way. If Elliott would have pulled the same stunt he would still be here.
I don' think that was it. We've seen guys here before break rules and miss games......hell look how Gregory's career went.....I honestly think they made some of these moves to shake the locker room up....might be McCarthy behind that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don' think that was it. We've seen guys here before break rules and miss games......hell look how Gregory's career went.....I honestly think they made some of these moves to shake the locker room up....might be McCarthy behind that.
That could be....and we are all just speculating....but he was clearly upset over the Cooper thing in November.

I dont recall him publicly getting nuts over Gregory and his weed suspensions.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree. I don't know where this notion or opinion is coming from they couldn't' afford Amari. They most definitely could. Now you can debate why they did it but its clear that if they are in the market for receivers that it wasn't about salary.

No question........ZERO to due with salary. Something some fans/posters are overlooking is the March 20th drop-dead deadline before his 2022 salary would become guaranteed. We have to remember several teams were interested but ONLY the Browns were willing to pay/guarantee $40M of the $60M he had left on his contract.

BTW......Keep in mind Lamb is up for a new deal in a couple of years. They need to know if he can be the guy. Kinda hard if you're having to feed Armari. So I'm sure that was part of why he's not here but the biggest reason is he got stuck in Jerry's doghouse.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Jones boys tend to undermine their own leverage by telling the world what they're thinking. They were getting rid of him, one way or another.
Yeah but hey... you've gotta talk..... the fans want it.

Ok right.

Honestly I think they talk so much because they are trying to prove to the world that they know what they are doing, so they feel like they have to sell it.

It's beyond a joke at this stage.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's difficult for me to picture our FO paying $20 mil for Cooks when they just rid themselves of Amari Cooper for the same amount. :huh:

After all, they've been lowballing everyone else that they've been "interested" in. Not sure why they'd choose to treat him differently. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Wow, that Cooper trade gets worse and worse

$20 million for Cooks....

Have you ever looked at Cooks numbers? He's insanely under valued by most fans. Dude has been all over and consistently find a way to produce.

CWR

Reaction score
It became the norm for non-top10 guys when you paid it to Amari Cooper

I'd be real interested to see how his numbers compare to the elites over the last 7 years, while he's had 6 1k seasons. Has to be top 10 no?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah but hey... you've gotta talk..... the fans want it.

Ok right.

Honestly I think they talk so much because they are trying to prove to the world that they know what they are doing, so they feel like they have to sell it.

It's beyond a joke at this stage.
Actually, they do know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.